Do not eat tuna

Azonin

Azonin

6'7 white billionaire
A lot of people who eat tuna don't know that it is high as fuck in an element called mercury which has been shown to cause a lot of health disservice, especially cognitive functioning and serious physical health. here are some of the reasons:
  1. Neurotoxicity: Mercury can damage the nervous system, particularly in developing fetuses and young children. It can impair cognitive function, memory, attention, and motor skills. Prenatal exposure to mercury can result in developmental delays, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems.

2. Cardiovascular Effects: Mercury exposure has been associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases, including heart attacks, high blood pressure, and coronary artery disease. It can interfere with the function of the heart and blood vessels, leading to cardiovascular dysfunction.

3. Kidney Damage: Mercury is known to accumulate in the kidneys and can cause damage to renal tissues. Chronic exposure to mercury can lead to kidney dysfunction, including impaired filtration and excretion of waste products.

4. Gastrointestinal Effects: Ingesting mercury can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. These symptoms may occur shortly after ingestion and can be accompanied by other systemic effects.

5.Respiratory Effects: Inhalation of mercury vapor, which can occur when mercury-containing products are heated or when elemental mercury is released into the air, can irritate the respiratory tract and cause symptoms such as coughing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.

6. Reproductive Effects: Mercury exposure has been linked to reproductive health problems, including infertility, miscarriage, and birth defects. It can cross the placental barrier and affect fetal development, leading to adverse pregnancy outcomes.

Articles About the content and effects:

In addition, there is increasing evidence that mercury can also increase your risks of developing type 2 diabetes let alone cancer particularly methylmercury exposure through contaminated fish consumption, and don't mistake "contaminated" with "unclean" since removing mercury from fish is extremely difficult hence no one bothers to remove it as there is no demand for it in the market.

Obviously the mercury concentration in tuna (mg/Kg) varies on the type of tuna but some of the species that are known to be the highest in mercury include:
  1. Bigeye Tuna
  2. Bluefin Tuna
  3. Yellowfin Tuna
  4. Albacore Tuna (White Tuna)
  5. Longtail Tuna

This is very similar to the high fluoride problem which also has been shown to affect things like iq, or cognitive functioning in general if you are not a fan of iq.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: hattrick, HerpDerpson, Lefty Rankin and 3 others
everything in moderation

just eat all sorts of meats in varied amounts but yeah obviously the bodybuilders and gymcellers that eat tuna daily are retarded

• +1
Reactions: socialcel, AySab and incel194012940
everything in moderation

just eat all sorts of meats in varied amounts but yeah obviously the bodybuilders and gymcellers that eat tuna daily are retarded
Did you even read what I said? You can minimize intake by simply eating other species that may be higher in protein and lower in toxic chemicals, ffs.

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer
had to learn about this shit in an ocean science class i had to take. im pretty sure there is a giant ass list of seafood u shouldnt eat bc of mercury

• +1
Reactions: dragomaxxer
Did you even read what I said? You can minimize intake by simply eating other species that may be higher in protein and lower in toxic chemicals, ffs.

yes in a perfect world, but the benefits are marginal lmao. tuna is convenient due to cheap price and wide availability not to mention most of the people here arent even adults and just have to eat what they have at home. easier to tell mom to not make tuna as often or buy less than to tell her to buy a specific kind due to the chemical profiles in each of the ones she sees in the supermarket.

why put in so much effort into something that will have marginal benefits, you shouldnt eat it often regardless so swaping it out is pointless.

1 million more things you could put that same effort into that would have greater benefits

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
had to learn about this shit in an ocean science class i had to take. im pretty sure there is a giant ass list of seafood u shouldnt eat bc of mercury

most seafood is high in mercury tbh, its so overexxagherated though

the regular person wouldnt ever have to worry about this realistically

or you can just completely cut any of this out by just going full carnivore :unsure:

A lot of people who eat tuna don't know that it is high as fuck in an element called mercury which has been shown to cause a lot of health disservice, especially cognitive functioning and serious physical health. here are some of the reasons:
  1. Neurotoxicity: Mercury can damage the nervous system, particularly in developing fetuses and young children. It can impair cognitive function, memory, attention, and motor skills. Prenatal exposure to mercury can result in developmental delays, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems.

2. Cardiovascular Effects: Mercury exposure has been associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases, including heart attacks, high blood pressure, and coronary artery disease. It can interfere with the function of the heart and blood vessels, leading to cardiovascular dysfunction.

3. Kidney Damage: Mercury is known to accumulate in the kidneys and can cause damage to renal tissues. Chronic exposure to mercury can lead to kidney dysfunction, including impaired filtration and excretion of waste products.

4. Gastrointestinal Effects: Ingesting mercury can cause gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. These symptoms may occur shortly after ingestion and can be accompanied by other systemic effects.

