Alternative to sunscreen

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

Boatsman from river of Styx triple 6
Radiation from the sun reacts with the unsaturated fats you have eaten to cause oxidative damage to skin cells. Vitamin E, vitamin A and carotene are antioxidants that prevent skin cell damage, when they are taken internally or applied to the surface of the skin.None of these causes any harmful effects in the sun.Aspirin reduces the iron content of the blood serum, and alsoinhibits the formation of the sometimes-toxic prostaglandins fromfatty acids. Coconut oil is very resistant to radiation damageand, like vitamin E, tends to stop the chain reactions that occurin unsaturated fats. The old formula for suntan oil, coconut oilwith iodine, might turn out to be a safe sunscreen, since the browniodine absorbs light, as other ” U.V. blockers ” do, but iodine isalso an effective chain breaker that inactivates free radicals, andit canʼt be absorbed into cells in its brown form. It doesnʼt havethe potential for causing cancer that the popular sunscreens do

@Youㅤ

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend, 6′2 still over, Youㅤ and 1 other person
Coconut oil is amazing

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
You only need to wear sunscreen when the UV index is 3 or above. Only thing I can think of besides sunscreen is sun protective clothing (normal clothes don't actually protect you from the sun).

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
You only need to wear sunscreen when the UV index is 3 or above. Only thing I can think of besides sunscreen is sun protective clothing (normal clothes don't actually protect you from the sun).
Yep I only sun tan evenings