Buccal fat removal - to do or not to do?

SixFootManlet

SixFootManlet

Kraken
I know it's not a major looksmaxing surgery so it's unlikely to give me a major boost. But even an increase of 0.5 0.1 points matters.

Even though I'm in my 20s and quite thin, I got a chubby cheek area.

Any of you guys got it done? How fast was the recovery and were the results visibly better or incredibly subtle? It's pretty affordable where I live so I've been thinking of getting it.

Are there are before and afters where getting buccal fat removal actually ended up being a looksmin? That's my only fear to be honest, given its permanent nature.

Get lean through calorie restriction first and consider buccal fat removal only when you're still not satisfied then. I believe it can be a nice additional procedure to give your face an extra polish but nothing to obsess over.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Jerzy Bondov, middayshowers and 2 others
What is our bf% now?

Get lean through calorie restriction first and consider buccal fat removal only when you're still not satisfied then. I believe it can be a nice additional procedure to give your face an extra polish but nothing to obsess over.
Solid advice, first leanmaxx to 12%, and if not satisfied get it done, if you have good zygomatic position and projections is soo worth it.

I had it done with my genio last August. Before surgeries I probably had 20% bf because I didn’t care anymore - my face wouldn’t look lean above 12% and even if I cut down to 10% it didn’t look that good.

The recovery was kinda simple. In one week the swelling was gone and the threads inside my mouth were taken away in 3 weeks. But in the first 3 months my face still looked kinda bloated. It wasn’t until December that it started to lean down. Now my face stays lean despite me junkfoodmaxxing during Christmas.

If money is not an issue you can get it done but better with some lower third augmentation, because bloated face is not only related to shit fat distribution but also (and more likely) to the lack of lower third support. The effect is permanent.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962 and SexyMofo
I'm rail-thin already. Too thin, in fact. 156lbs at 6'. So the fat in that area is genetic and ain't going away.

It'll cost around ~$550 where I live...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
I'm rail-thin already. Too thin, in fact. 156lbs at 6'. So the fat in that area is genetic and ain't going away.

Thin doesn't neccessarily mean lean. You need low body fat to get rid of chubby cheeks. Mine were chubby genetically as well but they're hollowing out because I'm leanmaxxing. If you don't have a visible set of abs yet, I would advise against buccal fat removal.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, Deleted member 1751 and WannaBeA6
I need this, but I think I will wait after MSE or get an infraorbital-malar implant first.

How much do genio and Infraorbital/ browridge impants cost where you live

Be very careful with bucal fat removal. Make sure you’ve exhausted all other options before (especially make sure you don’t just have hypertrophied obicularis oris muscles and are confusing that for bucal fat).

Bucal fat removal has plenty of horror stories of aging you like crazy.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
I had it done with my genio last August. Before surgeries I probably had 20% bf because I didn’t care anymore - my face wouldn’t look lean above 12% and even if I cut down to 10% it didn’t look that good.

The recovery was kinda simple. In one week the swelling was gone and the threads inside my mouth were taken away in 3 weeks. But in the first 3 months my face still looked kinda bloated. It wasn’t until December that it started to lean down. Now my face stays lean despite me junkfoodmaxxing during Christmas.

If money is not an issue you can get it done but better with some lower third augmentation, because bloated face is not only related to shit fat distribution but also (and more likely) to the lack of lower third support. The effect is permanent.
:love:

sounds more like your jaws are recessed and are chasing the soft tissue around your cheeks to bunch up and give you the chubby cheek appearance

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470

145lbs at 6'3 gang represent

you might be skinnyfat boyo