5.Respiratory Effects: Inhalation of mercury vapor, which can occur when mercury-containing products are heated or when elemental mercury is released into the air, can irritate the respiratory tract and cause symptoms such as coughing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.

6. Reproductive Effects: Mercury exposure has been linked to reproductive health problems, including infertility, miscarriage, and birth defects. It can cross the placental barrier and affect fetal development, leading to adverse pregnancy outcomes.

View attachment 2841400

In addition, there is increasing evidence that mercury can also increase your risks of developing type 2 diabetes let alone cancer particularly methylmercury exposure through contaminated fish consumption, and don't mistake "contaminated" with "unclean" since removing mercury from fish is extremely difficult hence no one bothers to remove it as there is no demand for it in the market.

Obviously the mercury concentration in tuna (mg/Kg) varies on the type of tuna but some of the species that are known to be the highest in mercury include:
  1. Bigeye Tuna
  2. Bluefin Tuna
  3. Yellowfin Tuna
  5. Longtail Tuna

This is very similar to the high fluoride problem which also has been shown to affect things like iq, or cognitive functioning in general if you are not a fan of iq.
jews GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Jeww
most seafood is high in mercury tbh, its so overexxagherated though

the regular person wouldnt ever have to worry about this realistically

or you can just completely cut any of this out by just going full carnivore :unsure:
There are no benefits to eating seafood just eat chicken beef pork should be fine, you don't have to worry about anything with those.

everything in moderation

yea, like with swordfish 1x a week
tuna melt with tomato soup taste so good not everything is muh optimal protein ratios

yea, like with swordfish 1x a week

tuna melt with tomato soup taste so good not everything is muh optimal protein ratios
Shit then that's your problem I like my chicken wings and beef

View attachment 2841400

1. Bigeye Tuna
  2. Bluefin Tuna
  3. Yellowfin Tuna
  5. Longtail Tuna

Good thread. I thought it was gonna be some crackpot conspiracy theorist type shit but it's actually pretty. I don't really like tuna. Salmon is pretty good though.

Good thread. I thought it was gonna be some crackpot conspiracy theorist type shit but it's actually pretty. I don't really like tuna. Salmon is pretty good though.
If you like your fish sardines have the lowest level of mercury out of all fish.

• +1
Reactions: Lefty Rankin
Beef liver
Beef
Lamb shoulder
Eggs
Potatoes
Milk
Honey
Yoghurt
Salt and Pepper

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
If you like your fish sardines have the lowest level of mercury out of all fish.
It sucks. And to think that less than only 150 years ago fish had zero mercury in it. I love fish. Rainbow trout is my favorite.

• +1
Reactions: Azonin
Salmon and tilapia have low mercury levels and those are the ones I mainly eat

DNR i will continue eating 5 cans of tuna daily for these gains

Heavy metals are even in chocolate be careful

while u worry abt muh tuna, i pin myself in the ass, eat tuna and make more gains than u

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070 and <6PSLcel
  • +1
Reactions: socialcel
while u worry abt muh tuna, i pin myself in the ass, eat tuna and make more gains than u
you could eat tuna just like 2x a week not more, but trout and salmon mogs anyway

• JFL
Reactions: socialcel
Well its also full of arsenic, not just mercury, its a mix of many heavy metals which will mess you up in the long run.

All of it is wrong, just like any nutrient, it's bound to a protein/fat molecule from the fish's tissue. It won't be harmful, as long as it's raw, at least.
Also any factory farmed animal have been vaccinated and all vaccines have mercury in them. So all your food has 1000x more mercury in it anyway (and it's not neutralized).
That's why this inane idea gets spread, people who propagate it eat their dolphin brain and shark bone marrow and laugh at the peasants who believe in it.

• +1
Reactions: jinnu
everything in moderation

Fuck off, if something is bad don't eat it. Acnecels especially know this. Muhh moderation kys

I eat skipjack Tuna twice a week. Apparently it has a lot lower levels of mercury than the types you listed.

Too much of a good thing is bad

Unfortunately they found them in some of the popular brands:
Consumer report, if you are so high iq why dont you test for it in the chocolate yourself?

why you post this when i just started eating tuna regularly

All propaganda .Its the same propaganda as meat causes cholesterol problems. Cant believe people here believe chicken injected with chemicals are better than fresh tuna. Ill keep eating my tuna
All of it is wrong, just like any nutrient, it's bound to a protein/fat molecule from the fish's tissue. It won't be harmful, as long as it's raw, at least.
Also any factory farmed animal have been vaccinated and all vaccines have mercury in them. So all your food has 1000x more mercury in it anyway (and it's not neutralized).
That's why this inane idea gets spread, people who propagate it eat their dolphin brain and shark bone marrow and laugh at the peasants who believe in it.