Braces

N

Norwooder

Master
1, do braces effect your dating? Like is it a looksmin in the way they look
2, braces prevent palate expansion but do they prevent the advancement of the maxilla. I think only the elastic bands some people get would cause recession, but if you dont use the elastic bands I think it would just effect palatel width but not the actualy advancement of the maxilla. Thoughts?

braces just straighten your teeth, even mike mew uses them (in older patients) since thats the only way to get straight teeth as an adult, maintenance is acheived with proper tounge posture not retainer later

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2661, Norwooder and Anubis
2, braces prevent palate expansion but do they prevent the advancement of the maxilla. I think only the elastic bands some people get would cause recession, but if you dont use the elastic bands I think it would just effect palatel width but not the actualy advancement of the maxilla. Thoughts?
be careful though. If they suggest you braces with rubber bands then tell them to fuck off and run away from them as fast as you can. Rubber bands destroy your maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder
be careful though. If they suggest you braces with rubber bands then tell them to fuck off and run away from them as fast as you can. Rubber bands destroy your maxilla.
How?

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder and 6ft8InTheNetherlands
braces just straighten your teeth, even mike mew uses them (in older patients) since thats the only way to get straight teeth as an adult, maintenance is acheived with proper tounge posture not retainer later
Why not just use a retainer at night aswell tho? May aswell right?

Holy cope.

never use braces, they fuck up your face and only make your dentist richer.
save monet until you can afford orthognatic surgery, otherwise try CopeAndRope's facepuller

I had braces from age 16-19... WITH ELASTICS. I can still hear that greedy fucker telling me to "wear my elastics every night!" What a huge mistake. I had no idea I was fucking up the entire rest of my life.

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: SikKunt and Norwooder
I had braces from age 16-19... WITH ELASTICS. I can still hear that greedy fucker telling me to "wear my elastics every night!" What a huge mistake. I had no idea I was fucking up the entire rest of my life.
Ngl every single chad i know had braces and still look very aesthetic and fuck chicks

it is on one side a temporary looksmin and on another side a permanent one

• +1
Ngl every single chad i know had braces and still look very aesthetic and fuck chicks

They probably had really good bases, I'd assume. If you have an average base (at best) like me, even a small amount of maxillary retraction is enough to make someone below average in terms of looks.

• +1
They probably had really good bases, I'd assume. If you have an average base (at best) like me, even a small amount of maxillary retraction is enough to make someone below average in terms of looks.
There is no maxillary retraction if u dont use elastics though

Doesn't change dating for me. Other than making it a bit harder to give oral.

• Hmm...
Reactions: SikKunt
There is no maxillary retraction if u dont use elastics though
I have braces rn and when they aligned my teeth it made me have a underbite. They wanted to pull a tooth to fix it but I did not want to, now they want to use elastics to fix my underbite. Is it worth it? I can't do lefort cause I don't have the money atm.

Braces ruin jawlines don't do it

• JFL