Acne scar looksmax plan

JawMogger

JawMogger

GTL Enthusiast
I have some mild to moderate acne scars on my face, mostly shallow boxcar and rolling scars (used to be worse before I had a two subcision procedures). I'm thinking about getting rf microneedling and/or erbium yag laser resurfacing this summer.

RF microneedling: one clinic is offers $500 per session or 1400 for 3 sessions; another clinic offers 2500 for 4 sessions but includes PRP
Erbium Yag laser resurfacing: i bought a groupon for $320 for one session but i have a feeling this is only superficial depth

I also have a TCA 15% peeling solution I bought from Perfect Image ~$30. I'm thinking about getting the above procedures done and then smoothing everything out with a series of peels at the end. Thots on this plan? Does anyone have any experience w these procedures? Is the pricing good or should I continue looking around?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Carpediem, Chadethnic101, ALP and 1 other person
you could fuck 25 HTBs for that cash

• JFL
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 13787, ALP and 4 others
did you use any filler with your subcision? did you do the suction method after?

Doesn't tret also take away scarring

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84
did you use any filler with your subcision? did you do the suction method after?
I didn't get any fillers, but I did cupping after my second subcision. Most of the depressed/pitted scars are raised now but there are still some textural issues
Doesn't tret also take away scarring
I've been on tret gel .1 for about a month now. Haven't noticed much improvement yet for atrophic scarring. This study says tret .05 in combination with alternating TCA peels/microneedling is effective (done over course of several months).

Last edited:
you could fuck 25 HTBs for that cash
Unironically but I need to get this done for my mental health. Pretty sure women check me out quite regularly but in my head I think they're staring at my acne scars :feelsrope::feelsbadman:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Toth's thot
I didn't get any fillers, but I did cupping after my second subcision. Most of the depressed/pitted scars are raised now but there are still some textural issues

I've been on tret gel .1 for about a month now. Haven't noticed much improvement yet for atrophic scarring. This study says tret .05 in combination with alternating TCA peels/microneedling is effective (done over course of several months).

A month is nothing give it 8 months

• +1
Reactions: JawMogger

what did you use for cupping may i ask and when/how did you do it? i did it too with my first subcision but i dont know if i did it right etc

what did you use for cupping may i ask and when/how did you do it? i did it too with my first subcision but i dont know if i did it right etc
I bought a cheap chinese cupping set off amazon like this:

Amazon product ASIN B00AI1W8NI
I used suction over the scarred area ~10 seconds IIRC. I repeated this every few hours for about a week. Idk if the cupping did anything or not but worth trying for only $20. I think I followed a guide from acne.org for cupping after subcision like the one below. It's not an exact science just keep it plump

• +1
Reactions: crosshold
I bought a cheap chinese cupping set off amazon like this:

Amazon product ASIN B00AI1W8NI
I used suction over the scarred area ~10 seconds IIRC. I repeated this every few hours for about a week. Idk if the cupping did anything or not but worth trying for only $20. I think I followed a guide from acne.org for cupping after subcision like the one below. It's not an exact science just keep it plump

ah okay thanks!

i used something like this, specifically the pyramid shaped ones on the left

Amazon product ASIN B074XQFJ4W

• +1
I applied my first TCA 15% peel today, roughly 3 layers and left on for 5 minutes. Will follow up in a few days to discuss if there is any noticeable reduction in scars.

I am also set on getting at least one RF microneedling treatment ($500) and one Erbium Yag laser resurfacing treatment ($320).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
I applied my first TCA 15% peel today, roughly 3 layers and left on for 5 minutes. Will follow up in a few days to discuss if there is any noticeable reduction in scars.

I am also set on getting at least one RF microneedling treatment ($500) and one Erbium Yag laser resurfacing treatment ($320).
How's your progress with the TCA peel and do you have to wash it off after leaving it on skin for about 5 minutes?

• +1
How's your progress with the TCA peel and do you have to wash it off after leaving it on skin for about 5 minutes?
I followed the instructions that came with it... applied a layer and washed it off with cold water after 5 mins. Had very minimal peeling/didn't see much of a difference. I'm going to apply more layers and leave it on for longer next time

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
I had erbium yag laser resurfacing done a few days ago. Asked the esthetician to be more aggressive with the depth of the laser and she was nice about it (she said I was handsome -- not sure if just being polite for customer service). Face is currently scabbing/crusty... waiting for everything to peel off within the next week or two. I will update with results in a few weeks. I will probably get a few more of these done since I only paid ~$350 which seems really cheap for erbium laser resurfacing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Erbium laser resurfacing update: Dead skin is pretty much totally peeled off. Skin texture is DEFINITELY improved and my skin is glowing. Acne scars on cheeks have smoothed out a decent amount and hyperpigmentation/redness is reduced. Going to give it another go in about a month, feeling blessed from these results :love: the clinic I went to only charges ~$350 so it's pretty much a no brainer to get it done again.

General thoughts/advice on improving acne scars:​

1. Get acne under control -- might have to take accutane if acne is persistent and severe, don't wait too long and let it leave behind a lot of scars
  2. If you have residual scars, identify what kind of scars you have (icepick, rolling, boxcar)
    1. If icepick, get TCA cross
    2. If rolling, get subcision and do chinese cupping after the procedure to prevent scars from re-tethering
  3. After doing 2.1 and 2.2, get series of medium depth chemical peels (TCA 20%+) and/or laser resurfacing (CO2 (white skin) or erbium (ethnic skin))
    1. You can also look into RF microneedling, but I have not had this procedure so I can't comment on its efficacy. Big $$$ though
  4. At this point, scars should be significantly improved. Use tretinoin nightly + biweekly microneedling/chemical peels for maintenance and continued improvement

TLDR; first do subcision and TCA cross to un-tether and raise scars. Then finish off with laser resurfacing and chemical peels to even everything out.

I've personally spent about $3.4k on this shit so far, but I'm getting close to my skin goals (not super model quality but acceptable). I'm anticipating doing 1-2x more erbium laser resurfacing treatments.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, deepweb1298 and Kmscurry
Im getting laser resurfacing next week as well 👍

Luckily im going to one of the best in the country and getting it for free.

• +1
Im getting laser resurfacing next week as well 👍

Luckily im going to one of the best in the country and getting it for free.
Which Dr. are you seeing? How are you getting it for free? In America, insurance doesn't cover cosmetic procedures :cry:

Which Dr. are you seeing? How are you getting it for free? In America, insurance doesn't cover cosmetic procedures :cry:
Lol yeah its cosmetic im basically being a guinea pig for some laser stuff, he gets to try new shit out and i get better skin. Its brilliant

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kmscurry and JawMogger
Lol yeah its cosmetic im basically being a guinea pig for some laser stuff, he gets to try new shit out and i get better skin. Its brilliant
That's dope. Do you know the name of the laser? Just curious what the latest technology is... I see Jason Emer MD on Youtube shilling HALO laser a lot

That's dope. Do you know the name of the laser? Just curious what the latest technology is... I see Jason Emer MD on Youtube shilling HALO laser a lot
Not yet but im gonna guess that it might be erbium resurfacing.

That Jason Emer guy gives off really shilly vibes for shit, i think there are better derms than that guy.

Not yet but im gonna guess that it might be erbium resurfacing.

That Jason Emer guy gives off really shilly vibes for shit, i think there are better derms than that guy.
Sounds good brah. I am very pleased with my results from the erbium yag laser. And I feel like seeing a top derm is unnecessary for this shit, you just set a depth and laser over the face (maybe extra pass or two over scarred area). An esthetician did my procedure and everything went well.

