Can being a polyglot open doors for me?

I had interpreted the discussion in another way, and since my interpretation of fluency is more closely related to quantitative than qualitative I wanted to give unsolicited advice.
i have both quantitative qualitative whatever you wanna refer to it as, i understand themwell

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
i have both quantitative qualitative whatever you wanna refer to it as, i understand themwell
I understood, it was an intimation not to rest on one's laurels and still improve in language. The message was not meant to sound arrogant I know why it was misinterpreted, you thought I was saying "no you don't".

I understood, it was an intimation not to rest on one's laurels and still improve in language. I know why it was misinterpreted, you thought I was saying "no you don't".
no thats not what i thought, i thought you were trying to discredit anything about my claiming to be fluent in 6 languages, which is false anyways

• +1
no thats not what i thought, i thought you were trying to discredit anything about my claiming to be fluent in 6 languages, which is false anyways
I was simply saying that one can be more than fluent. But you know that.

I was simply saying that one can be more than fluent. But you know that.
you can always improve a language, yeah.....................................................

• +1
you can always improve a language, yeah.....................................................
Ok, let's see. What do you think is the meaning of irony?

I asked cause I got A+ on my GCSE grades in maths and computer science etc, have no criminal record and make high quality CVs/cover letters and im still getting rejected to wagie jobs that pay 10 an hour fucking crazy this economy
Apply for roles in financial institutions like sales related jobs, consulting type roles. American companies have overseas offices so knowing multiple languages would put you greatly ahead of the curve since most candidate don't know other languages

Also I'm trying to learn another language, any advice tips. I have the pimseluer software as I heard its the best for getting conversational skills. Then plan on using duolingo to get better at reading and writing portion.

Apply for roles in financial institutions like sales related jobs, consulting type roles. American companies have overseas offices so knowing multiple languages would put you greatly ahead of the curve since most candidate don't know other languages

Also I'm trying to learn another language, any advice tips. I have the pimseluer software as I heard its the best for getting conversational skills. Then plan on using duolingo to get better at reading and writing portion.
You know whats crazy my girlfriend got a job at some bar makes more money than me while im stuck on welfare looking for a job with perfect grades, no criminal background, fluency in 6 languages, 6'3 white i mean it just goes on

life is not fair

advise for languages is use chatgpt i personally found it useful especially if you ask it translate something and then you wonder why its like that you just ask it off the bat

i dont find learning languages difficult, i learned russian in like 2 years (but i wasnt consistently learning it), then i learned german in 2 months fully by just studying nominative, dative, genitive and accusative cases, then i decided to learn french which is objectively easier cause it has less grammatical cases, took around 2-3 months since i wasnt familiar with romance languages and then spanish around the same time

Im fluent in all of them except english and polish, which I am native in
could u elaborate how u did it? im actualy curious cause like i can't imagine u being fluent in german within 2 months

could u elaborate how u did it? im actualy curious cause like i can't imagine u being fluent in german within 2 months
German is basically knowing when to use die/der/das for the nominative, once you have mastered that you basically know the language except learn new words, because you just switch the articles for genitive/dative/accusative.

I replied to one guy and said I mainly used chatgpt and google translate, duolingo is only good if you absolutely know nothing and are just getting started, do that for a week and then switch to chatgpt/google translate and just start speaking

well like i mentioned in a polish shitskin with a german gf she helped me ofc but im just good at learning languages

learn languages

learn languages
im grinding it but i dont know what to learn next, i could learn another european language like italian legit fluently but then there is chinese/japanese

im grinding it but i dont know what to learn next, i could learn another european language like italian legit fluently but then there is chinese/japanese
Don't be autistic about it just pick one.

Don't be autistic about it just pick one.
i prefer to pick more wisely, because i once tried to learn japanese in katakana but realized no one speaks that anymore (they speak hiragana) and i was learning it for a few weeks and wasted every single second

German is basically knowing when to use die/der/das for the nominative, once you have mastered that you basically know the language except learn new words, because you just switch the articles for genitive/dative/accusative.

I replied to one guy and said I mainly used chatgpt and google translate, duolingo is only good if you absolutely know nothing and are just getting started, do that for a week and then switch to chatgpt/google translate and just start speaking

well like i mentioned in a polish shitskin with a german gf she helped me ofc but im just good at learning languages
If your in cuckmerica you good get six figure jobs since most people dont meet the language requirements. Look for some consulting companies and other american countries in your country, they should have a local office and positions.

You would be a pretty good asset.

If your in cuckmerica you good get six figure jobs since most people dont meet the language requirements. Look for some consulting companies and other american countries in your country, they should have a local office and positions.

