ADHD victims, what’s helped you in studying consistently

D

Deleted member 20631

Deleting soon, goodbye forever
Any suggestions are welcome, I’m already on meds and I still can’t make myself study the amount that’s needed.

It’s completely fucking brutal I feel like a failure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23115 and justinzayn
After I got blackpilled 6 years ago , I can't study since then tbh, it's over tbh.
Face=life. Books are cope

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16275, Deleted member 23115, Prince88 and 12 others
Only way Was to study the night before , with lots of coffee and the whole stress made me force my brain to study, but its legit torture

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275, Deleted member 23115, Prince88 and 8 others
Jew pills vyvanse and Ritalin

• +1
Reactions: Finalcut123
Any suggestions are welcome, I’m already on meds and I still can’t make myself study the amount that’s needed.

use modafinil alongside it i guess

Only way Was to study the night before , with lots of coffee and the whole stress made me force my brain to study, but its legit torture
That’s what I’ve done my entire life but it’s become impossible now, it’s too much information to memorize in one day. I have to somehow study atleast a few weeks ahead of time.

I’m on meds, they help to some degree but I’ve found myself just doing autistic shit instead of studying. I just have to get a schedule going and space out my study time with breaks so I don’t overdo it and shutdown.

Still it’s so fucking brutal because it’s extremely important that I do well. I just have to stress myself out enough to study everyday until the school year is over.

Hmph, well done for a mere man. Allow me to reward your determination with mankind's most ancient treasure. Of course, this is for you and you alone

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, poopoohead and Deleted member 20631
After I got blackpilled 6 years ago , I can't study since then tbh, it's over tbh.
If I lose my scholarships I won’t be able to get surgery nigga. This is the most cortisol inducing shit ever, I’m genuinely retarded for never forcing myself to learn how to study

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Corleone
If I lose my scholarships I won’t be able to get surgery nigga. This is the most cortisol inducing shit ever, I’m genuinely retarded for never forcing myself to learn how to study
Over for surgerycels tbh ngl.

I took 40mg a day recommended for adults is like 30mg
I’m on that rn, and It’s not helping to the degree I need it to. I don’t want to up my dose because I know the sides will be fucked.

I’m going to write up a schedule and put away anything that could distract me

• +1
Reactions: copefuel
Nothing. I skipped school and became a NEET after

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23115
let me know if you find something cause i’m in the same boat i can’t fail uni again

let me know if you find something cause i’m in the same boat i can’t fail uni again
Meds are the only real solution. Find ones that work and make sure you study a certain amount each day and that you review whatever you learned in class.

Good sleep, exercise and diet help to some degree as well. Getting rid of distractions also helps, the hardest part is actually starting.

Write questions in your notes so you can test yourself instead of just mindlessly copying the information down.

Don’t over stress yourself, realize how important it is and how little time you actually have and motivate yourself to do the best you possibly could.

45 minutes of studying with a 15 minute break is good, writing flash cards/questions Is also a good way to prepare yourself for the exam.

Make sure you’re hydrated and you’re eating enough, meds kill appetite so you won’t realize how little you’re actually eating in a day.

And make sure to start as early as possible, it brings the average amount of hours a day you have to study so you won’t burn yourself out.

And don’t procrastinate EVER, set times when you’re going to start something and when the time comes drop everything and start.

Avoid things that are overtly gratifying like video games, in your break time try to relax, use the washroom, get something to drink. You don’t want the studying to feel like a punishment

Try to understand the information you’re meant to learn, if it’s a math subject try to play around with it in your head. Do lots of practice questions

Don’t overthink about failing and give up. Realize that it’s going to take a lot out of you to make it through but it’s something that’s necessary. It’s going to be hard, it might be the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life but it’s something that needs to be done.

Were going to get through this, if you’ve been able to get by studying a day before the exam imagine your potential studying weeks before.

I wish you the best of luck man, it’s unfortunate our brains aren’t wired for modern society but it doesn’t mean we can’t succeed.

• Love it
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ResilientGoyim, BigBoy, Deleted member 16275 and 3 others

Time to throw in the towel and accept it’s over

Meds are the only real solution. Find ones that work and make sure you study a certain amount each day and that you review whatever you learned in class.

Good sleep, exercise and diet help to some degree as well. Getting rid of distractions also helps, the hardest part is actually starting.

Write questions in your notes so you can test yourself instead of just mindlessly copying the information down.

Don’t over stress yourself, realize how important it is and how little time you actually have and motivate yourself to do the best you possibly could.

45 minutes of studying with a 15 minute break is good, writing flash cards/questions Is also a good way to prepare yourself for the exam.

