Any tips for sleeping when you dont want to?

C

chasingaesthetics

Silver
Scrolling on your phone releases dopamine hence why we are addicted to just staying up for hours, I know I need to sleep and when I do I feel insane the next day but I dont actually WANT to switch off my phone and just lay there and try to sleep its so weird, tried sleepers but you need to make an effort w them such as zopiclone

• +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK
Pop some adderall

• +1
Reactions: Dystopian
it's not possible unless you pop pills

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
yo you reminded me to take sleeping pills

just lay there and wait, preferrably when it's pitch dark and with no sound

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Scrolling on your phone releases dopamine hence why we are addicted to just staying up for hours, I know I need to sleep and when I do I feel insane the next day but I dont actually WANT to switch off my phone and just lay there and try to sleep its so weird, tried sleepers but you need to make an effort w them such as zopiclone
You have a few options: Drugs, lifestyle, and comfortmaxxing.

Drugs:
Drugs fall into two categories: Over the counter and prescription. Over the counter drugs for inducing sleep are primarily anticholinergics and melatonin. Anticholinergics will usually make one very tired, but they cause one to feel like shit the next day. They are practically the opposite of nootropics and will make you feel sluggish and unalert even after waking up.
Melatonin works, but is very weak. It won't force you to fall asleep or force you to fight it to stay awake. It's only really useful for those with mild problems going to sleep. Prescription sleep drugs are often effective at causing sleep, but one usually has to not fight the effects for them to work. Most sleep drugs are gaba receptor agonists. Gabaergic sleep drugs are pretty effective short term, but can be habit forming and can cause grogginess the next day. There are a few other classes of prescription sleep drugs out there as well, with varying degrees of effectiveness.
With a few exceptions, sleep drugs are a very temporary and unhealthy means of inducing sleep, and should not be relied upon long term.

Lifestyle:
How you go about your day can greatly impact how well you sleep. Expending a lot of energy throughout the day can cause one's body to force itself into feeling very tired. There are many ways to go about this, but it's pretty self explanatory. Run, bike, lift heavy weights, etc. How you eat will also effect your sleep. Do not eat right before bed as this will increase your core body temperature and reduce sleep quality. Another diet trick for helping with sleep is avoiding carbs during the later half of the day. This can cause a blood sugar crash which may induce tiredness. Avoid electronics usage an hour before bed. At the very least, apply a blue light filter to your phone/computer screen.

Comfortmaxxing: Self explanatory, and should be done in combination with one of the other two options. Make sure your bed is of high quality and suits you comfort wise. Same goes for sheets, blankets, pillows, etc. Try to sleep in a cooler environment. Cooler temperatures will increase energy expenditure due to the body requiring a higher production of body heat, and encourage one to "snuggle up". Try to have your sheets thoroughly tucked in, as they will "hold you down" and help prevent restlessness. Heavier blankets can also help (as long as it's combined with a cool environment), as they will require more energy to move within, encouraging one to be stationary.

• +1
Reactions: chasingaesthetics
just lay there and wait, preferrably when it's pitch dark and with no sound
Just lay there until the morning theory.

• JFL
Reactions: Tenshi
Drop your phone an hr and a half - two hours before your bedtime, takes some will but 100% success rate trust me

• +1
smoke some weed bro trust me, you'll go to bed like a baby boy

• +1
Reactions: Orbeck of Vinheim

You have a few options: Drugs, lifestyle, and comfortmaxxing.

Drugs:
Drugs fall into two categories: Over the counter and prescription. Over the counter drugs for inducing sleep are primarily anticholinergics and melatonin. Anticholinergics will usually make one very tired, but they cause one to feel like shit the next day. They are practically the opposite of nootropics and will make you feel sluggish and unalert even after waking up.
Melatonin works, but is very weak. It won't force you to fall asleep or force you to fight it to stay awake. It's only really useful for those with mild problems going to sleep. Prescription sleep drugs are often effective at causing sleep, but one usually has to not fight the effects for them to work. Most sleep drugs are gaba receptor agonists. Gabaergic sleep drugs are pretty effective short term, but can be habit forming and can cause grogginess the next day. There are a few other classes of prescription sleep drugs out there as well, with varying degrees of effectiveness.
With a few exceptions, sleep drugs are a very temporary and unhealthy means of inducing sleep, and should not be relied upon long term.

Lifestyle:
How you go about your day can greatly impact how well you sleep. Expending a lot of energy throughout the day can cause one's body to force itself into feeling very tired. There are many ways to go about this, but it's pretty self explanatory. Run, bike, lift heavy weights, etc. How you eat will also effect your sleep. Do not eat right before bed as this will increase your core body temperature and reduce sleep quality. Another diet trick for helping with sleep is avoiding carbs during the later half of the day. This can cause a blood sugar crash which may induce tiredness. Avoid electronics usage an hour before bed. At the very least, apply a blue light filter to your phone/computer screen.

Comfortmaxxing: Self explanatory, and should be done in combination with one of the other two options. Make sure your bed is of high quality and suits you comfort wise. Same goes for sheets, blankets, pillows, etc. Try to sleep in a cooler environment. Cooler temperatures will increase energy expenditure due to the body requiring a higher production of body heat, and encourage one to "snuggle up". Try to have your sheets thoroughly tucked in, as they will "hold you down" and help prevent restlessness. Heavier blankets can also help (as long as it's combined with a cool environment), as they will require more energy to move within, encouraging one to be stationary.

will read this later, appreciate the effort bro

• +1
Reactions: Orbeck of Vinheim
lol you post mog me I remember when you wrote on my profile we were almost the same, finally not a greycel :love::love: bluecel club:cool::chad:

• JFL
Reactions: playboicarti
lol you post mog me I remember when you wrote on my profile we were almost the same, finally not a greycel :love::love: bluecel club:cool::chad:
brutal got 500 posts and still greycel its over

• JFL
Reactions: playboicarti
Get out of your bed and do something else. Only go back when you're really ready to sleep

what did i write on your profile, i remember shitposting on new members profiles

• +1
Reactions: brucel
I have same issue, I will literally randomly fuck my whole week by staying until 7AM scrolling phone for no reason

Only thing that works is stopping all overhead lights since 8PM like a religious monk + just lay in bed 30-60min before reading or listening a podcast without anything that emits light anywhere near you no matter what. Overhead lights and bright screens can deplete melatonin by 99% in less than 5 seconds, brutal light pill.

You are retarded and will pick up your phone and fuck the plan as always anyway. Its a mental dissability :lul::lul::lul::lul:

• +1
what did i write on your profile, i remember shitposting on new members profiles
Screenshot 2022 07 12 23 06 58 49 ad2bc7c83f1d6a590a486858dda5f183

I thought of writing something racist but didnt I then reuploaded my similar comment , also bluecel gang confirmed :chad:

50mg benadryl but not everyday only once in a while