Annual frame-maxxing thread.

Orc

Orc

diagnosed autist
figured I'd post an update of my routine with the recent influx of new members.

the time span between these pictures is like 5 years or so, but I'm not entirely sure.

Transformation11

I don't like making things more complicated than they are, so I'll keep it as short as possible.

I work out in a 'grease the groove' style, meaning there's no continuous session, I do everything throughout the evening at home, I do house chores and work in my garden between sets.

and I don't like variety, I'd rather do more of the same thing and become good at it than be mediocre at a lot of things.

my current work out routine is:

• monday: curls & skullcrushers 4x20
  • tuesday: t-bar rows 10x20
  • wednesday: curls & skullcrushers 4x20
  • thursday: incline bench 10x15
  • friday: core focused bodyweight & dumbell rows 4x25
  • saturday: overhead press 10x20
  • sunday: squats 5 x 15

I gradually work up the amount of reps that I have until they exceed 20+, at which point I drop them again and add weight, if I'm unable to add reps I'll add another set until I can, if I fail to add weight I continue building up my reps/sets until I can.

this isn't a bodybuilding routine, I originally started doing this as injury prevention for my work as an arborist (tree climber)
it's a weird mix of endurance and strength, similar to german volume training.

my core routine is:

• 50 bicycle crunches.
  • 70 second plank.
  • 70 second plank left side.
  • 70 second plank right side.
  • 80 mountain climbers
  • -short pause-
  • 30 raised knee situps
  • 20 jack knife situps
  • repeat 3 times.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: maximuslaid, pizza, shalomnigga and 38 others
greycels and tiktok lurkers, this is the power of natty lifting, with dedication and discipline you too can achieve something similar.

say no to steroids

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer, futuregigamogger, Eren and 56 others
by the way I don't restrict myself to any specific diet and don't track macros, I eat quite good and varied though.

some staples from my diet:

20230330 182554
20230403 184011
20230501 203931
20230610 195804
20230802 184058

as long as you're eating dairy/poultry/fish/meat/beans with everything tracking protein becomes a meme and you're better off worrying about your micro-nutrients.

I cut and bulk by instinct, if you're cutting you're consistently hungry throughout some parts of the day, if you're bulking you eat past satiety.

• Love it
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: boss8055, CarrotMaxxer, nofap and 37 others
Good thread, but step one, dont be born with narrow clavicles

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: boss8055, Skywalker, Glacier and 9 others
Good thread, but step one, dont be born with narrow clavicles
clavicular length doesn't matter as much as hip width does, you can still have great skeletal tapering with average clavicles if your hips are narrow.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, xeqri, futuregigamogger and 7 others
clavicular length doesn't matter as much as hip width does, you can still have great skeletal tapering with average clavicles if your hips are narrow.
I agree, youre right, but people born with narrow clavicles dont have their hips narrow enough, in most case

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 51465, Akhi and 3 others
I agree, youre right, but people born with narrow clavicles dont have their hips narrow enough, in most case
well i do

how old r u @Arborist

• +1
Reactions: Orc
by the way I don't restrict myself to any specific diet and don't track macros, I eat quite good and varied though.

View attachment 2372654View attachment 2372655View attachment 2372658View attachment 2372659View attachment 2372661View attachment 2372662View attachment 2372664View attachment 2372665

as long as you're eating dairy/poultry/fish/meat/beans with everything tracking protein becomes a meme and you're better off worrying about your micro-nutrients.

I cut and bulk by instinct, if you're cutting you're consistently hungry throughout some parts of the day, if you're bulking you eat past satiety.
Veggies :sick::sick::sick:
greycels and tiktok lurkers, this is the power of natty lifting, with dedication and discipline you too can achieve something similar.
Just work hard and keep on going

So u only do dumbbell rows for back? Do u think adding lat pull downs or just pull ups would have been better?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Orc and reptiles
So u only do dumbbell rows for back? Do u think adding lat pull downs or just pull ups would have been better?
t-bar rows and dumbbell rows.

I don't have a pull down machine but they do seem good, pull ups would be nice too but I'd need a bar outside as I'm too tall to do them with one of those door frame bars even with my knees tucked.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, reptiles and Reformed
So let me get this straight... in case you forgot you are not supposed to be making troll-threads

So i assume this is serious.. how the fuck did you build your body even with roids when you are doing 1-2 exercises per day

• Hmm...
So i assume this is serious.. how the fuck did you build your body even with roids when you are doing 1-2 exercises per day
as long as you're doing roughly 10+ heavy sets per week for a muscle it'll grow, it doesn't make a huge difference whether you do it in 4, 3, 2 or 1 session.

