Berries

D

Deleted member 8494

Iron
Wanna eat some frozen berries in the morning with oats but some sites claim that they should be heated to 90 degrees beforehand (hepatitis B, norovirus etc).

How many nutrients am I losing and can I heat up a large quantity and store it in a glass jar in my fridge for like a week?

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
Where do you live? This might be sound advice in a 3rd world country, otherwise you're overthinking this. Just smash them down bro

• +1
Reactions: Sl8yr, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and Wallenberg
Wanna eat some frozen berries in the morning with oats but some sites claim that they should be heated to 90 degrees beforehand (hepatitis B, norovirus etc).

How many nutrients am I losing and can I heat up a large quantity and store it in a glass jar in my fridge for like a week?

Sugar dude, your body registers all that as sugar.

If you have ever had anyone in your family with diabetes this shit will make you diabetic.

It basically happened to me, insulin resistance is a massive problem i have to face.

And its embarrassing to say the root cause was a massive bowl of porridge (50g carbs) + a massive bowl of fruit (40g sugar) every morning and thought i was being healthy.

Which is almost 100g of sugar to kick start the morning which screwed my system up permanently.

Don't fall for the memes dude.

I used to think deadlifts were a good excercise untill i damaged one of my disks in my spine.

Think for yourself.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Carolus, Julian, Deleted member 10330 and 1 other person

I eat exactly this every morning, with some nuts and other stuff in it.
I heat it

If you have ever had anyone in your family with diabetes this shit will make you diabetic.

It basically happened to me, insulin resistance is a massive problem i have to face.

And its embarrassing to say the root cause was a massive bowl of porridge (50g carbs) + a massive bowl of fruit (40g sugar) every morning and thought i was being healthy.

Which is almost 100g of sugar to kick start the morning which screwed my system up permanently.

I used to think deadlifts were a good excercise untill i damaged one of my disks in my spine.

Think for yourself.
oatmeal has almost no sugar bird brain

• JFL
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos and Deleted member 12669
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: intovoid, Deleted member 8494 and Gaia262
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Its berries you can eat them raw and you will be fine, its not like wild game or something that can give you some bacteria or virus

• +1
Reactions: Sl8yr
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262

Think for yourself.
Same shit happened to me, no deadlifting again ever FML, just doing some back extension shit and hoping it's enough.

Seriously though 2 of my grandparents and now my dad all got diabetes (to be fair they eat crazy amounts of sugar and carbs) so I'm cutting that shit out, keeping carbs to below 80gba day, except my cheat day, u think this is low enough?

• +1
Same shit happened to me, no deadlifting again ever FML, just doing some back extension shit and hoping it's enough.

Seriously though 2 of my grandparents and now my dad all got diabetes (to be fair they eat crazy amounts of sugar and carbs) so I'm cutting that shit out, keeping carbs to below 80gba day, except my cheat day, u think this is low enough?

Cut as much of it out as you can, carbs =sugar as far as your body is concerned.

Trust it will come to bite you as you get older.

Literally 30g a day max. I don't even eat that.

you won't see it yet but it's in the background wearing away at you.

LMAO! 80g of carbs is OVER!

Cut as much of it out as you can, carbs =sugar as far as your body is concerned.

Trust it will come to bite you as you get older.

Literally 30g a day max. I don't even eat that.

you won't see it yet but it's in the background wearing away at you.
Carbs are only a problem for IDIOTS with bad genetics/pre existing conditions. Wake up timmy

• +1
Reactions: savagetaysh
Carbs are only a problem for IDIOTS with bad genetics/pre existing conditions. Wake up timmy

In fairness metabolic syndrome is a critical problem in my family, I underestimated it and fell for the oats and fruits meme.

It's different for everyone, I just urge people to look at family history and act accordingly.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
In fairness metabolic syndrome is a critical problem in my family, I underestimated it and fell for the oats and fruits meme.

It's different for everyone, I just urge people to look at family history and act accordingly.
Respect your opinion. At least you aren't promoting carbs are bad for everyone.

• +1

Yeah agree, this is why I went with 80g, but seems this is still too high!!

• +1

Btw what's your ethnicity? That is a big factor in metabolic syndrome

• +1