• +1
Reactions: deepweb1298
Had another laser treatment. My scars improved ~50% from the first treatment. Keeping fingers crossed... hoping to have scars reduced 80-90% total :feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate
I have some mild to moderate acne scars on my face, mostly shallow boxcar and rolling scars (used to be worse before I had a two subcision procedures). I'm thinking about getting rf microneedling and/or erbium yag laser resurfacing this summer.

RF microneedling: one clinic is offers $500 per session or 1400 for 3 sessions; another clinic offers 2500 for 4 sessions but includes PRP
Erbium Yag laser resurfacing: i bought a groupon for $320 for one session but i have a feeling this is only superficial depth

I also have a TCA 15% peeling solution I bought from Perfect Image ~$30. I'm thinking about getting the above procedures done and then smoothing everything out with a series of peels at the end. Thots on this plan? Does anyone have any experience w these procedures? Is the pricing good or should I continue looking around?
Someone literally made a thread about everyday Tret with at home microneedling basically eliminated all scars

Someone literally made a thread about everyday Tret with at home microneedling basically eliminated all scars
That's probably fine if you're a poorfag with mild acne scars. I had moderate to severe atrophic scarring (boxcar, rolling scars)

Had another laser treatment. My scars improved ~50% from the first treatment. Keeping fingers crossed... hoping to have scars reduced 80-90% total :feelsgood:
bro could you check my post about electrolysis and scarring? i recently had electrolysis done on my face ( for hypertrichosis caused by minoxidl) and it has fucked my skin badly... i never ha acne before and now i have those holes all over my skin. i hope this can recover. i am currently suing the dude that did that to me

• +1
bro could you check my post about electrolysis and scarring? i recently had electrolysis done on my face ( for hypertrichosis caused by minoxidl) and it has fucked my skin badly... i never ha acne before and now i have those holes all over my skin. i hope this can recover. i am currently suing the dude that did that to me
Not sure if you're serious but I can barely see any scarring/ textural problems from your picture? You can definitely fix that with a chemical peel or laser treatment if it bothers you that much

Not sure if you're serious but I can barely see any scarring/ textural problems from your picture? You can definitely fix that with a chemical peel or laser treatment if it bothers you that much
Yo check pm?

• +1
thanks bro totaly serious, the dude caused me some pock mark / pitting on my whole upper cheek and pore area near nose; now it looks horrible like huge elnarged pores. french surgeon told me that the electrlysis left permanent holes... what is the best laser treatment for pitting scar?

thanks bro totaly serious, the dude caused me some pock mark / pitting on my whole upper cheek and pore area near nose; now it looks horrible like huge elnarged pores. french surgeon told me that the electrlysis left permanent holes... what is the best laser treatment for pitting scar?
Co2 if white, erbium yag if ethnic

@AcneScars thoughts?

Co2 if white, erbium yag if ethnic
thanks bro, i will try co2 , there is a surgeon doin gthis nearme. but fuck i have ruined my skin like a stupid guy, never had acne before, and because of elecrolysis now i have these holes ' pocked mark...

thanks bro, i will try co2 , there is a surgeon doin gthis nearme. but fuck i have ruined my skin like a stupid guy, never had acne before, and because of elecrolysis now i have these holes ' pocked mark...
Chill you're fine. It's not even noticeable in a close up picture

Dead skin peeled off. My skin, my biggest failo for 5+ years, has finally ascended. Scars are probably at least 70% improved from a few months ago.

I have been getting extremely good treatment from strangers and women smile when I ask them anything or talk to them. I think I have finally ascended after years of being a fat, acne ridden loser :feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood: Now I just have to go outside more and gain social skills

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy
Dead skin peeled off. My skin, my biggest failo for 5+ years, has finally ascended. Scars are probably at least 70% improved from a few months ago.

I have been getting extremely good treatment from strangers and women smile when I ask them anything or talk to them. I think I have finally ascended after years of being a fat, acne ridden loser :feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood: Now I just have to go outside more and gain social skills
Dm me before and after plz

• +1

Any updates