Changes from my mastic gum routine so far (no pics)

SayNoToRotting

SayNoToRotting

Kraken
Method: Biting down on peanut sized pieces of mastic gum with my premolars, canines and lateral incisors. To distribute stress onto my maxilla and to prevent counterclockwise rotation of the maxilla (as it has been proven to happen during conventional chewing on gum)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ramal height has gone through the roof, as I knew it would.

The ramus is the one bone in the human skull that has to endure the most pressure while masicating, and that's also why most CT scans of bruxism victims display remarkably long ramuses (rami ?).

Second most noticalble change is my head breadth.
It's not a remarkably noteworthy change though, since a lot of that breadth increase also comes from musculature. (However, the zygomatic arch is second to the ramus one of the most stress-exposed bone region while masticating, so it stands to reason that my zygomatic arch has also increased, the bulging masseter and temporalis merely take away the focus on it.

My incisor tilt and chin portrusion have not changed, at least not noticably enough to report a difference after the very few months I have beeen doing this.
Ancient skulls pre agriculture tend to have a near edge to edge bite with staring incisors (both upper and lower).
The mandible doesn't really have growth plates, so it has the potential to grow in length well into one's 30s.
So my hopes of achieving that perfect pre agriculture bite still prevail.

Interpupilary distance (more directly nasal bridge breadth) hasn't (noticably) increased either, which was the main focus of my very unconventional chewing method. I haven't given up on it though.

Now, one of the most interesting changes has occured in my browridge.

Although it has already been proven that the browridge plays little to no part in mastication, mine has actually slightly changed in shape.
It has always been very portruding, projecting well beyond my eyes. However it was somehow still very level with my vertical forehead and my very tall nosebridge (these details will be important later).

But now it kind of has developed a subtle bump, and the transition between browridge and nasal bridge has become less smooth, more curved.

I have an explanation for why this has occured even though many studies say that the browridge takes no part in withstanding masticatory loads.

It's because most of these studies (mostly done on apes) dodn't take into consideration that it could look quite different in (some) humans who have more vertically aligned browridges, fitting more into the "scaffold"-function of the entire skull, as it has been proposed in one study that I can somehow recall.
And would you know it, that's very evidently the case when we look at this stress distribution map:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Ledogar/publication/324209022/figure/fig2/AS:611991815221248@1522921627360/Results-of-finite-element-analysis-under-an-anterior-bite-simulation-loading-via-muscle.png

Now, my skull and browridge/forehead portrusion have more resemblence with the guy in the left corner at the bottom than with the inuits/asians on the top (although obviously not quite as chaddy), but I assume that the alignment between nasal bridge and browridge have a greater effect on how stress is distributed on the browridge than the portrusion of the browridge on its own.
Skulls with very unlevel browrdige and nasal bridge experience the least pressure on the browridge and vice versa.

It should also be noted that the glabella is only a very thin bone in humans and apes alike, even in gorillas it doesn't seem to be thicker than 5 mms.

So the primary thing that seems to affect the shape and "dimorphism" of a browridge is not actually mass, but mere morphology.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, alriodai, magnificentcel and 8 others
placebo

end thread/

• +1
Reactions: AlexHeally and Deleted member 2933
^ He likes little children

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, JizzFarmer, GigaMogger and 2 others
What did he post? What type of Cp?

@SayNoToRotting so you chewed with ur “front” teeth? u didn’t chew with your back molars?

Brb using nigger

• JFL
Reactions: FatJattMofo
@SayNoToRotting so you chewed with ur “front” teeth? u didn’t chew with your back molars?
between molars and front I think

especially incisors are connected directly to zygomatic process

but idk this is not my topic

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, SayNoToRotting and Deleted member 2846
you once mentioned about using an alligator bite, so there is no lateral movement right? just up and down.

you once mentioned about using an alligator bite, so there is no lateral movement right? just up and down.
That is correct.

Also, to prevent teeth misalignment, one must also bite all the way through the gum until the teeth meet.
Every time.

Mastic or Falim?

How long had you been chewing for?
Plus how often throughout the day?

I need a way to increase IPD

Method: Biting down on peanut sized pieces of mastic gum with my premolars, canines and lateral incisors. To distribute stress onto my maxilla and to prevent counterclockwise rotation of the maxilla (as it has been proven to happen during conventional chewing on gum)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ramus is the one bone in the human skull that has to endure the most pressure while masicating, and that's also why most CT scans of bruxism victims display remarkably long ramuses (rami ?).

It's not a remarkably noteworthy change though, since a lot of that breadth increase also comes from musculature. (However, the zygomatic arch is second to the ramus one of the most stress-exposed bone region while masticating, so it stands to reason that my zygomatic arch has also increased, the bulging masseter and temporalis merely take away the focus on it.

My incisor tilt and chin portrusion have not changed, at least not noticably enough to report a difference after the very few months I have beeen doing this.
Ancient skulls pre agriculture tend to have a near edge to edge bite with staring incisors (both upper and lower).
The mandible doesn't really have growth plates, so it has the potential to grow in length well into one's 30s.

Interpupilary distance (more directly nasal bridge breadth) hasn't (noticably) increased either, which was the main focus of my very unconventional chewing method. I haven't given up on it though.

Although it has already been proven that the browridge plays little to no part in mastication, mine has actually slightly changed in shape.
It has always been very portruding, projecting well beyond my eyes. However it was somehow still very level with my vertical forehead and my very tall nosebridge (these details will be important later).

But now it kind of has developed a subtle bump, and the transition between browridge and nasal bridge has become less smooth, more curved.

I have an explanation for why this has occured even though many studies say that the browridge takes no part in withstanding masticatory loads.

