Bimax before/after: 4 months post-op. How much did I improve?

Necessary but insufficient. I would start looking into other procedures: Wraparound jaw implant + paranasal implants might do a lot for you. Submental liposuction is another option.

I don't mean to be too critical, because you did improve. That's my honest opinion, though.

How much did I improve? When I posted 2-months post-op, most people say I ascended from incel to low-tier normie, but I was still very swollen back then. I still have some swelling (especially in the cheeks) that will dissipate in the next year. I’ll post again in ~6 months.
View attachment 1855753
View attachment 1855754

View attachment 1855758

View attachment 1855759

View attachment 1855761
In early May 2022, I had double jaw surgery (bimax) for sleep apnea, covered by insurance. Because there are huge aesthetic implications, I’m posting about myself here in case it’s useful. I don’t condone most of the other content on this website because it’s very toxic.

I had a very large advancement and CCW rotation, roughly equivalent to what Dr. Alfaro would have done (I forgot the exact measurements). This was a slightly bigger movement than my surgeon initially recommended, but I opted for it in order to maximize my airway and compensate for potential relapse. At first after the surgery, I thought I was advanced too far, but now that the swelling has gone down, I think I look pretty good. I’m slightly protrusive in one of the 3/4 angles (the last photo), but it’s not a big deal (and I could always shave a bit off the chin on the right side in the future). My upper midface is still recessed in comparison to my jaws, and I might address that later on.

My surgeon was Dr. Steinbacher at Yale, and I would recommend him.

Socially, I’m pretty sure new people are treating me better after surgery than before surgery. I recently moved and met a whole new set of people, and making friends was very easy (I’m usually able to make friends quickly and have never been made fun of for my looks, but this time felt extra easy). I haven’t entered the dating pool yet to know if this made a difference there, but I won’t know the extent for a while because it takes a full year for all of the swelling to dissipate.

Things that didn’t go well:

• My nose tip dropped a little bit, which is the opposite of what usually happens (I had a septum perforation plus my nose had issues beforehand). I’m probably going to get a rhinoplasty to fix this, simply bringing up the tip to a normal level; it will also improve my breathing. Looking at these photos makes me realize this is pretty necessary.
  • My midline is a couple mm off to the right side, and my jaws are slightly shifted to the right. This can happen with these surgeries because they can make existing asymmetries more apparent. It really bothered me when I first noticed, but now I realize it’s not a big deal. No one has proactively noticed it, and even when I point it out, some can still barely see it.

Things I could do in the future:

• Lose~10 lbs of fat. This, along with the swelling continuing to reduce, will slim down my face.
  • Rhinoplasty to bring up my nose tip and further improve my breathing
  • Possibly something in my infraorbital/malar area to make it look less recessed.
  • Minox on eyebrows
  • Better skincare routine
  • If the protrusive right side bothers me in the future, I could always shave a bit off of the chin, but that probably won’t be necessary
  • If my hairline continues to recede, I could do a hair transplant someday.
Finally, someone at my looks level in my situation

Subhuman to subhuman tbh

I’m not sure if surgery can save him

Thoughts? @smvmaxxertilllate @AscendingHero

I did bimax primarily for sleep apnea, hence why I did it before optimizing weight, etc. It needed to happen sometime and the timing worked out.
as if weight loss would have taken you from trucel to normie. i hate when ppl say muhhh softmax first muhhh get lean muhhh waste 2 years in the gym. If you don't have the bone structure u won't look good at 12% bf either.

mfs be like "hurrr durr why you no softmax, you 20% bf instead of 12% bf hahah get lean bro!" fucking retards. Some ppl have the bones of spotemgotem and you think softmaxxing will help us.

@fogdart @AscendingHero thoughts?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate, AscendingHero and fogdart
as if weight loss would have taken you from trucel to normie. i hate when ppl say muhhh softmax first muhhh get lean muhhh waste 2 years in the gym. If you don't have the bone structure u won't look good at 12% bf either.

mfs be like "hurrr durr why you no softmax, you 20% bf instead of 12% bf hahah get lean bro!" fucking retards. Some ppl have the bones of spotemgotem and you think softmaxxing will help us.

you don't need to be 12% bf to see your bones tbh. Anywhere from 15 - 20% your bones should look decent enough. Obviously a lower body fat makes your bones more visible

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

Indeed

I had a gigachad friend who had hollows at 28%-30% bf

Just get lean is a constant, a minimum

Bones are the decider of how good you get lean, how prominent the hollwos are, the skin stretching, the shadows, you can't get around it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Won't Stop Mewing and whiteissuperior
Indeed

I had a gigachad friend who had hollows at 28%-30% bf

Just get lean is a constant, a minimum

Bones are the decider of how good you get lean, how prominent the hollwos are, the skin stretching, the shadows, you can't get around it.
@smvmaxxertillate has hollows while being severely obese, meanwhile at 6'2 150 pounds my cheeks are bat and chubby due to bonelessness making me look like a friendly trust when combined with my NCT and slight (like one degree and only when i smile) negative eyebrow vector

• So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero
Finally, someone at my looks level in my situation

Subhuman to subhuman tbh

I’m not sure if surgery can save him

Thoughts? @smvmaxxertilllate @AscendingHero
nah its kinda finished for him tbh. maybe he should ask a10 or something cause I can't think of anything

nah its kinda finished for him tbh. maybe he should ask a10 or something cause I can't think of anything
i wonder if a total makeover by pagnoni can help him reach normie

infra orbital + malar implants + canthoplasty + rhino + hair transplant

maybe then he could reach normie

I did a realistic Morph for you OP:
-Deep Necklift by Dr Nayak (30-40k)
-Rhino tip elevation + paranasal implant (10-15k)
-Hair System or hair transplant

U should gain 2 PSL, btw my morph is very realistic

Btw how much ur maxilla was advanced at ANS? and did u had custom plates and guides?
Why is deep neck lift so expensive? Are there any other surgeons doing it for cheaper

i wonder if a total makeover by pagnoni can help him reach normie

infra orbital + malar implants + canthoplasty + rhino + hair transplant

maybe then he could reach normie
ye implants in every part of his face + genio + hair transplant. All that just to have a near half chance of being mogged walking in any big area not occupied by oldcels. He'd still have to go to SEA to 'slay' after all that. Brutal tbh

ye implants in every part of his face + genio + hair transplant. All that just to have a near half chance of being mogged walking in any big area not occupied by oldcels. He'd still have to go to SEA to 'slay' after all that. Brutal tbh
me and him are the same

me too homie. I need over 6 surgeries to live a decent life. but hey, alhamdulilah I am grateful for everything
u literally have borderline hollows at 30% bf. stop gaslighting me and softmax

Anyone saying you can't fix a long philtrum needs to see this, it literally looks half the size now.