Best ways to increase HRV and decrease resting heart rate, especially before bed in your experience?

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

I am only active if necessary.
Contributor
Serious answers only.

I am trying to make my sleep as efficient and restful as possible and I have a theory that the more more your autonomic system is skewed towards parasympathetic function, the quicker and higher quality your sleep will be.

HRV and RHR are great correlates of autonomic function.

Because of this, I'd like to know, what are the most effective things you've tried (habits, foods) that increase HRV in your experience?
Don't include supplements, peptides, etc. I'm not interested in supplementing my way to health.
I prefer to supplement for advantages, not health.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PlayersGetPlayed, Jonas2k7 and castizo
I'm not interested in supplementing my way to health.
I prefer to supplement for advantages, not health.
I get what you mean by that but health is an advantage

for example vit d3+k2 is good for bones, immune system and mood

Do you mean stuff like beta carotin which would be a "tanning advantage"?

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
Idk abour HRV but you can reduce RHR by drinking enough water imo. My RHR is always very high whenever I drink too little water, you need to drink roughly 2 liters a day to get your normal intake. Chances are you might just be dehydrated.

If that's not it, cut off all alcohol and caffeine. Try to eat sufficiently. Get enough activity. Etc.

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
I get what you mean by that but health is an advantage

for example vit d3+k2 is good for bones, immune system and mood

Do you mean stuff like beta carotin which would be a "tanning advantage"?
Yeah.

Health is an advantage but I think that I should only be supplementing if I want to go above baseline optimal health (the level of health you'd get if you did all of the healthy habits you're supposed to be doing, like drinking water, eating a healthy diet, exercise, low stress and good mental health, etc.)

Things like epitalon, TA-65, or red light therapy are supplemental things that are supposed to provide an advantage.

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
Idk abour HRV but you can reduce RHR by drinking enough water imo. My RHR is always very high whenever I drink too little water, you need to drink roughly 2 liters a day to get your normal intake. Chances are you might just be dehydrated.

If that's not it, cut off all alcohol and caffeine. Try to eat sufficiently. Get enough activity. Etc.
I'll consider that.
I'm already trying to get as much water a day, sometimes I just forget though.

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7 and PlayersGetPlayed
Cuddling

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Always Stay You and enchanted_elixir