Make sure you’re hydrated and you’re eating enough, meds kill appetite so you won’t realize how little you’re actually eating in a day.

And make sure to start as early as possible, it brings the average amount of hours a day you have to study so you won’t burn yourself out.

And don’t procrastinate EVER, set times when you’re going to start something and when the time comes drop everything and start.

Avoid things that are overtly gratifying like video games, in your break time try to relax, use the washroom, get something to drink. You don’t want the studying to feel like a punishment

Try to understand the information you’re meant to learn, if it’s a math subject try to play around with it in your head. Do lots of practice questions

Don’t overthink about failing and give up. Realize that it’s going to take a lot out of you to make it through but it’s something that’s necessary. It’s going to be hard, it might be the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life but it’s something that needs to be done.

Were going to get through this, if you’ve been able to get by studying a day before the exam imagine your potential studying weeks before.

I wish you the best of luck man, it’s unfortunate our brains aren’t wired for modern society but it doesn’t mean we can’t succeed.
love you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Same yakhi

I stopped giving a fuck about school a while ago it’s impossible for me to study because I end up forgetting the info

I stopped giving a fuck about school a while ago it’s impossible for me to study because I end up forgetting the info
brutal, my memory isn’t the issue I have a pretty good long term memory. My biggest issue is actually making myself sit down and study

Medication and leaving the house. Go to a library or coworking space. Get some kind of blocking app like freedom and block everything on your laptop during the time you will be studying. Schedule the blocking to be automatic. Leave phone at home. This will make a world of difference.

• +1

our brains arent wired to any society whatsoever lol. We have underdeveloped brains caused by environment.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: sunbirdwhosings and Deleted member 20631
our brains arent wired to any society whatsoever lol. We have underdeveloped brains caused by environment.
Were you also born preterm?

making others study with me works the best

I eat two bags of popcorn then an xl pizza while Im studying

• +1
I believe its caused by antibiotics my mother gave me as a child and manly by too much stimulus as a kid (Television, sugar and i would go to diffrent places everyday)

• +1

I studie to become a electrician so i dont do shit tbh

• +1
I believe its caused by antibiotics my mother gave me as a child and manly by too much stimulus as a kid (Television, sugar and i would go to diffrent places everyday)
In my case I’m sure I already had genetic risk factors for ADHD from my dad and the preterm birth exacerbated the issue. I still ended up quite smart since I have good long term memory and logical reasoning but my short term memory and executive function isn’t the greatest.

I think being malnourished during puberty also made it a lot worse as well since maybe if I had a better developmental environment and nutrition my brain development would be a lot better than it is right now.

Also video game addiction didn’t help at all, I think I started playing video games at 6 or 7 years old and continued to play them up until I was 20 so I’m sure that shit did irreparable damage to my attention span.

Though I’ve found if I treat studying like it’s a game it makes it so much easier to absorb information and do it consistently, since it incentivizes me to do better each time. Turning my notes into practice exams has made it so much easier to study compared to just copying shit down.

And quitting distracting shit helps a lot too, ever since I’ve quit video games, studying has become something I consistently do now.

ADHD meds help as well but even some days when I’m on them I still end up getting nothing done and instead just doing autistic shit like writing looksmax paragraphs like I’m doing right now JFL but they really do help give you control.

Something underrated is also fixing your health, fixing gut biome and eating correctly especially high protein is so much more important then you think, antibiotics do so much damage and should always be followed by a course of probiotics. People don’t realize how much we rely on our gut biome and how important it is for long term health and wellness

And I’m not upset at all aspects of my condition, if I was just able to do mundane tasks or stuff that didn’t stimulate me I’d be completely fine with staying the way I am.

How are you holding up man? If you’re in a slump and you feel like life is going nowhere you need to act now and do something about it, nothing is wrong with using ADHD meds to give you a start

It’s unfortunate that we have to endure so much stupid bullshit but it doesn’t mean we have to be held down by circumstance. I’m hoping things go well for you man, if you need someone to talk to just PM me

I studie to become a electrician so i dont do shit tbh
Depending what country you’re in that’s a decent career. Australian electricians get paid around 70k to 100k here so it’s not bad at all

simple:

omega 3
ashwagandha
drinking a bottle of cold water when waking up
exercise mid-day
incoroprate a schedule

In my case I’m sure I already had genetic risk factors for ADHD from my dad and the preterm birth exacerbated the issue. I still ended up quite smart since I have good long term memory and logical reasoning but my short term memory and executive function isn’t the greatest.

I think being malnourished during puberty also made it a lot worse as well since maybe if I had a better developmental environment and nutrition my brain development would be a lot better than it is right now.