It's because most of these studies (mostly done on apes) dodn't take into consideration that it could look quite different in (some) humans who have more vertically aligned browridges, fitting more into the "scaffold"-function of the entire skull, as it has been proposed in one study that I can somehow recall.
And would you know it, that's very evidently the case when we look at this stress distribution map:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Ledogar/publication/324209022/figure/fig2/AS:611991815221248@1522921627360/Results-of-finite-element-analysis-under-an-anterior-bite-simulation-loading-via-muscle.png

Now, my skull and browridge/forehead portrusion have more resemblence with the guy in the left corner at the bottom than with the inuits/asians on the top (although obviously not quite as chaddy), but I assume that the alignment between nasal bridge and browridge have a greater effect on how stress is distributed on the browridge than the portrusion of the browridge on its own.
Skulls with very unlevel browrdige and nasal bridge experience the least pressure on the browridge and vice versa.

It should also be noted that the glabella is only a very thin bone in humans and apes alike, even in gorillas it doesn't seem to be thicker than 5 mms.

So the primary thing that seems to affect the shape and "dimorphism" of a browridge is not actually mass, but mere morphology.
First step: Breaking your first born child's femur.
Have you try it with jawzrsize?

@Deliciadecu I value your opinion on this part; critical or not:

@Deliciadecu I value your opinion on this part; critical or not:

If there really was a change on your brow ridge, which I doubt it was a change in bone morphology tbh, it could've been a soft-tissue change. Biting on the front teeth require more strength, which means there will be more muscle contraction

whenever you bite something that is harder than normal you'll tend to contract most facial muscles

man-eating-croissan-biting-hard-likes-french-dessert-isolated-white-background-man-eating-croissan-113658961.jpg

and this includes the muscles of the forehead.

It could be either an hypertrophy of these muscles or you're naturally contracting them more even when you're resting your face, there are many bodybuilders who have shit posture because they workout their muscles so much that they get "rigid" and maintains the person with that posture, so the same could probably happen with the muscles on the forehead.

Could be a mix of everything as well too

• Love it
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, MrGlutton and SayNoToRotting
will for sure read this bhai

Very very high IQ mate
I believe so. He described the theory a few months back in a thread in the Looksmaxxing section I believe. It may have been posted during your break.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
If there really was a change on your brow ridge, which I doubt it was a change in bone morphology tbh, it could've been a soft-tissue change. Biting on the front teeth require more strength, which means there will be more muscle contraction

whenever you bite something that is harder than normal you'll tend to contract most facial muscles

man-eating-croissan-biting-hard-likes-french-dessert-isolated-white-background-man-eating-croissan-113658961.jpg

and this includes the muscles of the forehead.

It could be either an hypertrophy of these muscles or you're naturally contracting them more even when you're resting your face, there are many bodybuilders who have shit posture because they workout their muscles so much that they get "rigid" and maintains the person with that posture, so the same could probably happen with the muscles on the forehead.

Could be a mix of everything as well too
My browridge certainly swells up after a pump, so I take this explanation into consideration.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
as always, no pics no care

I appreciate your effort at least
No, from what I have observed you simply want my attention at all costs. Like an annoying mosquito.

your supraorbital rim growing is natural.

it will continue to grow with other facial bones into the mid 20s

i do stress that intense mastication can somehow effect the brow-ridge to a minor degree

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Jagged0, Deleted member 3962 and 2 others
Hmm yeees. Bump this thread for no reason I must.

how come every single person that claims that chewing changed them for the better has no pictures
and the people who claim it changed them for the worse have proof lmfao
it will literally create holes in ur teeth and give u craniofacial deformities if u chew for long periods of time
also arent u 5'8?

how come every single person that claims that chewing changed them for the better has no pictures
it will literally create holes in ur teeth and give u craniofacial deformities if u chew for long periods of time
also arent u 5'8?
You guys are not supposed to take my word for it, but merely to shower me with attention.

My mandible is recessed and narrow I think cuz I got crowding. So legit LIFEFUEL

I only chew 30 min falim every other day cuz I’m real scared of getting a squashed jaw like some lookism ppl
also arent u 5'8?
MrNoseyNose lookism
@Salludon
Jamo lookism
Matt Stonie

F1D51125 49DA 4149 8B5F 59C4A94C15B8

Is there a way to chew as to only hypertrophy this green area?

if my midface gets any wider my fwhr will be too high.

if not, could you inject kybella in the red area and it wouldnt affect green area?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
View attachment 199517

if not, could you inject kybella in the red area and it wouldnt affect green area?
NO SUCH THING AS A FWHR TOO HIGH IN HUMAN POSSIBILITY SON

How did you chew buddy ?

View attachment 199517

If that's you then you have nothing to worry about because the facial ratios are utterly normal.

And yes, there is a chewing method customized to your wishes, and it's called regular back teeth chewing.
if not, could you inject kybella
Don't know what that is

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962 and IndianJock
chewing wore down my molars, gave me TMJ and hypertrophied not only my masseters but my temporalis. given my shit tier bizygomatic breadth i now look bloated and subhuman

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962 and MrGlutton
chewing wore down my molars, gave me TMJ and hypertrophied not only my masseters but my temporalis. given my shit tier bizygomatic breadth i now look bloated and subhuman
don't care but lets have sex anyway

My mandible is recessed and narrow I think cuz I got crowding. So legit LIFEFUEL

I only chew 30 min falim every other day cuz I’m real scared of getting a squashed jaw like some lookism ppl

MrNoseyNose lookism
@Salludon
Jamo lookism
Matt Stonie

Is that you in your AVI?

BRUHHH DEADASS LMFAOO :LAUGHING_CRYING_EMOJI: