Asymmetrical Wisdom Teeth Growth and Mewing Failure (Help Needed)

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
My lower left wisdom tooth is partially erupted, but my lower right wisdom tooth is completely impacted and hasn't moved in the past year. The left side of my jaw has a way wider gonion and a way longer ramus than the right side.

The right side of my palate is significantly higher than the left. I suspect this is due to mewing and swallowing. Because the left side of my jaw is bigger, the left half of my tongue has more space than the right half. During swallowing, the right helf of my tongue presses upward with great force because the jaw it resides in is too small, and my tongue's left half pushes up with less force because the jaw is deeper on that side.

The palatal asymmetry is really bad because it's harder to breathe through my right nostril than my left. It may be the vaulted right half of my palate taking up space in the nasal cavity.

Back to the wisdom teeth problem. Since the left side of my mandible has a partially erupted 3rd molar, my left lower teeth have been pushed forwards, making my left side more forward-grown. My left upper teeth are more forward than my right upper teeth too. Is this ’cause the maxilla and mandible grow in tandem or ’cause my UPPER right wisdom tooth is also growing in and pushing on the upper right teeth? I don't know. The left side of my maxilla looks and feels slightly more forward-grown than the right. The nasolabial fold is deeper on the right side.

You can see my asymmetry problem here:

Experts’ opinions needed.

UPDATE: I've tried very hard to mew more on the left side, but my tongue seems to be incapable of doing so (might be because of the massive jaw asymmetry). Whenever I try to push my tongue up on the left, the right side will always push upward even more. I've never succeeded at only mewing on the left side. Whatever force I push at the left, the right exceeds that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
if this can help you, you should already have enough space on your palate for when the tooth is born, if you get more space later is useless

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel
if this can help you, you should already have enough space on your palate for when the tooth is born, if you get more space later is useless

Nor sure I understand what you're saying

Nor sure I understand what you're saying
enough space on the palate = straight wisdom tooth
narrow palate = crooked wisdom tooth
your palate should be wide enough BEFORE, otherwise the jewthordontics will extract them

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and thecel
your palate should be wide enough BEFORE, otherwise the jewthordontics will extract them

What can I do to get rid of the asymmetrical growth? The left side of my mandibular dental arch looks and feels roughly between half to 1 full molar length more forward than the right side of it. My maxillary dental arcade is the same: left side more forward than right side by about 1/2 to 1 molar length.

Last edited:
What can I do to get rid of the asymmetrical growth? The left side of my mandibular dental arch looks and feels roughly between half to 1 full molar length more forward than the right side of it.
are you hard mewing

• +1
are you hard mewing

No. And I can't stop the right side of my tongue from shoving upwards with great force every time I swallow. The right half of my palate is very vaulted and is causing more functional problems than aesthetic problems.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
What can I do to get rid of the asymmetrical growth? The left side of my mandibular dental arch looks and feels roughly between half to 1 full molar length more forward than the right side of it. Same as the maxillary dental arch.
unfortunately only mew symmetrically, if you get a blackpilled doctor maybe he will fix it and your craniofacial asymmetries

• +1
No. And I can't stop the right side of my tongue from shoving upwards with great force every time I swallow. The right half of my palate is very vaulted and is causing more functional problems than aesthetic problems.
you could try hard mewing with more pressure on the left side

• +1
if you do everything in manual mode with an autistic concentration you can still swallow right, like chintuck + swallow

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 9670
unfortunately only mew symmetrically, if you get a blackpilled doctor maybe he will fix it and your craniofacial asymmetries

I can't really mew symmetrically because my tongue tends to go way up on the right because that side of my palate is so vaulted. Sometimes it causes pain and makes me consider never mewing again.

I can't really mew symmetrically because my tongue tends to go way up on the right because that side of my palate is so vaulted. Sometimes it causes pain and makes me consider never mewing again.
just tilt your head to the side that your palate is weaker and apply strength with your thongue

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 9670
just tilt your head to the side that your palate is weaker and apply strength with your thongue

Which side is "weaker"? I want the right side to move DOWN AND FORWARD and be like the left. A high, vaulted palate is problematic.

Which side is "weaker"? I want the right side to move DOWN AND FORWARD and be like the left. A high, vaulted palate is problematic.
maybe see an ortho are you young enough for a palate expander still?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and pizza
the side that your tongue does not want to go

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Idk. I’m Tanner stage 4.7 (over)
I googled arched palates and it said a palate expand can help, so you can try something to fix it or just rot idc

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and pizza
To mew i just move my head pack into a sort of chin tuck position--everything just naturally goes into place and I have never noticed asymmetry.

I have heard people saying that sometimes people go through an 'ugly duckling phase' where they look a bit asymmetrical.

The solution (according to them) is to just continue mewing since everything should 'come together.' After a while.

• So Sad
To mew i just move my head pack into a sort of chin tuck position--everything just naturally goes into place and I have never noticed asymmetry.

I have heard people saying that sometimes people go through an 'ugly duckling phase' where they look a bit asymmetrical.

The solution (according to them) is to just continue mewing since everything should 'come together.' After a while.

My face doesn't look anywhere near as asymmetrical as it FEELS. Mewing and swallowing causes pain on the back of my right palate cus of the vaulting.

• +1
Reactions: Selinity

hmm
My asymmetry gets better more and more everyday never getting worse
This might be cope but
as my eyes are becoming more symmetrical
my depth perception is a lot better, and I can see things I've never seen before
I can see my asymmetries in the mirror, that i could only see with a reflected mirror
Maybe this is what they are talking about

• Woah
hmm
My asymmetry gets better more and more everyday never getting worse
This might be cope but
as my eyes are becoming more symmetrical
my depth perception is a lot better, and I can see things I've never seen before
I can see my asymmetries in the mirror, that i could only see with a reflected mirror
Maybe this is what they are talking about
yeah simmetry and foward growth is just a consequence of correct tongue posture, but most people can't wait that long for small changes

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and datboijj

Wisdom teeth removal is definitely a debated issue. Not sure the age here but I did let the dentist talk me into removing all 4 of mine but that was at about 22 years of age. It didn't change my face but I have seen people claiming it can.

• +1
Wisdom teeth removal is definitely a debated issue. Not sure the age here but I did let the dentist talk me into removing all 4 of mine but that was at about 22 years of age. It didn't change my face but I have seen people claiming it can.
removing wisdom tooth made my face much worse.
If I wasn't regrowing them idk how i could cope

• Woah
Reactions: Lawton88 and thecel
you lose potential jaw width,thats why i think resort to implants,I can't live knowing that my jaw could be more bigger

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and datboijj
you lose potential jaw width,thats why i think resort to implants,I can't live knowing that my jaw could be more bigger
but zero mid mandible and foward growth losts (thanks god)

I wonder if the issue might be the age they are removed. If its done while the face is still growing some you are taking a chance. Not sure if it was just a myth mostly but I remember hearing years ago some models would have them removed on purpose that were in their 20s thinking it would somehow improve their faces. It definitely didn't improve mine but it didn't change it either.

• +1
Reactions: pizza
no
More like I can see how far lines and angles go
in it's entirety
if that makes sense
Intredasting. I wonder what the world looks like to someone with a very high IPD. Probably very 3D.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
Get IMDO for wisdom tooth or something idk jfl

• Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj