Bimax rasied my hyoid bone

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Life is a beautiful journey, just enjoy the rides.

- Before even the CBCT couldn't see it because it was too low.

- With mewing, chin tucking, fast-jaw opening exercise it will raised the hyoid bone even more

FAST JAW OPENING EXERCISE
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5784581/pdf/cia-13-125.pdf

• This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
    • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
    • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.
MEWING
Remplenish water bottle to enhance mewing

Visual representation of low vs high hyoid bone
10 Techniques for the Difficult Neck | Ento Key

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Necro, justinzayn, 5'7 zoomer and 10 others
good post I'll try out the exercise for a few weeks and probably get the water bottle too (so expensive though wtf is there a chinese knockoff version)

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn, DelonLover1999 and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
good post I'll try out the exercise for a few weeks and probably get the water bottle too (so expensive though wtf is there a chinese knockoff version)
No, I ordered it a month ago just got it yesterday.

• +1
Reactions: cr7mane
Nice. Mine is low too. Hope my bimax will make a big difference

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn, Pumanator and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Congrats op. Im excited for bimax to raise mine too. We can be hyoid people

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
yeah it s the reason for low hyoid bone in the 1st place.

how much rotation did you get with your bimax? looks like it made you more downgrown kek

how much rotation did you get with your bimax? looks like it made you more downgrown kek
If you look carefully you could see in the after picture that my teeth did not touch each other, thus giving the illusion of downward grown. The reason I didn't keep my occlusion together was because I was too swelled literally I got forced to do CBCT scan 1 week after the surgery. I knew this question would come up but didn't want to include in the OP post.

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999

it doesn't seem like he got any ccw rotation, just followed the natural curve of the mandible

• So Sad
Reactions: anticel
If you look carefully you could see in the after picture that my teeth did not touch each other
just noticed it, makes more sense now

it doesn't seem like he got any ccw rotation, just followed the natural curve of the mandible
I got slight cw rotation because of short face syndrome I had. I wish I can get ccw but my base wasn't made for that.

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999
Are you happy with your jaw surgery results?

Are you happy with your jaw surgery results?
It's alright could be better could be worse. It just replicate the looks of when I perma jutt when I hasn't got the surgery.

It's alright could be better could be worse. It just replicate the looks of when I perma jutt when I hasn't got the surgery.
any improvements to airway/breathing?

EF5E7451 5935 4DA6 83DA 6E365FBA96E6

Pretty sure you can just use a silicone straw and do the same thing.

Worth a shot anyway 60 bucks is a lot for a bottle JFL

3C97985C 739D 422E A0D4 8D9054455027

Last edited:
  • +1

do you think this might be an effect of cw rotation as opposed to ccw?
if you are rotating cw wouldnt the hyoid come up more, but with ccw it goes down?

do you think this might be an effect of cw rotation as opposed to ccw?
if you are rotating cw wouldnt the hyoid come up more, but with ccw it goes down?
no with ccw rotation you create more space. The natural position of the hyoid is under your tongue but it gets pushed down if your maxilla grows vertically and creates a lack of space!

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: anti caking agents, malicieusss and Deleted member 18582
no with ccw rotation you create more space. The natural position of the hyoid is under your tongue but it gets pushed down if your maxilla grows vertically and creates a lack of space!
Yeah I know all of that but that’s in terms of functionality aspect. I am talking about harmony /aesthetics frontal and side profile views. ccw would make my sfs even shorter I will look a toad prob

Yeah I know all of that but that’s in terms of functionality aspect. I am talking about harmony /aesthetics frontal and side profile views. ccw would make my sfs even shorter I will look a toad prob
I just answered the other guy who asked^

uhm no i think ccw would help you but your ramus would have to be longer. are u happy with your bimax result?

How is your eye area? (not after bimax but just in general)

I got slight cw rotation because of short face syndrome I had. I wish I can get ccw but my base wasn't made for that.
Any idea of how your midface ratio changed ?

View attachment 2330395View attachment 2330409
View attachment 2330396View attachment 2330411

- Before even the CBCT couldn't see it because it was too low.

- With mewing, chin tucking, fast-jaw opening exercise it will raised the hyoid bone even more

FAST JAW OPENING EXERCISE
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5784581/pdf/cia-13-125.pdf

• This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
    • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
    • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.
MEWING
Remplenish water bottle to enhance mewing

View attachment 2330401

Visual representation of low vs high hyoid bone
10 Techniques for the Difficult Neck | Ento Key
Did you have any teeth removed?

• +1
bumping this stickied thread