Also video game addiction didn’t help at all, I think I started playing video games at 6 or 7 years old and continued to play them up until I was 20 so I’m sure that shit did irreparable damage to my attention span.

Though I’ve found if I treat studying like it’s a game it makes it so much easier to absorb information and do it consistently, since it incentivizes me to do better each time. Turning my notes into practice exams has made it so much easier to study compared to just copying shit down.

And quitting distracting shit helps a lot too, ever since I’ve quit video games, studying has become something I consistently do now.

ADHD meds help as well but even some days when I’m on them I still end up getting nothing done and instead just doing autistic shit like writing looksmax paragraphs like I’m doing right now JFL but they really do help give you control.

Something underrated is also fixing your health, fixing gut biome and eating correctly especially high protein is so much more important then you think, antibiotics do so much damage and should always be followed by a course of probiotics. People don’t realize how much we rely on our gut biome and how important it is for long term health and wellness

And I’m not upset at all aspects of my condition, if I was just able to do mundane tasks or stuff that didn’t stimulate me I’d be completely fine with staying the way I am.

How are you holding up man? If you’re in a slump and you feel like life is going nowhere you need to act now and do something about it, nothing is wrong with using ADHD meds to give you a start

It’s unfortunate that we have to endure so much stupid bullshit but it doesn’t mean we have to be held down by circumstance. I’m hoping things go well for you man, if you need someone to talk to just PM me
Adhd unfortunaly is physical, its literally the undervelopment of the brain. So after around 7 years old or the person has it or dont. Someone cant gain adhd after that. Vicious in videogames is just a consequence of it, i also had during my entire life (So much time lost is sad man). Im also smart and curious, but my short term memory is a fucking joke. I also didnt eated very well during puberty but i dont think it impacted much to be honest. My parents also have adhd so it had an epigenetic predisposition, sad that i we were born in this time of history.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Deleted member 20631
Adhd unfortunaly is physical, its literally the undervelopment of the brain. So after around 7 years old or the person has it or dont. Someone cant gain adhd after that. Vicious in videogames is just a consequence of it, i also had during my entire life (So much time lost is sad man). Im also smart and curious, but my short term memory is a fucking joke. I also didnt eated very well during puberty but i dont think it impacted much to be honest. My parents also have adhd so it had an epigenetic predisposition, sad that i we were born in this time of history.
Yeah, I think I also have other developmental issues since I have very thin bone structure especially for a 6’1 man. Also very bad gut health that I only recently started addressing

I’ve learned to not get caught up on the past, yes we wasted years doing useless shit but it doesn’t mean the rest of our life has to be this way. I’ve looked back on the all the horrible things and bad experiences I’ve had because of my ADHD and it’s brutal what happened but I don’t want that shit to decide my life.

I still have bad habits, I still don’t study as much as I need to and procrastinate deadlines and shit I need to do but after taking the steps and actively trying to live around my condition things are slowly changing. I don’t want to get caught up in feeling sorry for myself anymore.

Emotional regulation is something really important and it’s helped a lot in letting me take back control of my life, overthinking and overreaction will fuck everything up you have to learn to mitigate your thought patterns.

If something is a problem and you can’t deal with it immediately then you shouldn’t stress yourself out about it, behaving like a hypochondriac only makes shit worse.

I’m wishing you the best man, and consider getting meds if you aren’t already on them. They improve short term memory and executive function by a significant amount, I tested it myself when I took a randomized short term memory test and I had a 15-20 IQ difference when I was on meds vs when I was off them so they actually work.

Also how old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Yeah, I think I also have other developmental issues since I have very thin bone structure especially for a 6’1 man. Also very bad gut health that I only recently started addressing

I’ve learned to not get caught up on the past, yes we wasted years doing useless shit but it doesn’t mean the rest of our life has to be this way. I’ve looked back on the all the horrible things and bad experiences I’ve had because of my ADHD and it’s brutal what happened but I don’t want that shit to decide my life.

I still have bad habits, I still don’t study as much as I need to and procrastinate deadlines and shit I need to do but after taking the steps and actively trying to live around my condition things are slowly changing. I don’t want to get caught up in feeling sorry for myself anymore.

Emotional regulation is something really important and it’s helped a lot in letting me take back control of my life, overthinking and overreaction will fuck everything up you have to learn to mitigate your thought patterns.

If something is a problem and you can’t deal with it immediately then you shouldn’t stress yourself out about it, behaving like a hypochondriac only makes shit worse.

I’m wishing you the best man, and consider getting meds if you aren’t already on them. They improve short term memory and executive function by a significant amount, I tested it myself when I took a randomized short term memory test and I had a 15-20 IQ difference when I was on meds vs when I was off them so they actually work.

Also how old are you if you don’t mind me asking?
21. I also am skinny, theres deff a correlation. People with adhd tend to be skinny. My procastination is just insane, i spended 2 years locked just for study and i didnt study one single day, is something absolute insane. Yeah the amount of syntomps of adhd are absurd, its a list that doesnt stop, it becomes your personality. For me the worst is the dissociation, i lost almost all my feeling because of childhood traumas caused by adhd. I used drugs during my entire childhood but got off them 4 years ago, i think about getting on them again but honestly it makes me so sad to be reminded everyday that i have a disability.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Deleted member 20631
21. I also am skinny, theres deff a correlation. People with adhd tend to be skinny. My procastination is just insane, i spended 2 years locked just for study and i didnt study one single day, is something absolute insane. Yeah the amount of syntomps of adhd are absurd, its a list that doesnt stop, it becomes your personality. For me the worst is the dissociation, i lost almost all my feeling because of childhood traumas caused by adhd. I used drugs during my entire childhood but got off them 4 years ago, i think about getting on them again but honestly it makes me so sad to be reminded everyday that i have a disability.
Yeah I understand I’m skinny as well. And my procrastination is fucked as well, I had 3 months to prepare for an important exam and I still only studied the day before like a complete retard.

My emotions are also fucked as well man, for a long stretch of my life I couldn’t feel any empathy at all because of how distrusting and hateful I was towards other people. Though it’s improved a lot I’m still a very selfish person

And you should look into getting medicated, avoid high doses and try to find a dose that’ll put you in a state where you can be in control akin to what you would be had you not had ADHD.

Higher doses not only give me horrible shit sides like anxiety, fucked appetite and gastrointestinal issues but they make me feel like a zombie. It makes my otherwise constantly on brain/train of thought completely quiet and it’s such an unnatural feeling.

And we’re the same age man, things can change for the better we’re still young we can effectively treat our condition and live an enjoyable life

Where can i buy ritalin?

Thanks for this comment bro, really really good tips. Most NT thing someone said who's not even NT. I'm on concerta, taking it consistently for a week now . First 4 days I literally fucked around with it, took like 40mg one morning, 20mg later, I felt like absolute fucking shit, didn't feel any positive effects at all. Now I do what my doc said. 10 mg in the morning, 10 later for 5 days in total, then I have try 20mg in the morning and 20 later for 5 days and so on. I sadly don't feel any positive effects even on a small dose like 10mg, I'm really tired and depressed all the time and my eyes tear up/vision gets blurry. Does that go away with time? I literally have no motivation to do shit even on concerta, it doesn't boost me or anything.

• +1
Thanks for this comment bro, really really good tips. Most NT thing someone said who's not even NT. I'm on concerta, taking it consistently for a week now . First 4 days I literally fucked around with it, took like 40mg one morning, 20mg later, I felt like absolute fucking shit, didn't feel any positive effects at all. Now I do what my doc said. 10 mg in the morning, 10 later for 5 days in total, then I have try 20mg in the morning and 20 later for 5 days and so on. I sadly don't feel any positive effects even on a small dose like 10mg, I'm really tired and depressed all the time and my eyes tear up/vision gets blurry. Does that go away with time? I literally have no motivation to do shit even on concerta, it doesn't boost me or anything.
Concerta hasn’t worked for most people I know who’ve tried it including myself. It just gave me really bad anxiety and it wouldn’t really improve my focus or motivation, ask for Adderall or Vyvanse from your doctor preferably adderall since it’s been what’s working really well for me.

No anxiety and the worst side is dehydration but that can be easily dealt with just drinking more water, it improves my focus by a lot and really let’s me sit down and study without getting instantly bored

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27702
Concerta hasn’t worked for most people I know who’ve tried it including myself. It just gave me really bad anxiety and it wouldn’t really improve my focus or motivation, ask for Adderall or Vyvanse from your doctor preferably adderall since it’s been what’s working really well for me.

No anxiety and the worst side is dehydration but that can be easily dealt with just drinking more water, it improves my focus by a lot and really let’s me sit down and study without getting instantly bored
yeah that sounds more like something I'd definetly like more. In Germany we sadly don't have adderall, only yvanse/elvanse but I'll tell that my doc soon. I‘m definetly more focused on concerta, but honestly, how should that matter if I don't get any motivation to do shit still. I just look at my phone intensively lol. Anxiety is really bad too, I feel scared to even talk to my mum on my phone on concerta. I'll try a higher dose after I'm through the initial phase of concerta, maybe that'll help. But elvanse sounds good.

