Are extractions and decompression before jaw surgery a looksmin?

D

Deleted member 2816

Bronze
Obviously Bimax Improves the face but is it worth the costs of having less teeth (ie removing premolars and wisdoms) as well as having your teeth pushed back for BSSO. Seems like that could be a massive looksmin having that in itself. The orthotropic community talks about extractions and braces lengthening the face and pushing the jaws back:hnghn:.Could this make long term results of bimax less desirable?

What are your thoughts of extractions and braces on the face? Does this detract from the excellence of bimax as a hard max?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8758, Goblin and Deleted member
Yes, it is a looksmin before you get surgery, but it's necessary. And don't listen to any of the bullshit that those orthotropic retards say.

You need wisdom teeth extracted for BSSO.

• +1
Reactions: never_lucky, .👽., Gaia262 and 2 others
Yes, it is a looksmin before you get surgery, but it's necessary. And don't listen to any of the bullshit that those orthotropic retards say.

do extractions make ur palate narrower?

I got 2 extractions for braces :feelswah:

But I need bimax asap was it a good idea?

I was also told I was need promolars as well. Seems like I’m losing a lot of teeth😩 is it worth it

I was also told I was need promolars as well. Seems like I’m losing a lot of teeth😩 is it worth it
afaik wisdom teeth are fine to remove. premolars not.

@Gaia262

imo decompensation is good cuz u can get a bigger advancement. i wouldnt pull my teeth personally but idk much about that. im myself in the decompensation phase for 5-6 months.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816 and Gaia262
Obviously Bimax Improves the face but is it worth the costs of having less teeth (ie removing premolars and wisdoms) as well as having your teeth pushed back for BSSO. Seems like that could be a massive looksmin having that in itself. The orthotropic community talks about extractions and braces lengthening the face and pushing the jaws back:hnghn:.Could this make long term results of bimax less desirable?

What are your thoughts of extractions and braces on the face? Does this detract from the excellence of bimax as a hard max?
@Gaia262

imo decompensation is good cuz u can get a bigger advancement. i wouldnt pull my teeth personally but idk much about that. im myself in the decompensation phase for 5-6 months.

Yes his face will visibly recess as he retracts, you can see how my mouth looked when speaking in my jaw surgery video before surgery. It looks like an old toothless old man talking.

But this gets fixed when they move the jaw forward.

It gets worse before it gets better and after you start you can't really go back.

Decompensation allows further movement of the bsso .

• +1
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful, Deleted member 2816 and .👽.
It’s not as complex as those “NEVER EXTRACT” ppl say. Of course if your jaw is huge and you have tons of space between your teeth prob shouldn’t extract. But most of us have small jaws and extracting in order to make everything fit nicely and allowing adequate advancement is hugely necessary. UNFORTUNATELY many orthos won’t extract unless necessary and would rather let you look like a chimp.