Blepharoplasty for hooded upper eyelids BUT due to loss of collagen (droopy eyelids) ?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
Basically my upper eyelids are more hooded now as I age, but it's not the kind of "good hooding",

in fact, it's more like eyelids are getting more hooded, because they're getting droopier with the loss of collagen, a bit like that, but WAY less pronounced of course (I'm 27), but it's to get my point:

Before 300x219

It's quite unaesthetic as a result. Basically my plan would be to get blepharoplasty, THEN upper eyelid fillers or fat grafts again, to fill in the area in a more aesthetic, youthful-looking way.

Or alternatively. I've read about reports on Reddit, of women whose upper eyelid hooding basically disappear from using Tretinoin a bit on the upper eyelids, I guess the collogen-promoting properties effects of Tretinoin could have an eyelid lifting effect here.

Do you think any of those options could be good ?

• +1
Reactions: Gladiator, ChristianChad, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Basically my plan would be to get blepharoplasty, THEN upper eyelid fillers or fat grafts again, to fill in the area in a more aesthetic, youthful-looking way.
legit

hooded eyes are a meme, get bleph and additional surgery if you suffer from deer in headlights prey eye syndrome

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Danish_Retard
Maybe also a brow ridge implant could solve the problem. Most of the times people get droopy eyelids because they dont have bone support.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Prince88, ChristianChad, lilhorizontal32 and 2 others
I'll try to lift the eyelids with tretinoin first, see how it goes.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Maybe also a brow ridge implant could solve the problem. Most of the times people get droopy eyelids because they dont have bone support.
This.
Bone support would be ideal

Although probably difficult to achieve

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 10987
  • +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
I've seen some results on threads on here, and the procedure doesn't seem too convincing, but I may be wrong.
I am pretty sure it's forward projection of the supraorbital rim and not the supraorbital ridge (browridge) that gives the bone support to the hooding. so I don't think it's possibly surgically. you're right on browridge augmentation, the results aren't the best

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Tobias Fünke and Danish_Retard
I am pretty sure it's forward projection of the supraorbital rim and not the supraorbital ridge (browridge) that gives the bone support to the hooding. so I don't think it's possibly surgically. you're right on browridge augmentation, the results aren't the best
What would you suggest then ? Would some fillers or fat grafts do the job here ?

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
What would you suggest then ? Would some fillers or fat grafts do the job here ?
bleph probably, you don't need hooded eyes anyways just aslong as you don't get large amount of UEE

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Using tret on my cheeks won’t affect my eyelids right ? Sorry for the autistic question

you are too young to get hooding from elastin loss imo. Maybe you gained some fat in it. Legit old people have hooding due to elastin loss.

try double eyelid tapes to emulate the changes..

you are too young to get hooding from elastin loss imo. Maybe you gained some fat in it. Legit old people have hooding due to elastin loss.

try double eyelid tapes to emulate the changes..
Is it elastin or collagen loss ?

Is it elastin or collagen loss ?
elastin loss make skin less elastic, saggy. Collagen loss is responsible for wrinkle formation and dull look.

thats my opnion though .

updates on this?

I've got sagging upper eyelids due to collagen loss I think, so it's like eyes are hooded but it's skin tissue mainly (and a bit of fat),

I'm considering using tretinoin to help in collagen and elasticity in the area, at the risk of burning through the little subcutaneous fat i've left here?

For upper eyelids, it really comes down to Tretinoin VS keeping your subcutenous fat,

it's sad that you cannot improve collagen with tretinoin without burning through the fat as well.

Report Edit

• +1
updates on this?

I've got sagging upper eyelids due to collagen loss I think, so it's like eyes are hooded but it's skin tissue mainly (and a bit of fat),

I'm considering using tretinoin to help in collagen and elasticity in the area, at the risk of burning through the little subcutaneous fat i've left here?

For upper eyelids, it really comes down to Tretinoin VS keeping your subcutenous fat,

it's sad that you cannot improve collagen with tretinoin without burning through the fat as well.

Report Edit
I wouldn't use tret around eyes. I did it myself (0.25%) previously and it gave me agonising dry eye. Look toward surgical solutions I'd reckon.

• +1
I wouldn't use tret around eyes. I did it myself (0.25%) previously and it gave me agonising dry eye. Look toward surgical solutions I'd reckon.
did the dry eyes issue go away after discontinuation?

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and ChristianChad
did the dry eyes issue go away after discontinuation?
Mostly yes thankfully. But they still occasionally get drier than they were prior to using tret. I used on the undereye area for around 2 months before stopping. I still use tret every second day but I take care not to go above the cheekbone when applying.