Are body weight exercises better than weight training

Willmogulater

Willmogulater

Brownmaxxing
When i used to weight train it dint felt like i dit anything especially when i lift heavy weight the muscles dont burn compared to doing the same with light weight high reps but i believe body weight training must be better to build good lean muscle mass as it is more hard compared to weight lifting

• JFL
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and BrahminBoss
When i used to weight train it dint felt like i dit anything especially when i lift heavy weight the muscles dont burn compared to doing the same with light weight high reps but i believe body weight training must be better to build good lean muscle mass as it is more hard compared to weight lifting
i actually did stop going to the gym and started a bodyweight routine i was consistent with for about 3 months because i thought the same as you, i did a lot of different kind of push-ups, pullups and assisted one leg squats and some other exercises even with slow tempo.

i didn't gain shit, i actually lost strenght, 3 months lost jfl.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Willmogulater
i actually did stop going to the gym and started a pretty intense bodyweight routine for about 3 months, i did a lot of different kind of push-ups, pullups and assisted one leg squats and some other exercises.

i didn't gain shit, i actually lost strenght, 3 months lost jfl.
I dont know but weight lifting isnt that hard and u dont get tired i am doing pushups now and i feel insane burn in my chest which i didnt felt after benchpress

calisthenics for athleticism, bodybuilding for muscle mass and overall aesthetics. simple concept

What a dumb retsrd

• JFL
Reactions: Willmogulater and seethe
I dont know but weight lifting isnt that hard and u dont get tired i am doing pushups now and i feel insane burn in my chest which i didnt felt after benchpress
If you don't get tired from weightlifting, you're not training hard. You need to be training within 0-3 RIRs (reps in reserve) from failure to build muscle mass optimally while also managing fatigue. If you're a complete n00b, this is less important. But if you say you're not tired after a session, you're not training hard enough.

Bench Press is also overrated af for building chest. Bench is a compound movement that also recruits front delts and triceps. Do cable flys or dumbbell flys. You can also bias them to work your upper chest more. Personally I like dumbbell flys, especially 30 degree incline dumbbell flys. Even though dumbbell flys have fallen out of favour in online bodybuilding and lots of people hate them.

It's literally been 5 weeks since I last benched at all - flat or incline. And that was with dumbbells. I don't even do incline dumbbell bench anymore. I haven't done barbell bench press in like over 6 months. And I've got big tits. And I've been cutting recently, weighed in at 67.05kg this morning (at 167cm) so I don't think it's all fat. :lul:

Last edited:
Just do weighted calisthenics to get the best of both worlds. I really like doing weighted dips and pull ups. Unfortunately I don;t have a weighted vest so I cant do weighted push ups but I just do incline bench. For shoulders I do low rep high weight military press,lateral raises and face pulls. Also I do a lot of rows and obviously biceps/triceps using cables and barbells.

For legs I might do a few sets of squats/DLs/hip thrusts but I believe legs are a looksmin.

For hyperplasia u need more if u want to be super strong but no worth basketball push ups all legs body weight is best