Any thoughts on the designs for my custom cheek/infraorbital and wrap-around jaw implants?

O

OA1125

Iron
I'm getting custom implants at the end of August with Dr. Phillip Miller in NYC. I just got the implant designs today, and I took they did a really good job at addressing the assymetries in my face, but I wanted to get any opinions or suggestions on any edits that should be made. I attached photoshopped pictures of how I would want my results to look like. I am trying to avoid a fake or uncanny valley look.

@RealSurgerymax

Attachments

• 4158706_4157088_20240525_2333322.jpg
    4158706_4157088_20240525_2333322.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212745_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212745_Drive.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212734_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212734_Drive.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212706_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212706_Drive.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212648_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212648_Drive.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212626_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212626_Drive.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240712_212615_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712_212615_Drive.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 4158710_4157090_20240525_2335161.jpg
    4158710_4157090_20240525_2335161.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4158708_4157089_20240525_2334361.jpg
    4158708_4157089_20240525_2334361.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm getting custom implants at the end of August with Dr. Phillip Miller in NYC. I just got the implant designs today, and I took they did a really good job at addressing the assymetries in my face, but I wanted to get any opinions or suggestions on any edits that should be made. I attached photoshopped pictures of how I would want my results to look like. I am trying to avoid a fake or uncanny valley look.

@RealSurgerymax
I don’t help at all if not coming to me

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • WTF
Reactions: baku9, optimisticzoomer, HerpDerpson and 3 others
I don’t help at all if not coming to me
Oh okay. I was not sure who you were exactly. I've just seen you tagged a lot. Are you a surgeon yourself or a designer? How much do you charge for advice?

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter
  • +1
Reactions: Aero, PrinceofDarkness, got.daim and 1 other person
Your soft tissue distribution will likely mean you just end up with a more bloated rounded looking face from the frontal view. It's rare to see a face like yours get good frontal results. Side profile will improve though for sure.

Can't you tell by yourself from the side profile morph that you actually need double jaw surgery?

The infras seem reasonable though.

• +1
Reactions: rgl666
yea you need bimax retard, when are you gonna stop coping with these implants?

Your soft tissue distribution will likely mean you just end up with a more bloated rounded looking face from the frontal view. It's rare to see a face like yours get good frontal results. Side profile will improve though for sure.
Is that why the measurements are so conservative? Would it be stupid to ask to make the jaw wider or more angular?

I agree with what others said, you should get bimax + genio to fix your lower third. You could combine it with jaw angle implants for a better result than with implants alone. Infras are fine.

Your nose is somewhat assymetrical from the front, have you considered getting a rhinoplasty? You could get it done at the same time as bimax.

Also, you need to lose some weight.

Last edited:
I agree with what others said, you should get bimax + genio to fix your lower third. You could combine it with jaw angle implants for a better result than with implants alone. Infras are fine.

Your nose is somewhat assymetrical from the front, have you considered getting a rhinoplasty? You could get it done at the same time as bimax.

Also, you need to lose some weight.
I already consulted for bimax, and every surgeon I saw said it would be a stupid idea since my airways are fine, my bite is fine, and it would all be out of pocket (I'm in NY, so the cost estimates were $65k-$80k). Plus, I wouldn't be able to take the time off for the long-ass recovery. I'm just trying to what I can to improve

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
I already consulted for bimax, and every surgeon I saw said it would be a stupid idea since my airways are fine, my bite is fine, and it would all be out of pocket (I'm in NY, so the cost estimates were $65k-$80k). Plus, I wouldn't be able to take the time off for the long-ass recovery. I'm just trying to what I can to improve
You can get trimax from top European surgeons for 30k, and recovery is not that long, after a month you should be able to work just fine, even if there's still swelling. You're a student so you should have long holidays, no?

In my opinion, getting jaw implants at this stage is a very suboptimal decision in your case.

Last edited:
You can get trimax from top European surgeons for 30k, and recovery is not that long, after a month you should be able to work just fine, even if there's still swelling. You're a student so you should have long holidays, no?
I'm a medical student, so I wouldn't be able to take off that long to travel to Europe ☠️

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness and greycel
I’ve consulted with Miller before, as I’m a New York guy too, and I didn’t come away with a good impression that he knows what he is doing when it comes to implants. He comes across as cocky, dismissive of various concerns, and honestly, doesn’t have a lot of experience at doing them. He’s mainly good at the nose. I think the computer imaging his assistant, not him, does is quite exaggerated. Your facial already has good width, but I think those measurements will surely make it wider but not necessarily more angular from the front. The jaw implant should definitely improve the side and 45 degree profiles, but may come at the expense a more bloated front. This is how a lot of implants tend to look unfortunately. Also, I know he uses silicone. This is an example of his actual work. Notice how while the side looks better, he made the guy’s face bloated, and considerably worse from the front. Continue with him if you want, but just be cognizant of the risks.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ascenscionisnear
I’ve consulted with Miller before, as I’m a New York guy too, and I didn’t come away with a good impression that he knows what he is doing when it comes to implants. He comes across as cocky, dismissive of various concerns, and honestly, doesn’t have a lot of experience at doing them. He’s mainly good at the nose. I think the computer imaging his assistant, not him, does is quite exaggerated. Your facial already has good width, but I think those measurements will surely make it wider but not necessarily more angular from the front. The jaw implant should definitely improve the side and 45 degree profiles, but may come at the expense a more bloated front. This is how a lot of implants tend to look unfortunately. Also, I know he uses silicone. This is an example of his actual work. Notice how while the side looks better, he made the guy’s face bloated, and considerably worse from the front. Continue with him if you want, but just be cognizant of the risks.
I appreciate the feedback. I agree that he may not be as experienced as someone like Eppley, but I consulted with Eppley too, and I think his mock-ups were uncanny and made me look fake. The pictur s that I showed of the expected before and afters were made by me, not his assistant. His assistant made a much more conservative prediction which I modified later on. I definitely do not want to look more bloated as I want to make my face more angular. Are their any suggestions on how I could make the implants more angular and prevent them from making my face look bloated?

