Benched 135 lb (61 kg) 1-Rep Max

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
But! Considering that many untrained beginners can bench press 61 kg (135 lb) or heavier, I’m utterly subhuman.

This guy benched heavier than 135 when he was 14 years old:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, DivineBeing, mulattomaxxer and 2 others
I benched 100kg my first time untrained, when i was 15 and weighed 65kg jfl

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, StephIsCold, Jason Voorhees and 5 others
  • JFL
Reactions: gamma, oatmeal, buflek and 5 others
@volcelfatcel looksmax moment
Dead srs bro i looked 18 at age 15 aleardy and had fullbeard

But weirdly im still growing and had a armspan growth spurt at age 17

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, buflek and Deleted member 13754
@ManletEater I used to do 100 push ups everyday when i was 15 i dont know if that affects benchpressing much

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: gamma, thecel and Deleted member 13754
short arms cells will always destroy the bench press. At least I can cope with my long arms

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, thecel and WhiteGoodman
short arms cells will always destroy the bench press. At least I can cope with my long arms
Lifefuel that i can cope with my shitty ass benchpress with my 1.05 armspan :feelshmm:

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Constantin Denis and thecel
But! Considering that many untrained beginners can bench press 61 kg (135 lb) or heavier, I’m utterly subhuman.

This guy benched heavier than 135 when he was 14 years old:

lets goo, how old are you and whats your body weight?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Same lol. I have done 60kg for 3 reps and that is me after going to the gym since may (although I have basically been plateued since I started wagecelling in november :feelswhy::feelswhy:). I had a period of going to the gym when I was 18/19 and the bar felt heavy to bench.

Most adult males can do 60kg untrained :feelswhy::feelswhy:.

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing and thecel
  • JFL
The big compound lifts are all about leverages as someone else pointed out. Specifically humerus length for bench press and femur length for squat, humerus and femur length for deadlift. Most people will be better at one or two than the others. A barrel-chested guy with short humerus is going to bench a lot more from the start than other people but will probably have a shit deadlift.

• Woah
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: TeenAscender
Good job. Now get on a legit routine instead of those retarded workouts you keep posting, so you can make big gains.

You gaining weight?

• JFL
I benched 100kg my first time untrained, when i was 15 and weighed 65kg jfl
200 43

• JFL
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, TeenAscender and thecel
bench is an overrated exercise, for all aspects of lifting whether muscle mass, strength etc.

so don't dwell on it

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Tonymontana, TrestIsBest and thecel
bench is an overrated exercise, for all aspects of lifting whether muscle mass, strength etc.

so don't dwell on it

If I were limited to only 1 exercise for the rest of my life, I’d pick bench press.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
  • +1
i honestly doubt that most can tbh
srs most gym goers i know have trained a couple of months before benching 60kg including myself

• Woah

so don't dwell on it

Unless you're a powerlifter, or genuinely enjoy bench press, it's a completely unnesecary exercise. Same goes for squats, deadlifts, and all freeweight exercises.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and thecel
@thecel workouts are the best ways to get aesthetics except for taking steroids.

not yet . I’m tryna cut body fat

This is why you're a fucking idiot. Trying to cut at 135 lbs, and stubbornly following your own retarded program instead of doing workouts proven to work by dudes whove actually built a physique.

What you need to do is bulk, and stick to a progressive overload focused workout program with a balance of compound and isolation exercises for your entire body.

• +1
Trying to cut at 135 lbs,

I do this for 3 reasons:
  • My dad makes me run every day, and I want to shed weight in order to run faster. My dad gets pissed off if I don’t speed up my running.
  • I want to see my abs.
  • I want to produce a body transformation video that shows how much actual muscle mass is gained. In body transformation videos that go from fat to ripped, the real amount of muscle gained is much less than the apparent visual changes. I need to be lean at the beginning in order for the video to work.

and stubbornly following your own retarded program instead of doing workouts proven to work by dudes whove actually built a physique.

My plans mog. Cope harder.

What you need to do is bulk, and stick to a progressive overload focused workout program with a balance of compound and isolation exercises for your entire body.

These are precisely what my workout routines contain. I just skip legs exercises and do extra arms and shoulders sets.

I do this for 3 reasons:
  • My dad makes me run every day, and I want to shed weight in order to run faster. My dad gets pissed off if I don’t speed up my running.
  • I want to see my abs.
  • I want to produce a body transformation video that shows how much actual muscle mass is gained. In body transformation videos that go from fat to ripped, the real amount of muscle gained is much less than the apparent visual changes. I need to be lean at the beginning in order for the video to work.

My plans mog. Cope harder.

These are precisely what my workout routines contain. I just skip legs exercises and do extra arms and shoulders sets.

You weigh 136 lbs kid. If your plans mogged so much you wouldn't weigh the same as a skinny female and could bench more than a plate per side

• +1
You weigh 136 lbs kid. If your plans mogged so much you wouldn't weigh the same as a skinny female and could bench more than a plate per side

bruh that’s cuz I started benching 3 weeks ago

I’m cutting cuz it looks like my body fat % is 20%+

its probably because u didnt play sports as a kid

• Woah