You would be a pretty good asset.
holy fuck if i made 6 figures id probably pass out ive never held anything more than £700

• Woah
Reactions: AscensionMan98
english polish russian german french spanish
add chinese to that and you can communicate with like 90% of the worlds population

also mirin hard, knowing languages is huge richness

• +1
Reactions: Azonin

so u memorize the phrases through translate and chatgpt?

and how old are u btw

add chinese to that and you can communicate with like 90% of the worlds population

also mirin hard, knowing languages is huge richness
as soon as u speak the opposite ones language u automatically bond it is crazy

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
as soon as u speak the opposite ones language u automatically bond it is crazy
exatcly, if u visit any country and speak the local language u will automatically be treated 10x better

so u memorize the phrases through translate and chatgpt?
not the phrases like every single phrase i just naturally learn how to express myself, for example when i had 0 clue how to speak german i would say some dumb shit like

"Wer ist der Mann dass kocht da?" which has incorrect form I just naturally learn the right form to say it as "Wer ist der Mann der dort kocht?"
and how old are u btw
turned 18 2 months ago

• Woah
Reactions: maxxmclooks
not the phrases like every single phrase i just naturally learn how to express myself, for example when i had 0 clue how to speak german i would say some dumb shit like

"Wer ist der Mann dass kocht da?" which has incorrect form I just naturally learn the right form to say it as "Wer ist der Mann der dort kocht?"

turned 18 2 months ago
actually crazy if you're not larping (u know hard to guess not disrespecting)

definitely do something with that talent

turned 18 2 months ago
and imo knowing languages is also high halo i automatically assume the person that knows some languages is intelligent

actually crazy if you're not larping (u know hard to guess not disrespecting)

definitely do something with that talent
Im trying, apparently I keep getting rejected from minimum wage jobs let alone the potential you say i have

Im trying, apparently I keep getting rejected from minimum wage jobs let alone the potential you say i have
they ironically could think u are over qualified and that you're gonna quit a minimum wage job anyway

they ironically could think u are over qualified and that you're gonna quit a minimum wage job anyway
thats definitely a possibility especially with my high school grades + I know how to write CVs and cover letters cause i did formal copywriting on upwork when i was 15 but they dont understand i need those kind of jobs right now

ill just keep trying, theres a difference between working a job like that short term and long term

thats definitely a possibility especially with my high school grades + I know how to write CVs and cover letters cause i did formal copywriting on upwork when i was 15 but they dont understand i need those kind of jobs right now

ill just keep trying, theres a difference between working a job like that short term and long term
why u wanna work btw you could also continue to go to school

why u wanna work btw you could also continue to go to school
cause if i went to school id be earning £70 a week (welfare) and i think im done living like that since ive lived like that for a year now

cause if i went to school id be earning £70 a week (welfare) and i think im done living like that since ive lived like that for a year now
u could earn so much after graduating from college to be fair long term definitely worth imo

but do whatever u want dude

u could earn so much after graduating from college to be fair long term definitely worth imo

im too depressed to go college

also why on earth do i need college to make that much there are oxford/cambridge students making 30k a year

also why on earth do i need college to make that much there are oxford/cambridge students making 30k a year
cause nowadays it is more important to go to college and make connections

cause nowadays it is more important to go to college and make connections
people get bachelors and then wonder why they worked 4+ years for it

I see it as a waste of time, college is for people who dont know what they are doing

people get bachelors and then wonder why they worked 4+ years for it

I see it as a waste of time, college is for people who dont know what they are doing
that's why i also said do whatever u want

if u think you're doing the right think fine

and funny thing is if you study something like computer science u have to work in very big companies anyway to earn middle 6 figures

that's why i also said do whatever u want

if u think you're doing the right think fine

and funny thing is if you study something like computer science u have to work in very big companies anyway to earn middle 6 figures
i think there are easier ways to make 6 figures

and once i make 6 figures im not worried, hell im not worried if i even made minimum wage

i think there are easier ways to make 6 figures

and once i make 6 figures im not worried, hell im not worried if i even made minimum wage
6 figures isnt easy or many would earn it

the easy ways would be illegal anyway

ofc it can, i can imagine the most success on airlines/ cruise ships where inbetween countries people will need help in one of those languages, you will be of much use in such cases

6 figures isnt easy or many would earn it

the easy ways would be illegal anyway
making some kind of money for myself according to you should not be that hard or i would be earning at least 20k right now (which im not)

im fine with working a wagie job 18-22 as long as im not lonely, always trying to be better

making some kind of money for myself according to you should not be that hard or i would be earning at least 20k right now (which im not)

im fine with working a wagie job 18-22 as long as im not lonely, always trying to be better
i couldn't do a wage job thinking about that makes my cortisol high

i couldn't do a wage job thinking about that makes my cortisol high
i have no choice, real men struggle

i cry while i work, i know but i act

i have no choice, real men struggle

i cry while i work, i know but i act
i mean you at least do it

although I'd never cry or complain at work btw but also don't be the bitch

i mean you at least do it

although I'd never cry or complain at work btw but also don't be the bitch
nah once every few months i cry because i have no one to talk to irl

the human touch is remarkable psychologically

nah once every few months i cry because i have no one to talk to irl

the human touch is remarkable psychologically
oh u meant literally crying thought u meant it like complaining

oh u meant literally crying thought u meant it like complaining
well i dont sit and "cry" sometimes tears come out of my eyes because im extremely isolated from everyone else, like really

well i dont sit and "cry" sometimes tears come out of my eyes because im extremely isolated from everyone else, like really
what about your family?