Are Asian cheekbones too big/round?

T

ThatBoneStructure

Gold
A lot of East Asians have cheekbones like these:

46a88e3269347b970f12a11201203194.jpg

5f7728db5c083e5568c96813f758ea2f.jpg

Are these types of cheekbones ideal, or too round?

Discuss.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Vidyacoper
@Vidyacoper Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper
A lot of East Asians have cheekbones like these:

46a88e3269347b970f12a11201203194.jpg

5f7728db5c083e5568c96813f758ea2f.jpg

Are these types of cheekbones ideal, or too round?

Discuss.
Being Asian is a death sentence stop coping and rope already chigga

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slob, Preoximerianas, Celexawer and 11 others
yeah ive noticed that too, unfortunately their cheekbones are rarely sharp, just overly round and large (both characteristics of feminine cheekbones) and can also make them look bloated
also their cheekbones can often be too wide as well, causing the asian "moonface"

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Slob, Preoximerianas, Mr.cope and 5 others
04332c7902781b0f32c4cd9edab7ac8c456e2184 full

• +1
Reactions: bruh3610, Somalipirate and Deleted member 6695
Yes

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Depends on overall harmony

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-04-17-42-11-002_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-04-17-42-11-002_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel
Curtain hair can help with that

• +1
Reactions: ThatBoneStructure
efe59993507ad2fbc52eddff0cbe4a9b.jpg

Johnny Depp has low Asian cheekbones and he's good looking, but I get your point.

yeah ive noticed that too, unfortunately their cheekbones are rarely sharp, just overly round and large (both characteristics of feminine cheekbones) and can also make them look bloated
also their cheekbones can often be too wide as well, causing the asian "moonface"
View attachment 537533

Moon face and wide cheekbones have almost nothing to do with each other. I'm pretty sure that moon face is mostly caused by maxillary retrusion. They wouldn't have moon face problems if they had forward maxillas.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Blackgymmax, Deleted member 1680 and 1 other person
Only good Asian cheekbones I've seen :
Kylie jenner bodyguard 1525713468
1e2621e068e9e299f87a6b40d7c6cc47

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 5180, Warlow and 3 others
LOL @ me not seeing your reply. I agree btw.

• +1
Reactions: Vidyacoper and thecel
they just look flat because asians are all so downward grown

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Copemaxxing and thecel
Are these guys downwardgrown though?
the second guy not so much, that's why his cheekbones look pretty good. they're more similar to yours if i remember correctly. the first guy is definitely a bit downward grown though, it's just harder to tell because his jaw is quite big.

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
Ugly af. Mongol cope

Ideal male cheekbones tbh
Dulatovi

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing
the second guy not so much, that's why his cheekbones look pretty good. they're more similar to yours if i remember correctly. the first guy is definitely a bit downward grown though, it's just harder to tell because his jaw is quite big.
The second guy's cheekbones are even rounder/fatter than the first guy's.

The second guy's cheekbones are even rounder/fatter than the first guy's.
you're talking about that mongolian dude, right? his midface is shorter than that of the first guy, and his cheekbones are more forward and also less flat.

you're talking about that mongolian dude, right? his midface is shorter than that of the first guy, and his cheekbones are more forward and also less flat.
True. I don't know how I feel about his cheekbones though. They're just so bulbous and cartoonesque.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Slob and ThatBoneStructure
What would you say is an example of ideal male cheekbones?
honestly just as big, wide, high and forward as possible. there's no perfect case here, everyone's cheekbones could use improvement.

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and Copemaxxing
honestly just as big, wide, high and forward as possible. there's no perfect case here, everyone's cheekbones could use improvement.
Cheek bones are literally the difference between chads and htn. But round cheekbones dont look good imo. Sharp>round

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
Bro just post some examples of cheekbones that you would consider to be top tier lol

Cheek bones are literally the difference between chads and htn. But round cheekbones dont look good imo. Sharp>round
the only things different cheekbones really vary in are the ones that i listed. size, width, height and forwardness (which is more of a rotation than forwardness, which correlates with the rotation of the maxilla). if cheekbones appear round or less sharp then it's mostly due to them being either not as forward (such as the first asian guy in the OP) or due to the cheekbones being low.

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax and Copemaxxing
the only things different cheekbones really vary in are the ones that i listed. size, width, height and forwardness (which is more of a rotation than forwardness, which correlates with the rotation of the maxilla). if cheekbones appear round or less sharp then it's mostly due to them being either not as forward (such as the first asian guy in the OP) or due to the cheekbones being low.
my rotation is good but my maxilla is kinda retruded. What does this mean? High cheekbones?

Bro just post some examples of cheekbones that you would consider to be top tier lol
the top tier is out of reach for almost everyone.
DDlw1xQXYAUAYPC

these are fantastic cheekbones when compared to the average but even they lack size, width and forwardness.

Acxcjnsu t

these cheekbones have a nice size and width but they could definitely be higher and also more forward.

trust me, perfectly developed cheekbones would look absolutely insane, nothing comparable to these two.

• +1
Reactions: Salience and ThatBoneStructure
my rotation is good but my maxilla is kinda retruded. What does this mean? High cheekbones?
not necessarily, the causes of the height of the cheekbones are kind of confusing. yours are probably decently wide though, right? and they should look pretty nice despite not being massive.

• +1
not necessarily, the causes of the height of the cheekbones are kind of confusing. yours are probably decently wide though, right? and they should look pretty nice despite not being massive.
Yes they are too wide I guess. Makes my jaw Looks narrow sometimes In sone angles

Yes they are too wide I guess. Makes my jaw Looks narrow sometimes In sone angles
then your jaw is the problem. is your upper palate wider than your lower palate or something?

• +1
then your jaw is the problem. is your upper palate wider than your lower palate or something?
No they are both about 50mm. My ortho even told me my jaw is very big that all wisdom tooth can stay

maybe your jaw is fine tbh

This is a pic I toon a while ago with lightning frauding so my cheekbones become visible. How do they look? Describe them

Last edited:
View attachment 539104 This is a pic I toon a while ago with lightning frauding so my cheekbones become visible. How do they look? Describe them
they seem decent in all categories, no matter if you're frauding or not. they're wide, high, forward and somewhat big

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
you should become a tiktok slayer tbh
I made tiktok some months ago and gained like 8k followers(Some people grom .me discord already know it) but I stopped I cant make so many videos cause I cant smile in them And I am scared of some faggot I know finds my tiktok. And the videos where hard frauded tbh ngl

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
the top tier is out of reach for almost everyone.
View attachment 539077

these are fantastic cheekbones when compared to the average but even they lack size, width and forwardness.

View attachment 539083

these cheekbones have a nice size and width but they could definitely be higher and also more forward.

trust me, perfectly developed cheekbones would look absolutely insane, nothing comparable to these two.
This is the asians guys side view what you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-092918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-092918_Gallery.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 166
This is the asians guys side view what you think?
definitely looks a bit downward grown

this guy's jaw is just a little bit stronger but he's not as downward grown. the gonial angle is completely different. do you see the difference?
190411 greys anatomy chris carmack caterina scorsone

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
definitely looks a bit downward grown

this guy's jaw is just a little bit stronger but he's not as downward grown. the gonial angle is completely different. do you see the difference?
View attachment 539148
Yea i see the difference now mines compared to the asian guys siide view my jawline is more straight foward. His maxilla is also flat and elongated it seems. But hes still good looking.

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner and Deleted member 6341
@AutisticBeaner So essentially, the problem with Asian cheekbones is that they're not forward enough (presumably due to Asians generally having flat maxilla)?