Brief update (self-experiment): diet-induced thermogenesis

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
As I said in my last thread, I was gonna self-experiment and eat about 3-5k kcal a day to see how my unintentionally “chemically modified” metabolism reacts to excess food after losing a considerable amount of weight due to systemic neurotoxin spread.

What I noticed so far: I get really hot when digesting food. Just lying in bed with hot flashes + sweating, window open and heater turned off (3° Celsius outside). Last meal (about 1,600 kcal in one sitting) was several hours ago. Heart rate is increased too. These are good signs; adaptive thermogenesis/increased energy expenditure at rest is what I want since that’s what allows me to eat more food without gaining fat.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Deleted member 10709, Chintuck22 and 4 others

so youre trying to increase metabolism?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12937
Why do you even want to eat more food in the first place?

lol at this autist

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bewusst
Godspeed
T3 and Salt mught be of interest

• +1
Reactions: xefo
I get cold after eating.

Why do you even want to eat more food in the first place?
Who doesn’t like to eat? Besides, I just find it interesting to see what I can get away with now in terms of how many calories I can consume without gaining weight. If I do, I’ll just dial back down

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel
Godspeed
T3 and Salt mught be of interest
Thyroid hormones in excess can catabolize muscle and bone too and I wouldn’t dare to take any drugs as long as I still suffer from botulism and certainly not mess with my thyroid. I consume plenty of salt already, it has been essential in managing my condition, along with calcium and limiting Mg and K since botulinum neurotoxin affects voltage-gated ion channels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel and Wallenberg
That doesn’t seem right, unless you eat ice-cream. Are you salt-restricting by any chance?
No, just low calories I think.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
My heart rate goes insane after I ate something calorie heavy

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel and Bewusst
No, just low calories I think.
That’s also a possibility. When I couldn’t eat much, I was also cold all the time. You should probably eat more, move more and consume enough salt

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Thyroid hormones in excess can catabolize muscle and bone too and I wouldn’t dare to take any drugs as long as I still suffer from botulism and certainly not mess with my thyroid. I consume plenty of salt already, it has been essential in managing my condition, along with calcium and limiting Mg and K since botulinum neurotoxin affects voltage-gated ion channels
What is your concern with Mg and K?
Mitchondrial uncoupling would produce CO2 inside the cell, which in turn could lead the ionising Alkalis like Ca and Na outside of the cell again. Or is this not what you want to achieve?

My heart rate goes insane after I ate something calorie heavy
Sugar/foods that raise your insulin fast can do that. Lower glycemic index foods, fiber, fat and protein can reduce this response

What is your concern with Mg and K?
Mitchondrial uncoupling would produce CO2 inside the cell, which in turn could lead the ionising Alkalis like Ca and Na outside of the cell again. Or is this not what you want to achieve?
Botox inhibits both calcium influx and release at presynaptic nerve endings and also blocks certain sodium channels. Not getting enough Na and Ca can potentiate these effects, especially if you consume too much Mg or K. High Mg/K foods would make my muscle weakness and venoconstriction considerably worse, especially my diaphragm

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
Idk, doing experiment with your body sounds dangerous

As I said in my last thread, I was gonna self-experiment and eat about 3-5k kcal a day to see how my unintentionally “chemically modified” metabolism reacts to excess food after losing a considerable amount of weight due to systemic neurotoxin spread.

What I noticed so far: I get really hot when digesting food. Just lying in bed with hot flashes + sweating, window open and heater turned off (3° Celsius outside). Last meal (about 1,600 kcal in one sitting) was several hours ago. Heart rate is increased too. These are good signs; adaptive thermogenesis/increased energy expenditure at rest is what I want since that’s what allows me to eat more food without gaining fat.
How did you chemically modify your metabolism, teach me the ways

How did you chemically modify your metabolism, teach me the ways
I didn't. Botox injections went systemic and made me ill but I can't recommend trying to replicate that. It's literally hell I don't even wish upon my worst enemy. Also, turned out I'm less resistant to fat gain than I thought. After a while on a high calorie diet I gained weight so I stopped. It might have just been increased sympathetic nervous activity due to the immense stress I was under rather than actual lipodystrophy

I didn't. Botox injections went systemic and made me ill but I can't recommend trying to replicate that. It's literally hell I don't even wish upon my worst enemy. Also, turned out I'm less resistant to fat gain than I thought. After a while on a high calorie diet I gained weight so I stopped. It might have just been increased sympathetic nervous activity due to the immense stress I was under rather than actual lipodystrophy
Damn, was hoping for a miracle, my skinny friend eats whatever the hell he wants and kys around, stays skinny.meanwhile i eat a slice of pizza and gain 5 pounds