All beta-carotene you consume gets converted to retinol

D

Deleted member 30037

Scholar
I feel like most people here don't know this, so let me tell you:

The two main forms of vitamin A in the human diet are preformed vitamin A (retinol, retinyl esters), and provitamin A carotenoids such as alpha-carotene and beta-carotene that are converted to retinol. Preformed vitamin A comes from animal products, fortified foods, and vitamin supplements. Carotenoids are found naturally in plant foods. There are other types of carotenoids found in food that are not converted to vitamin A but have health-promoting properties; these include lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.

Nutritionists often quantify vitamin A intake in terms of retinol equivalents (REs): 1 RE is defined as 1 μg of retinol or 6 μg of β-carotene

In other words STOP EATING CARROTS ALL DAY LONG LIKE A RETARD AND START CONSUMING RETINOL RICH FOODS. Not only is it more effective but it will save you a shit tonne of time by eating far less while getting the same benefits.

The best source of retinol is grass-fed beef liver: You can meet your body's daily needs for vitamin A by eating a 3-ounce serving of liver. One serving has more than 4,200 micrograms of retinol activity equivalents (mcg RAE) of vitamin A.

Here are some other good animal-based sources of pure retinol:

• +1
Reactions: john788, Deleted member 32485, Deleted member 51465 and 2 others
Vit A is not that good bruh

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
I can't find beef liver anywhere in my shithole... only pork liver at best...

People used to have animals before, but now there isn't a single cow to be seen in villages because of absolute societal decadence...

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston, Deleted member 30037 and Deleted member 32485
I can't find beef liver anywhere in my shithole... only pork liver at best...

People used to have animals before, but now there isn't a single cow to be seen in villages because of absolute societal decadence...
If you can't get beef liver try and get lamb, it's the second best. But remember, it should be grass-fed/ organic. Go to a farmers market if you have one near where you live, liver is normally very cheap.

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
can i just take 30000 UI beta-carotene supplement instead of eating raw liver? i dont think ill find quality beef raw liver in my country and my parents wouldnt let me eat it raw anyway

can i just take 30000 UI beta-carotene supplement instead of eating raw liver? i dont think ill find quality beef raw liver in my country and my parents wouldnt let me eat it raw anyway
just take supplements don't listen to this retard he eats his own shit

The amount of "retinol" you get from food consumption is barely enough to force your skin into overproducing collagen
You need to apply topical 0.1% cream to your face
You are not skinmaxxed until your skin is constantly exfoliating and looks like gold

If you can't get beef liver try and get lamb, it's the second best. But remember, it should be grass-fed/ organic. Go to a farmers market if you have one near where you live, liver is normally very cheap.
i prefer lamb liver over calf liver because it tastes better for me.

a diet is worthless if you can't keep up with it, and if you don't like the taste of what you eat, you will struggle.

lamb liver is fine and extremely healthy. The difference between calf vs lamb liver is irrelevant.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
i prefer lamb liver over calf liver because it tastes better for me.

a diet is worthless if you can't keep up with it, and if you don't like the taste of what you eat, you will struggle.

lamb liver is fine and extremely healthy. The difference between calf vs lamb liver is irrelevant.
I've had lamb liver this week in my smoothies. Has zero taste it's great

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston