Aesthetic effects of jaw widening

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Anybody knows if transversal mandibular distraction osteogenesis has notable aesthetic effects on the jaw ? I'd get it for about the distance of 1 to 1.5 canines so around 6-9mm. I imagine the chin get proportionally wider ?

@RealSurgerymax @SixCRY

The Distrax A Hybrid Distraction Appliance

Cs 7696391

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
I assume it depends on how the gonion and mandible react. If it expands in a parallel shape, then the entire mandible would expand and it would be a Chad surgery. If it just expands in a pyramid shape, then the chin would get wider with the mandible being more or less the same, which would still be good to fix a narrow chin which more narrow mandiblecels have anyways. We'd need before and after xrays to see and obviously an individual's bone structure matters as well.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, one job away, .👽. and 1 other person
I assume it depends on how the gonion and mandible react. If it expands in a parallel shape, then the entire mandible would expand and it would be a Chad surgery. If it just expands in a pyramid shape, then the chin would get wider with the mandible being more or less the same, which would still be good to fix a narrow chin which more narrow mandiblecels have anyways. We'd need before and after xrays to see and obviously an individual's bone structure matters as well.
The effects are those of a pyramid shape although the jaw angles get pushed out a tad bit as well.
My surgeon said he can either offer me this combined with SARPE and orthodontics (which would expand my palate by around 7mm in total which would be a huge looksmax for my narrow smile)
or he could extract 1 premolar...

So I guess I'll go with that. My chin is hyper narrow anyways.

View attachment 1429591
Could even read the full article because my uni has access lol. The guy ascended HARD.
Only problem is that overall treatment took 22 months. I'm certainly not gonna wait for so long.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
is there any difference optically when u widen the jaw with a bsso/chinwing and this method?

osteogenesis seems overall like a shitty approach to do anything tbh.

• +1
osteogenesis seems overall like a shitty approach to do anything tbh.
Depends.
A narrow smile/palate is one heck of a disgusting trait so I'm probably still gonna do it to fix my subhumanity.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, datboijj and one job away

View attachment 1429591
And that’s why I always read the TOS now when starting treatments with docs :lul: imagine you don’t Cross out the „is allowed to publish pictures ONLY for educational purposes“. You expect it to only be for selected doctors. And then a wholefckin university has acces to your subhuman face which you looksmaxxed all in silence :lul::lul::lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Silver, Deleted member 7725 and 1 other person
Could even read the full article because my uni has access lol. The guy ascended HARD.
Only problem is that overall treatment took 22 months. I'm certainly not gonna wait for so long.
Post the pic here.

Not worth. 22 months then need to wait for all the bone to ossify before getting bimax in case there's any relapse.

• +1
Reactions: one job away
Post the pic here.

Not worth. 22 months then need to wait for all the bone to ossify before getting bimax in case there's any relapse.

View attachment 1429591
It’s the attachment in this comment

• +1
Post the pic here.

The retards did mandible and SARPE not at the same time plus his situation was nuch worse than mine PLUS the overall time includes after treatment as well. So I hope in my case 9 months will be sufficient, which they should.

• +1
The retards did mandible and SARPE not at the same time plus his situation was nuch worse than mine PLUS the overall time includes after treatment as well. So I hope in my case 9 months will be sufficient, which they should.
I think the surgery is weird man. Like. Doesn’t that lead to insane amounts of pressure from the bone ? Inwards pressure from the gonions

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Post the pic here.

Shark Tank Writing GIF