Can somebody explain to me whats the ideal bodyfat for hormones?

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
I kinda understand the concept that fat cells aromatise test into estrogen

But how does it work.
I heard more plates more dates say essentially the more bf% you have the greater the conversion of test ---> estrogen
So that being said whats the optimal bf% range for optimizing test and E levels for younger dudes not on T?
Any studies out on this

Low leptin (made by adipose tissue) is a signal for the testes to produce less T. Below 6-8% in most people T starts to plummet.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel, SubhumanCurrycel and Sikkunt23
Low leptin (made by adipose tissue) is a signal for the testes to produce less T. Below 6-8% in most people T starts to plummet.
So whats ideal range then for optimal T and E? I am hovering around 12-14% bodyfat rn
I would never cut to 8% unless I wanted to lose my boner tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Skinnyfat

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
9 to 12 % in men.

• +1
12-15 probably. With a decent amount of muscles.

Funny to see how some ripped guys have "low t". He explains that the reason is most likely too low bf.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel, Baldingman1998, harrys and 2 others
12-15 probably. With a decent amount of muscles.

Funny to see how some ripped guys have "low t". He explains that the reason is most likely too low bf.

Will watch rn thanks.
I saw a Jeff Nippard video on it a while back where they followed a completely natural bodybuilder and tracked his hormones,
They dropped to almost half T levels when he went below 8% I believe.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
So whats ideal range then for optimal T and E? I am hovering around 12-14% bodyfat rn
I would never cut to 8% unless I wanted to lose my boner tbh.
Optimally we should adjust for BF distribution since fat is more or less hormonogenic depending on where it is. Fat in the waist is usually more responsible for aromatisation. I guess this can be ignored unless you store noticeably more fat in the waist than other areas.

I'm going off memory here but adverse hormonal changes begin to show when your body is on it's last reserves of energy storage (subcutaneous) fat. Essential fat is around 3-5% in men, and optimal storage fat for hormones to not get fucked is around 5-7%.

So 10-12% is ideal if you can maintain it. Bothering with 1-2% differences won't make much of a difference when it comes to hormones. Below 8% BF is classified as unhealthy for the average man with the average fat distribution.
Above 15% is not ideal. So a relaxed range to stay in for a young adult year-round would be 10-15%.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, Deleted member 6963 and SubhumanCurrycel
Optimally we should adjust for BF distribution since fat is more or less hormonogenic depending on where it is. Fat in the waist is usually more responsible for aromatisation. I guess this can be ignored unless you store noticeably more fat in the waist than other areas.

I'm going off memory here but adverse hormonal changes begin to show when your body is on it's last reserves of energy storage (subcutaneous) fat. Essential fat is around 3-5% in men, and optimal storage fat for hormones to not get fucked is around 5-7%.

So 10-12% is ideal if you can maintain it. Bothering with 1-2% differences won't make much of a difference when it comes to hormones. Below 8% BF is classified as unhealthy for the average man with the average fat distribution.
Above 15% is not ideal. So a relaxed range to stay in for a young adult year-round would be 10-15%.
Ah right I should probably cut a bit more if thats the case.
Fuck my curry genes I store fat in the waist very quickly when I bulk up

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Ah right I should probably cut a bit more if thats the case.
Fuck my curry genes I store fat in the waist very quickly when I bulk up
If you aren't getting boners at 8% it's not worth it cutting below 10% tbh.
In the case of Indians, many phenotypes simply have a greater number of adipocytes which are larger than other phenotypes too. This makes losing fat around the waist (depending on how bad this affects someone) more difficult.

You might have to cut to unhealthy levels to even begin running through these fat stores. After all, this is probably an adaptation for famine survival.

• +1