can you build decent muscle at home by just pushups and getting your protein in?

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
gym opens next monday, trying to see what i can do. i have no equipment at all. new to fitness

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, shaugstir, Schönling and 4 others
skinny fat atm

• +1
Reactions: shaugstir, PYT, Deleted member 5875 and 1 other person
you can build good muscles just with basic gimcelling with multi joint exercises and sunbathe

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PYT and Hozay
Bump for interest

• Love it
Reactions: Hozay
calisthenics can give you muscles and you can learn cool tricks but theres nothing like gym to gain volume.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Kristin, Deleted member 10524, nonserviam and 5 others
Calisthenics is good for an ottermode physique/lean w a tiny bit of muscle (the one that i want tbh)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII, shaugstir, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
not really. unless youre like top tier gymnast its much easier just to go to the gym

• +1
invest in gumnastic rings.
extra instability gives edge over regular calisthenics .
Check out this nigga
Tao physique

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11425, Hozay and Danish_Retard
you can build good muscles just with basic gimcelling with multi joint exercises and sunbathe
just get an ir light

I've started doing one hundred pushups every hour a day to at least get to 1k then I stop. This should be enough if you dont have access to a gym.

• JFL
Reactions: TITUS
gym opens next monday, trying to see what i can do. i have no equipment at all. new to fitness
pushups is only chest n tris

• +1
Calisthenics is good for an ottermode physique/lean w a tiny bit of muscle (the one that i want tbh)
What you think you want, not what you will actually want when you get there.

• +1
Not really, bodyweight can only get you so far, let alone without equipment

Just take it eazy and start SL5x5 when gym opens, in 3 months you'll be squatting 100kg+ (been there done that)

• Love it
I've started doing one hundred pushups every hour a day to at least get to 1k then I stop. This should be enough if you dont have access to a gym.
Damn.
I can only do 15 in a row

Yes if you can't bench a 50% of your bodyweight (subhuman), do dips, but you're fucking urself up if you don't balance out with shoulder mobility, bar hanging, and pull ups (back stuff)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387
  • +1
Twinzies 🤪

You plan on cutting or bulking? Imma do the latter and cut after
lean bulking or bulking, i'm 146 5'10, still skinny. i'm never losing weight and getting in the 130s again lol. i looked worse.

• +1
Reactions: PYT
I did calisthenics, search for one program that fits what tools you have available, before getting into the gym, just to not go there looking too weak and getting the habit going, you want to get sore at home and not waste your cash by not going to the gym cause you are too sore. A pull up bar is a pretty good tool to have.

• +1
Reactions: quakociaptockh and Hozay
lean bulking or bulking, i'm 146 5'10, still skinny. i'm never losing weight and getting in the 130s again lol. i looked worse.
Lean bulking, I'm scared of bulking up too much since I'm still not low bodfat but I'm also scared of not eating enough

I think 300 plus surplus is enough

Lean bulking, I'm scared of bulking up too much since I'm still not low bodfat but I'm also scared of not eating enough

I think 300 plus surplus is enough
oh i meant i was gonna lean bulk or bulk, but yeah im gonna do it too. http://shredsmart.gear.host/cuttingmacros/ if you want to know what macros to use to go here, put your weight and put in lean bulk.

• +1
Reactions: PYT
  • Love it
Lol, carry on spiking your cortisol levels and causing muscular imbalances. Excess training is catabolic, 2-3 times a week is enough even with bodyweight exercises.

Yeah, If ur black.

• JFL
maybe yes, but its not as efficient as gymceling and it will take more time and effort for the same muscle

• +1
Weights are better in general for putting on muscle. For now you can do basic high volume calisthenic workouts. It's very boring and takes a lot of time, but basic movements are harder to fuck up and a high enough volume should be able to exhaust your slow twitch muscle fibers, and make you use your fast twitch muscle fibers, which are the ones that usually grow bigger

• +1
Reactions: Warlord
you will develop a very bad posture doing just pushups, training your anterior chain with no posterior chain (rear delts, mid and lower traps, etc. everything on your back side) training is not ideal.

All you need is calisthenics, weight lifting just fucks your posture. Countless gymcels have given themselves rounded shoulders and neck posture to ruin their appearance.

Calisthenics is more in harmony with the body's movements. That's why gymnasts look better than weight lifters. And you'll ACTUALLY be strong in ways that matter

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief
Atleast put your feet up on a tall chair so that it actually becomes difficult enough, instead of doing chest cardio by doing 60 regular pushups in one set. Angle might benefit you also since you will emphasise the calavicular head more.

same i need muscle just gonna start doin pushups again

Yes man
It works
But I prefer the gym
Much more to choose from

No, it's cope, but it's better than nothing -- especially if you're inexperienced. Go to the gym.

You need to progressively make the type of pushups more and more difficult. If you end up just doing regular pushups, after a certain point, you start training muscular endurance rather than building more muscle.

Progressions should be:
Incline pushup > Regular pushups > Diamond pushups > Planche Pushups

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
If you cannot attract women as skinny fat.. Its over for you.

Twinzies 🤪

You plan on cutting or bulking? Imma do the latter and cut after
If your skinny fat fuck bulking and cutting just eat your maintenance amount of calories. Just focus on getting stronger.

THE MOST BASED FITNESS YOUTUBER ALIVE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5875
bro people in prison are jacked af and some of them don't even have weights

they just do pullups, pushups, situps throughout the day

You can buy some resistance bands, these are great for some home exercises.

check my avi I rarely go to the gym

If your skinny fat fuck bulking and cutting just eat your maintenance amount of calories. Just focus on getting stronger.

THE MOST BASED FITNESS YOUTUBER ALIVE

It's hard for me to believe that you can lose fat while not being on a caloric deficit. May be possible but it will take A LOT of time and patience while seeing no results. I would say that the ideal would be to lift on a slight caloric deficit to lose the fat faster.

• +1
Reactions: Warlord
no

because you need to progressively overload somehow and also stay in the 10-45 second range for how long sets take

if you just increase the number of pushups you do in one set, you will need more than 45 seconds if you're strong enough, but then you're just training strength endurance which won't result in a lot more mass