update me after surgery please
I definitely will make a post after it's done! I just need suggestions since I don't know too much about how to make the implants make my jaw more angular

The implants correct for assymmetries, but I'm scared af that they won't add any definition and will just make my face look bloated since I have thick soft tissue. Eppley states that he exaggerates his implant designs to compensate for thicker soft tissue. I also have a short chin, and I feel like only making it 3mm taller is not enough. Should I ask him to increase it to 5mm? I also feel like the 5mm of projection in the cheeks is not enough. Should I ask him to increase it to 6.5? Any suggestions on what design changes I should make?

• +1
Reactions: 50konsurgeryat35, Aero, optimisticzoomer and 1 other person
Oh okay. I was not sure who you were exactly. I've just seen you tagged a lot. Are you a surgeon yourself or a designer? How much do you charge for advice?
he's a cad designer not a medical doctor or clinician in any form.
Are you a med student in the usa? I'm gonna be applying too, studying for the mcats rn

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
You can go elsewhere than NY you know.

I had my jaw wraparound removed because it just made me more bloated, it was a small implant like yours. It was also done by Eppley and the end result was not anywhere close to the estimation pics he made.

• +1
Reactions: crystalcastles555
You can go elsewhere than NY you know.

I had my jaw wraparound removed because it just made me more bloated, it was a small implant like yours. It was also done by Eppley and the end result was not anywhere close to the estimation pics he made.
I don't have the time for the recovery proccess atm. Interesting. How long ago did you get the implant with Eppley? Did he exaggerate the angles like he usually does? Do you have before and afters just so I can see?

Last edited:
I don't have the time for the recovery proccess atm. Interesting. How long ago did you get the implant with Eppley? Did he exaggerate the angles like he usually does? Do you have before and afters just so I can see?
You should seriously consider doing this when you got time to go through that recovery process then. Opting for a suboptimal solution by getting an implant slapped on is poor decision making, you'll probably end up hating it and get it removed anyways, take it for someone who went through that exact same process.

No, the implant was very small, he even shaved a little bit off during the procedure, which in itself is a problem if he has to do, because you cannot get the same angularity if the surgeon has to shave it off, it basically completely destroys the angles if he has to do that.

I have thick skin in the jaw region as well, essentially it just made me a more bloated version of myself. I also had body dysmorphia and I didn't really need an implant at all. I just wanted to "enhance" jaw because of skewed body image.

Is that why the measurements are so conservative? Would it be stupid to ask to make the jaw wider or more angular?
In a nutshell I doubt any jaw implant will give you the angular look you're seeking.

I've never seen a good jaw implant result on a face like yours.

Btw you've also picked a trash surgeon. I just took a look at his before/afters and can see one half decent result and the rest look not even worth it (frontal view).

In a nutshell I doubt any jaw implant will give you the angular look you're seeking.

I've never seen a good jaw implant result on a face like yours.

Btw you've also picked a trash surgeon. I just took a look at his before/afters and can see one half decent result and the rest look not even worth it (frontal view).
Damn, so I guess there's no way to get an angular jaw... Should I at least go with it to fix the assymetry? I understand he's not known for implants, but that's is why I am taking it upon myself to alter the design as his only real job is to put them in my face. Do you mind sending me pictures just so I can see?

Last edited:
I really like this guy's results and I feel we have a similar starting point. Is this achievable for me?

Attachments

• ctpatient1.jpg
    ctpatient1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 0
Respectfully, your eye for aesthetics is poor.

His starting point isn't anything like yours. Frontally he has a whole different face shape with a narrow jaw.

And it doesn't make sense you want to achieve the same after result. Look how high up his jaw is at the back? It's already higher up than yours is now. There's no way an implant on top of your existing jaw will make your jaw look like that; it would either lower the jaw or keep it roughly where it is.

Respectfully, your eye for aesthetics is poor.

His starting point isn't anything like yours. Frontally he has a whole different face shape with a narrow jaw.

And it doesn't make sense you want to achieve the same after result. Look how high up his jaw is at the back? It's already higher up than yours is now. There's no way an implant on top of your existing jaw will make your jaw look like that; it would either lower the jaw or keep it roughly where it is.
I don't want the same exact after result. I'm referring to the front to be more specific. He has a small chin like mine which is made taller. The implant corrects for his assymetries, and it makes his jaw wider, andgular, and more aesthetically pleasing. I understand that my jaw is naturally wider than his, but we both have thick soft tissue

This is what I look like right now. As long as I look better and not worse, I'll be happy. Also, the implant design pic with the measurements is off centered from my teeth. Are my teeth just crooked, or did they do a bad job designing the implant?

Attachments

• 20240714_192423.jpg
    20240714_192423.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240714_192425.jpg
    20240714_192425.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240714_192503.jpg
    20240714_192503.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240714_192512.jpg
    20240714_192512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240714_192515.jpg
    20240714_192515.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
if ur a us med student this'll be the first I've seen a dude on here talk about it.

Dude gotta be lebanese

I am an MD student going into my first year in August. I'm Jordanian/Palestinian
an MD program in nyc or jersey?

Is this the same surgeon you've been talking to?

Last edited:
I'd rather not say where for privacy reasons. I do live in NY tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back