Anyone get bad sides from oral minox?

N1666

N1666

Kraken
Yesterday I made the mistake of taking 5mg in one go, which fucked up my body. My heart was racing, my left arm was in a weird pain and I had a pressure on my chest. Today the pain has gone and my breathing is still a bit weird.

Has anyone else experienced similar or worse sides from minox? I'm not sure if it is worth it to dose at 2.5mg a day instead of 5 now, the heart isn't something to play with but everything else for hair growth is cope.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: latincell95 and Mr. President
Yesterday I made the mistake of taking 5mg in one go, which fucked up my body. My heart was racing, my left arm was in a weird pain and I had a pressure on my chest. Today the pain has gone and my breathing is still a bit weird.

Has anyone else experienced similar or worse sides from minox? I'm not sure if it is worth it to dose at 2.5mg a day instead of 5 now, the heart isn't something to play with but everything else for hair growth is cope.
ive been taking it for 4 years and haven't really noticed any sides but people do report water retention and hollow undereyes getting worse or something

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and N1666
ive been taking it for 4 years and haven't really noticed any sides but people do report water retention and hollow undereyes getting worse or something
Did you notice anything different when you first started? I assumed the sides were from my body adjusting to something new in the system.

• +1
Reactions: gooner23
Did you notice anything different when you first started? I assumed the sides were from my body adjusting to something new in the system.
no i went 3 years on topical to 1 year oral didn't notice the switch, and i probably take less overall systemic than topical, i do have a resting heart rate of 80-90 rn tho

• +1
Reactions: N1666
I almost died when I used oral minox. Now I'm used to it.

• JFL
split the dose into morning and night so it doesn’t hit your heart all at once

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070 and N1666
Taking too much causes blood pressure issues.

In general it'll give you hollow under eyes and disrupt collagen synthesis

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie and N1666
split the dose into morning and night so it doesn’t hit your heart all at once
Yeah that's what I was doing before and I didn't experience sides, just on that day I was being an idiot and didn't realise it would be harmful. It feels like I've done irreversible damage to my heart

Hypertensive dosages for the drug start at 10mg. You took half of that. It’s a very powerful drug though. I would take 2.5mg instead of 5. Maybe use 2.5mg every other day and ease into it daily to see if your symptoms get better, although cardiac side effects aren’t to be taken lightly and experimented with either. You could have pleural effusion (fluid build up around lungs) from the drug but…I don’t think so

• +1
Hypertensive dosages for the drug start at 10mg. You took half of that. It’s a very powerful drug though. I would take 2.5mg instead of 5. Maybe use 2.5mg every other day and ease into it daily to see if your symptoms get better, although cardiac side effects aren’t to be taken lightly and experimented with either. You could have pleural effusion (fluid build up around lungs) from the drug but…I don’t think so
I've only been taking it for couple of days, which is why I think it is because I took too much at once. People do experience an elevated heart rate or even palpitations when using oral minox, but the fact I had pain in my left arm was a warning sign that maybe it was something more.

I'll start with 2.5 or 1.25 every other day and hope it isn't going to fuck up my heart, if I don't make an update thread in a week assume I've died from heart failure :hnghn:

I've only been taking it for couple of days, which is why I think it is because I took too much at once. People do experience an elevated heart rate or even palpitations when using oral minox, but the fact I had pain in my left arm was a warning sign that maybe it was something more.

I'll start with 2.5 or 1.25 every other day and hope it isn't going to fuck up my heart, if I don't make an update thread in a week assume I've died from heart failure :hnghn:
I think you should just stop taking it. To play around with this drug when considering the side effects you’ve had just a few days into it would be very stupid imo.

Why not stick to finasteride and topical minoxidil?

• +1

I felt those sides for a bit but they subside, the bloat is a problem tho, very hard to get rid of it

I felt those sides for a bit but they subside, the bloat is a problem tho, very hard to get rid of it
You would have to take a supplementary diuretic but at this point you’re emulating a regimen that a patient with heart failure has—and for what? To save your hair LOL

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: N1666 and Mr. President
You would have to take a supplementary diuretic but at this point you’re emulating a regimen that a patient with heart failure had and for what? To save your hair LOL
nah it improves my eyelashes and eyebrows and with proper dermapenning its lowering the hairline. all well worth it for me

• +1
I think you should just stop taking it. To play around with this drug when considering the side effects you’ve had just a few days into it would be very stupid imo.

Why not stick to finasteride and topical minoxidil?
Because I also want eyelash growth too, it is the last softmax I need to do that'll halo my eye area. Sounds faggoty but it does help. Topical minox is also annoying to apply everyday and I can't apply directly to my eyelashes either.

I do see people who apply topical minox to their eyebrows also gain eyelash growth without applying it directly. Id have to do more looking into it but yeah it isn't really worth taking oral minox anymore if it's going to cause such problems.

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_ and Mr. President
You would have to take a supplementary diuretic but at this point you’re emulating a regimen that a patient with heart failure had and for what? To save your hair LOL
The eyelashes and eyebrow thickness are really doing good work for me

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Eternal_ and latincell95

I haven’t really noticed any side effects, but I take the topical version.

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070 and latincell95
Because I also want eyelash growth too, it is the last softmax I need to do that'll halo my eye area. Sounds faggoty but it does help. Topical minox is also annoying to apply everyday and I can't apply directly to my eyelashes either.

I do see people who apply topical minox to their eyebrows also gain eyelash growth without applying it directly. Id have to do more looking into it but yeah it isn't really worth taking oral minox anymore if it's going to cause such problems.
You guys need to really start weighing the pros and cons of what you’re doing. Putting your heart on the line for eyelashes is really something incredible to be reading LOL

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95 and N1666
You guys need to really start weighing the pros and cons of what you’re doing. Putting your heart on the line for eyelashes is really something incredible to be reading LOL
Im only doing 5mgs for a little bit then imma go down to 1mg daily. want the vellus hairs to be strong

I have hair growing everywhere (even on my forehead and around my eyes). But no physical pain or shit.

Worth it tho, cuz eyelash gains :feelswhy:

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Eternal_, latincell95 and N1666
you wont see any sides with topical except skin stuff
Yes I use topical for facial hair growth and it is horrible. Doesn’t work very well and dries the hell out of my skin. I don’t have as much sulfotransferase as others so topical sucks for me

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95
I got 99 problems and ‘lashes ain’t one

Yes now reading it back to myself it is pretty stupid. It's a shame oral minox had this effect, idk what else has a similar efficiency for hair growth especially for eyelashes.

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
Yes I use topical for facial hair growth and it is horrible. Doesn’t work very well and dries the hell out of my skin. I don’t have as much sulfotransferase as others so topical sucks for me
You have to take it orally JFL.

• +1
do a small dose of oral, its a lot easier to administer to

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_ and latincell95
Yes now reading it back to myself it is pretty stupid. It's a shame oral minox had this effect, idk what else has a similar efficiency for hair growth especially for eyelashes.
I believe Latisse is an option.

• +1
I have hair growing everywhere (even on my forehead and around my eyes). But no physical pain or shit.

Worth it tho, cuz eyelash gains :feelswhy:
I was only hoping for that side effect and nothing else, at least you get to use oral minox for its advantages.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
I believe Latisse is an option.
That also has it's disadvantages, like burning fat pads around the eye area and how expensive it is. It is a better disadvantage to impacting the heart though. I'm going to use castor oil for a few months and see if I get good results, if not I'll try minox again

• +1
IMG 3750

Laugh now cry later

• JFL
Reactions: N1666 and Eternal_
I was only hoping for that side effect and nothing else, at least you get to use oral minox for its advantages.
If you really would like to isolate the problem, stop until all symptoms subside and restart at 2.5mg every other day. If you don’t have symptoms after a few weeks, start taking 2.5mg every day. If 2.5mg EOD starts giving you symptoms, don’t take oral minoxidil at all and stop taking it permanently

• +1
Yeah. I also did it for eyelashes ( +eyebrows).

Pro's: I got thicker eyelashes and eyebrows + thicker hair (despite not having any prior issues in that department, but still a +)

Con's: I have hair everywhere (my back looks like wolverine. And I got a beard that I probably wouldn't have had for another 2 or 3 years without minox).

Also slight collagen loss ☠️

Overall I'd say it's worth it, but only if you also do it for eyebrows. If you only want thicker eyelashes I'd stay away tbh.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: latincell95 and N1666
percardial effusion/fluid build up in the heart is not something that happens overnight btw you would need to be taking high doses for a long time, just lower the dose the next few days and you’ll be aight

• Woah
I thought Minox was for eyebrows and lashes

• +1
None

• +1