I respond better to low frequency high volume than to higher frequency with less volume.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, yirma19, Member since 2022 and 1 other person
Veggies :sick::sick::sick:

Just work hard and keep on going

You need a balance diet veggies are hugely good for vitamins and fibre but don't go vegan either as you also need protein and animal for your gut

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055, Lethbridge, redmaxx and 3 others
as long as you're doing roughly 10+ heavy sets per week for a muscle it'll grow, it doesn't make a huge difference whether you do it in 4, 3, 2 or 1 session.

I respond better to low frequency high volume than to higher frequency with less volume.

This is all natural and no steroids either you have god tier genetics or your not being truthful this seems way to get to seem natural

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: boss8055, efidescontinuado and Orc

Yes, i understand that but you have 1-2 exercise max on every muscle and every muscle has multiple part of the muscle lets say for example back you have lats, upper back, lower back + the last one idk how it's called in english(middle back but depth basically)

so you are not training the entire muscle just some part of it.. if you know what i mean

and i know your job is extremely physically hard but there is close to 0 progressive overload after you have done that job for some time

• Hmm...
basically what i am saying is that for example Prettyboy has extremely well-thought training program and your is just simple and it kinda looks "bad" and i just wanted to hear your opinion.. i know that if you put 99% effort into your training it's gonna end up better than putting 60% effort into 5 exercises per muscle

• +1
You need a balance diet veggies are hugely good for vitamins and fibre but don't go vegan either as you also need protein and animal for your gut
meat isn't particularly rich in antioxidants, vitamin c, boron and vitamin e.
Yes, i understand that but you have 1-2 exercise max on every muscle and every muscle has multiple part of the muscle lets say for example back you have lats, upper back, lower back + the last one idk how it's called in english(middle back but depth basically)

so you are not training the entire muscle just some part of it.. if you know what i mean

and i know your job is extremely physically hard but there is close to 0 progressive overload after you have done that job for some time
when you're doing this amount of volume in a single session your primary muscles become exhausted and secondary and tertiary muscles start compensating.

i.e overhead press doesn't grow your upper chest UNLESS you're doing so much volume that your shoulders become exhausted, at which point your triceps and upper chest become primary.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Jase, Ryldoo IS COPING and 1 other person

when you're doing this amount of volume in a single session your primary muscles become exhausted and secondary and tertiary muscles start compensating.

i.e overhead press doesn't grow your upper chest UNLESS you're doing so much volume that your shoulders become exhausted, at which point your triceps and upper chest become primary.
so basically you are just training it like a full body program when you don't focus on a single muscle but rather primary+secondary muscles... makes sense

still it's so weird to look at this program and your body, because i have never seen someone look like you and train this "little" but hard

spending 20minutes vs 90minutes working out a day and you still look better than 99,9% ppl... miring

basically what i am saying is that for example Prettyboy has extremely well-thought training program and your is just simple and it kinda looks "bad" and i just wanted to hear your opinion.. i know that if you put 99% effort into your training it's gonna end up better than putting 60% effort into 5 exercises per muscle
the idea of incorporating several movements is largely based on the misconception that the primary muscles for a movement remain primary, but this isn't the case unless you're doing lower volume.

you can grow your serratus with the overhead press if you push it above your head frequently enough.

so basically you are just training it like a full body program when you don't focus on a single muscle but rather primary+secondary muscles... makes sense
yes, I want to be able to do the same movement extensively, because that's what I'd do at work, you don't have the choice to just climb differently when you're hanging from a rope, you'll just have to compensate for your exhausted arms with your shoulders and chest.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: boss8055, zharupodrugu, Jase and 2 others
the idea of incorporating several movements is largely based on the misconception that the primary muscles for a movement remain primary, but this isn't the case unless you're doing lower volume.

you can grow your serratus with the overhead press if you push it above your head frequently enough.

yes, I want to be able to do the same movement extensively, because that's what I'd do at work, you don't have the choice to just climb differently when you're hanging from a rope, you'll just have to compensate for your exhausted arms with your shoulders and chest.
love it, thank you

• +1

the time span between these pictures is like 5 years or so, but I'm not entirely sure.

View attachment 2372638

I don't like making things more complicated than they are, so I'll keep it as short as possible.

I work out in a 'grease the groove' style, meaning there's no continuous session, I do everything throughout the evening at home, I do house chores and work in my garden between sets.

and I don't like variety, I'd rather do more of the same thing and become good at it than be mediocre at a lot of things.

I gradually work up the amount of reps that I have until they exceed 20+, at which point I drop them again and add weight, if I'm unable to add reps I'll add another set until I can, if I fail to add weight I continue building up my reps/sets until I can.

this isn't a bodybuilding routine, I originally started doing this as injury prevention for my work as an arborist (tree climber)

my core routine is:

• 50 bicycle crunches.
  • 70 second plank.
  • 80 mountain climbers
  • -short pause-
  • 30 raised knee situps
  • 20 jack knife situps
  • repeat 3 times.
Looking at my frame pre lifting I’m starting to see my bidelt was the same all along. All that gymcelling all that nerve damage and inflammation just to get cucked by 18’ normies

Attachments

• 0261B359-E5D8-410E-9BAF-42B60AB04C55.jpeg
    0261B359-E5D8-410E-9BAF-42B60AB04C55.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 0
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and Orc
love it, thank you
it's a method known as 'german volume training' that used to be incorporated in the olympics, it makes you really good at a lift really quickly, but it's typically only used for short durations, I've been doing it for years straight.

my overhead press went from my worst lift to my best lift in a year.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Loveland, zharupodrugu and 4 others
I’ve actually been trying this out recently with some alterations. It’s certainly a chill way to work out and you get massive volume in. Easy to stay compliant with it.

Couple questions;

1. When you’re doing 10 sets, do you go near failure on each set or do you do straight sets going from trivially easy on the first to failure on the last?
2. Do you trap your feet for sit ups? They seem impossible otherwise just due to the geometry of it when you’ve a big upper body.
3. How long does the DOMS last and do you get secondary muscle as well as primary DOMS (for example, sore upper chest from OHP)? This number of sets gives me hella DOMS.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah, Orc and Deleted member 33424
I’ve actually been trying this out recently with some alterations. It’s certainly a chill way to work out and you get massive volume in. Easy to stay compliant with it.

Couple questions;

1. When you’re doing 10 sets, do you go near failure on each set or do you do straight sets going from trivially easy on the first to failure on the last?
2. Do you trap your feet for sit ups? They seem impossible otherwise just due to the geometry of it when you’ve a big upper body.
3. How long does the DOMS last and do you get secondary muscle as well as primary DOMS (for example, sore upper chest from OHP)? This number of sets gives me hella DOMS.

1) past the first 3-4 sets everything is to near failure, I often lose reps during the work out, and my goal is to complete 10 sets with the same amount of reps.

2) I don't trap my feet.

3) I primarily get doms in my secondary and tertiary muscles, rather than the primary muscles, ironically, i.e serratus doms from overhead press, and forearms/arm doms from t-bar rows.

• +1
Reactions: Jase and Deleted member 33424

View attachment 2372638

my core routine is:

• 50 bicycle crunches.
  • 70 second plank.
  • 80 mountain climbers
  • -short pause-
  • 30 raised knee situps
  • 20 jack knife situps
  • repeat 3 times.
holy shit mate, u went from an average physique to a total mogger one, mirin how little you do daily btw, your genetics are top tier

Last edited:
  • +1
mirin how little the you do daily btw
it still takes over an hour to do 10+ sets even if I rush the work out, but it's usually spread over several while I cook and vacuum.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and Jase
it still takes over an hour to do 10+ sets even if I rush the work out, but it's usually spread over several while I cook and vacuum.
how's your aerobic health, I feel like if I ate this amount of carbs I'd be bloated, have some fibrillation and high e but maybe im genelet

• Hmm...
oh, that manes sense when u mentioned that u prefer to repeat things a lot to be great at one thing than mediocre at various ones, btw how did u keep the stimulus at a high rate doing the same exact exercises? because some professionals say that u should vary exercises to make a different stimulus to the muscle

muscle meat*. organs are really rich in antioxidants and vitamins, like liver

how's your aerobic health, I feel like if I ate this amount of carbs I'd be bloated, have some fibrillation and high e but maybe im genelet
probably high, it's correlated with glucose levels and I still score within the healthy range for a sober person two hours after eating.
20230710 163045

my blood pressure is low normal too.
20230717 185942

muscle meat*. organs are really rich in antioxidants and vitamins, like liver
correct but no one's eating organs, at most they're having some liverwurst which contains almost no liver.