Last edited:
  • +1
yeah that sounds more like something I'd definetly like more. In Germany we sadly don't have adderall, only yvanse/elvanse but I'll tell that my doc soon. I‘m definetly more focused on concerta, but honestly, how should that matter if I don't get any motivation to do shit still. I just look at my phone intensively lol. Anxiety is really bad too, I feel scared to even talk to my mum on my the phone on concerta. I'll try a higher dose after I'm through the initial phase of concerta, maybe that'll help. But elvanse sounds good.
I think higher doses just made it way worse for me, try talking to your doc ASAP about vyvanse.

Though with Vyvanse you get focus but not very much motivation to study so you have to be careful with removing distractions because it can make you autistically focus one thing. I legit wrote so many fucking essay long threads on here when I was on it JFL so don’t let yourself get distracted

• +1
Caffeine is what helps me. I can actually feel like a normal person on caffeine.

I think higher doses just made it way worse for me, try talking to your doc ASAP about vyvanse.

Though with Vyvanse you get focus but not very much motivation to study so you have to be careful with removing distractions because it can make you autistically focus one thing. I legit wrote so many fucking essay long threads on here when I was on it JFL so don’t let yourself get distracted
shit dude, GermanADHDcels are fucked without Adderall. I still have hope tho, maybe ritalin IR will help, maybe Elvanse will. I just wanna live normally dude, it's so sad.

• +1
shit dude, GermanADHDcels are fucked without Adderall. I still have hope tho, maybe ritalin IR will help, maybe Elvanse will. I just wanna live normally dude, it's so sad.
Instant release is way better than extended. Since it’ll give you a big boost and allow you to have 4 to 6 hour focused study sessions without having the side effects last the entire day, also let’s you avoid insomnia since once the Meds wear off you’ll feel tired.

• +1
Instant release is way better than extended. Since it’ll give you a big boost and allow you to have 4 to 6 hour focused study sessions without having the side effects last the entire day, also let’s you avoid insomnia since once the Meds wear off you’ll feel tired.
yeah I actually don't have any problems with falling asleep and sleeping long, but I still feel tired anyway lol, gotta check if I have sleep apnea aswell. Right now my experience with concerta is like this: I wake up, take it, feel energized but no motivation to do shit anyway. I feel my heart pumping, I feel restless and my mind is still racing with thoughts. After two hours I‘m just exhausted, feel tired & I'm getting angry at everything. I get sad sometimes, but I'm just mad most of the time. On a higher dose I felt like everyone was watching me. Why do people even take concerta lol

• +1
yeah I actually don't have any problems with falling asleep and sleeping long, but I still feel tired anyway lol, gotta check if I have sleep apnea aswell. Right now my experience with concerta is like this: I wake up, take it, feel energized but no motivation to do shit anyway. I feel my heart pumping, I feel restless and my mind is still racing with thoughts. After two hours I‘m just exhausted, feel tired & I'm getting angry at everything. I get sad sometimes, but I'm just mad most of the time. On a higher dose I felt like everyone was watching me. Why do people even take concerta lol
I don’t know, it’s because adderall and Vyvanse are banned in some countries and concerta is the only option. It’s legit horrible I don’t understand why it’s ever prescribed it genuinely gave me paranoid schizo levels of anxiety on higher doses and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack because my heart was pumping extremely hard.

• +1
I don’t know, it’s because adderall and Vyvanse are banned in some countries and concerta is the only option. It’s legit horrible I don’t understand why it’s ever prescribed it genuinely gave me paranoid schizo levels of anxiety on higher doses and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack because my heart was pumping extremely hard.
yeah bro, paranoid schizo levels of anxiety describes that really really well. I just hope for the best, I will continue taking it, maybe it will get better, maybe I'll die from a heart attack. If it gets rid off my executive dysfunction, I honestly don‘t care about listening to my heart beat like 3x faster

• +1
yeah bro, paranoid schizo levels of anxiety describes that really really well. I just hope for the best, I will continue taking it, maybe it will get better, maybe I'll die from a heart attack. If it gets rid off my executive dysfunction, I honestly don‘t care about listening to my heart beat like 3x faster
Be open to other options, if you can get Vyvanse you should get it. My adderall rarely gives me anxiety and when I’m the time period where my dose is peaking it’s usually a very calm, relaxed focused state. Still I don’t like being on meds just have to get through until my finals are done

• +1
Hahaha same here. 4 years to study and overall hours of actually studying is probably less than 200. Have you tried ritalin Bromocriptine or clonidine for it?