Can you build muscle on a calorie deficit?

bugeater23

bugeater23

Kraken
Also is there any point in lifting or working out if you cant build muscle on a deficit?

No

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
just don't be on a deficit theory

Only if your hormone profile improves, which it generally won't for naturals on a cut. Roiders and people coming from a really unhealthy starting point can achieve this however.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Oberyn, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and 3 others

You can if you are a complete beginner to weightlifting. You can recomp your body for a good 12-18 months (gain muscle mass - lose body fat while in a caloric deficit - the missing calories will be taken from your fat stores).

Note that you need to be consuming a high amount of protein despite being in a caloric deficit for noob gains to kick in.
You also need progressive overload at the gym just as if you were bulking. You need to hypertrophy your muscles and work them to failure

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 22124, Mr.Proper and 1 other person
Also is there any point in lifting or working out if you cant build muscle on a deficit?
Yeah I have been eating 1200 calories for the past few months and have still improved my lifts substantially.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Descargue96, Mr.Proper and bugeater23
Who said you can't build muscle on a deficit? Just make sure you're eating enough protein, drinking enough water and stimulating your muscles (lifting). I'm surprised at how many morons are on this forum.

• +1
Reactions: bugeater23
Honestly it's just down to how much testosterone you blast. I've found that out recently the hard way after listening to so much dumb advice about how your workout and diet must be exactly perfect.

Routine = barely matters, just damage your muscles
Diet = just get enough protein and don't be in insane deficit or insane low BF

99% of natty bodybuilding is hormone manipulation and it's fucking inefficient compared to a syringe

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Descargue96, Oberyn and bugeater23
It's also possible if you've had more muscles before because of muscle memory. Me, I'm in decent shape, so because I've previously been more muscular, it's very easy to recomp/clean bulk. I prefer fasting tho'. I recently did a 35 hour fast and it made a big difference in my leanness and responsiveness to training. It's like if you've once been in shape then it's a lot easier to maintain it.

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence, Lebgfinal and bugeater23
To answer your thread title; Yes, if you're a noob, which - judging by your question - I assume you are.

...which also answers your second question :).

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96 and bugeater23
dont even try, dont focus on that
lift weight to keep muscle, but don't expect any gram of muscle gain.you may gain some muscle but its not something u should focus rn. get lean first.

you can if your a noob, all that im on 1000 cals and using tren and getting stronger is hilarious since the guys that are getting those results are small as fuck anyway lmao, if your using a compound maximise it and bulk and add muscle tissue then cut, doing both at once is a waste of time

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96
You can if you have very high test or blasting steroids

Depends on how much calories are in defict. If you're a begginer you could build mass at a 50-200 caloric defict, that's called body recomposition. You can also do it by using sarms or steroids.

I’ve been progressing on a 1000 deficit minicut - used to neglect shoulders but now they’re looking much broader.

Only in the start

Yes for untrained/inexperienced lifters or for people that are on PEDs

• +1
Reactions: bugeater23
Honestly it's just down to how much testosterone you blast. I've found that out recently the hard way after listening to so much dumb advice about how your workout and diet must be exactly perfect.

Routine = barely matters, just damage your muscles
Diet = just get enough protein and don't be in insane deficit or insane low BF

99% of natty bodybuilding is hormone manipulation and it's fucking inefficient compared to a syringe
how much mg test to use? I want to drop to 12% body fat while also looking somewhat big. Im 76kg 18% bodyfat. My body measurements are below on my signature.