• +1
Reactions: Jase and Deleted member 33424

Arborist what do you think of low volume high intensity training ?​

don't forget to take pictures in the most angle frauding way

Arborist what do you think of low volume high intensity training ?​

probably works.
don't forget to take pictures in the most angle frauding way
every good picture is a result of angles and light, crying that others are 'frauding' is a desperate attempt at coping that you're bad at taking photos.

• +1
Reactions: aber, Harry from mogwarts and Jase
U obviously have a good frame, but when you show us before and after pictures and you fraud the fuck out of the after one whats the point. Would be more honest to take pictures in the same manner.

View attachment 2372654View attachment 2372655View attachment 2372658View attachment 2372659View attachment 2372661View attachment 2372662View attachment 2372664View attachment 2372665

What are your best source of carbs tbh?

Aside from grains though, as I eat raw meat and avoid practically all vegetables, grains, and plant based foods aside from fruits, I still want a way to integrate carbs for training.

What are your best source of carbs tbh?

Aside from grains though, as I eat raw meat and avoid practically all vegetables, grains, and plant based foods aside from fruits, I still want a way to integrate carbs for training.
I prefer fruits over anything else, even if they're considered fast carbs.

I eat a lot of frozen fruit especially while cutting.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Jase and chaddyboi66
I prefer fruits over anything else, even if they're considered fast carbs.

I eat a lot of frozen fruit especially while cutting.
My main concern was not getting enough carbs to recover properly tbh.

Do you think fruits alone would cover any carb related nutritional needs for high intensity training?

If so I'll probably just stick with fruits like I've been doing so far ngl.

My main concern was not getting enough carbs to recover properly tbh.

Do you think fruits alone would cover any carb related nutritional needs for high intensity training?

If so I'll probably just stick with fruits like I've been doing so far ngl.
there's honestly probably nothing better for recovery than fruit, considering antioxidants reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.

20230410 221119

frozen blueberries are super cheap too, they're not particularly high in carbs though.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Jase and chaddyboi66
there's honestly probably nothing better for recovery than fruit, considering antioxidants reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.

View attachment 2372922

frozen blueberries are super cheap too, they're not particularly high in carbs though.
Thanks, you saved a bit of trouble and I was stuck on this for a while tbh, since grains are most people's usual go-to method for carb intake but they're a solid no-go for me.

I was trying to decide if I should just increase my dairy intake to try make up for the potential loss in carbs from grains, or even supplementing legumes and honey too, but I'll just with fruit tbh.

Thanks, you saved a bit of trouble and I was stuck on this for a while tbh, since grains are most people's usual go-to method for carb intake but they're a solid no-go for me.

I was trying to decide if I should just increase my dairy intake to try make up for the potential loss in carbs from grains, or even supplementing legumes and honey too, but I'll just with fruit tbh.
fruit combines well with quark, which is low in calories and high in protein, you'll need some spices to make it palatable though such as cinnamon, but honey works well too.

grains are overrated in my opinion, they're only good for volume so you don't feel hungry.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, Jase, Pollorex and 1 other person

So glad you’re not one of those restrictive diet shillers like the carnivoretards that have invaded here. Focusing on whole sources of food and protein is the way to go

• +1
Reactions: boss8055

Chores + workout is an excellent combination, both are unpleasant so you’re always happy to stop one and go back to the other.

do you change your training depending on if you’re cutting or bulking or just do this same routine regardless?

• +1
Reactions: Loveland
Chores + workout is an excellent combination, both are unpleasant so you’re always happy to stop one and go back to the other.

do you change your training depending on if you’re cutting or bulking or just do this same routine regardless?
same routine regardless, my reps tend to drop throughout the cut, I try to maintain the same weight though.

• +1
Reactions: Jase
Is this fake? Like you are trying to make fun of the new users that just joined or is this real and your actually trying to be helpful to those trying to grow their frame?

Is this fake? Like you are trying to make fun of the new users that just joined or is this real and your actually trying to be helpful to those trying to grow their frame?
I've been posting my progress/routine for like a year here, it's always been more or less the same with some adjustments, this is literally what I do.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, Jase and Arditi
No one cares you’re the biggest fake natty on this site fo

• +1
Reactions: SomaliMax and m0ss26
Hate to ask, but what abt legs?

completely missed that mb lmao
I used to only do deadlifts for legs so I have pretty good calves and glutes but my quads are rather lackluster, I can still fit in slim jeans though, something a lot of people with larger legs can't.

20230724 082122 1

• +1
Reactions: Jase, Arditi and Zobox