Chances of Brain Damage from Le Fort 1

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre

Should I request special anesthesia to lessen the risk of brain damage, or should I take the chance and just go with the standard procedure?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Shieda_Kayn

Should I request special anesthesia to lessen the risk of brain damage, or should I take the chance and just go with the standard procedure?
Who knows, maybe the damage will work in your favor and turn you into a hyper-nt personality maxxed good guy? It would be the ultimate maxxing.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Manfrommars, Deleted member 16275, Acne Victim and 2 others
Who knows, maybe the damage will work in your favor and turn you into a hyper-nt personality maxxed good guy? It would be the ultimate maxxing.

Funny cope. Brain damage is always bad.

Brain damage doesn’t make you go from 130-IQ sperg dork to 110-IQ NT charisma king. Brain damage makes you go from 130-IQ sperg dork to 90-IQ sperg dork with memory problems.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16275, Deleted member 18879 and Shieda_Kayn
no lefort for pfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: cancercell and thecel
From some studies that I've read, the odds of getting brain damage after orthognatic surgery is around 0.5%, and that if you have BSSO or lower jaw movements the risk was bigger. Death rate 0.2%.

I'm not sure what to think out of this data tbh, no way it's that fucked. There is also a possibility that the guy from the thread you linked wants to lower competition so he is scaring people off bimax.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
From some studies that I've read, the odds of getting brain damage after orthognatic surgery is around 0.5%, and that if you have BSSO or lower jaw movements the risk was bigger. Death rate 0.2%.

I'm not sure what to think out of this data tbh, no way it's that fucked. There is also a possibility that the guy from the thread you linked wants to lower competition so he is scaring people off bimax.
probs surgeries in 3rd world shithole like most studies published online are

• JFL
that’s not pfl is it
no what you said is right, lefort won't change the actual pfl - it can reduce scleral show slightly as everyone knows, so the EAR which is what people refer to as pfl usually improves.

• Hmm...

what do you think OP? give your thoughts you're high iq

• +1
no what you said is right, lefort won't change the actual pfl - it can reduce scleral show slightly as everyone knows, so the EAR which is what people refer to as pfl usually improves.

Depends on the individual. Le Fort may increase scleral show.

no, it depends. impaction improves it, it's been proven

Fuck you for replying before my edit. I edited that before I read your reply. It was my idea.

• JFL
Reactions: Acne Victim
no, it depends. impaction improves it, it's been proven
oops im wrong not only impaction but any maxillary advancement

• Woah
Fuck you for replying before my edit. I edited that before I read your reply. It was my idea.
i'm just trying to discuss topics to improve my autistic knowledge. not sure why u giving me angry reacts and hmm reacts bruv

• WTF
i'm just trying to discuss topics to improve my autistic knowledge. not sure why u giving me angry reacts and hmm reacts bruv

Retard for interpreting hmm reacts negatively.

• Hmm...
when i give hmm reacts it's usually to make the person feel dumb

Wow. This surprises me.

If anything, a hmm react makes the hmmer seem dumb. Because it seems like the reactor is confused or doesn’t get it.

• +1
Wow. This surprises me.

If anything, a hmm react makes the reactor seem dumb. Because it means the reactor is confused or doesn’t get it.
well that's interesting i never thought of it like that

what are you thinking about the OP topic? i'm a bit scared of getting general anesthesia rn.

in reality tho, hypotensive anesthesia is done for a reason, anesthesiologists are not complete retards. maybe we shouldn't worry much about this

• +1
what are you thinking about the OP topic? i'm a bit scared of getting general anesthesia rn.

I’m scared but wanna fix my underbite and get forward midfacial projection.

Last edited:
  • +1
well that's interesting i never thought of it like that

in reality tho, hypotensive anesthesia is done for a reason, anesthesiologists are not complete retards. maybe we shouldn't worry much about this

I forgot to mention that the risk of permanent numbness from jaw surgery is higher than the risk of permanent brain damage from general anesthesia.

Does data take into account lefort osteotomies or fractures ? (Osteotomy = bone cut by the surgeon, fracture = your skull was fractured at the lefort 1 line during a car accident or sum). Also do they only pull statistics from renowned surgeons in developed countries or from everywhere ? This could immensely skew the statistics

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Acne Victim
Does data take into account lefort osteotomies or fractures ? (Osteotomy = bone cut by the surgeon, fracture = your skull was fractured at the lefort 1 line during a car accident or sum). Also do they only pull statistics from renowned surgeons in developed countries or from everywhere ? This could immensely skew the statistics
High IQ reply, there’s a huge possibility that this is the case. Will do some research later and see what I can find

• +1
Reactions: thecel and SurgeryEnjoyer
@SurgeryEnjoyer @thecel

did some quick reading and yes, that's true, elective jaw surgeries that go through a complete planning process and is non-emergency have a mortality rate of under 0.01% or 1 in 10000. it will change from source to source but still extremely low.

now take into account that a blackpilled surgerymaxxer will likely go with the best of the best surgeons and the odds of something happening will decrease, probably close to zero.

that's still a question that we should ask our surgeons nonetheless. if you guys have some new insights on the topic or some rare complications that are not infection, TMJ, and etc, LMK

• +1