Cheekbone Implants Problems

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
i've encountered results like this, basically you can feel the implant from the outside and it's uncanny. even though it placed correctly, especially under the eye area is problematic as far as i see.

so, if there is a mild hollow on the under eye, should we avoid that part and only focus on zygos to enhance with implants?

@RealSurgerymax @Cardiologyscribe @Saiyan

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5799, Gaia262 and Pumanator
why do these idiots get implants at like 20% bodyfat, fucking hell

• +1
Reactions: Ukcel1388, Deleted member 9670, aBetterMii and 5 others
Would like you to post the actual picture here, but well

Would like you to post the actual picture here, but well
there was another case like this, i'll share when i find. basically implant looks like poking it out

O

there was another case like this, i'll share when i find. basically implant looks like poking it out

View attachment 1414182
I have seen the same kinda result from another user here who had jaw + cheekbones implants from epply. From the side they were really prominent. I think epply designs big implants, but I am pretty sure his customer asks him to design those for him, so he just delivers.
It was @Win200 who had epplys implant.

Another user here who went to pagnoni got good results, however the picture are hard to review. I think epply design really big implants.

I also wonder what is the difference between the outcome of zso and implants. Perhaps someone here got good before and afters.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
Omg, and this from the god himself, Eppley

Should've went to Giant Implants!

What the actual fuck is going on there
patient tells this : "Eppley placed one implant too low leaving a nub visibly protruding from my cheek. I returned for revision a month later, for, as the paperwork says, a "left cheek implant adjustment". "

i encountered problems like this on realself and other website. apparently, not that uncommon problem.

1 star review on the site

"
I had jaw and cheek implants done in 2018. I also had otoplasty to pin back ears and reduce the height of long lobes. The work was mediocre at best with pronounced scarring on my left earlobe. My treatment surrounding the left cheek implant was unacceptable.

To give a little background the sales pitch of this office, their focus, is custom implants. Eppley sells them as very effective because they are fabricated using scans of your actual bone. If placed well they are supposed to fit near perfectly. Unlike previous generation (and fairly less expensive) implants which had small medium and large sizes these new-gen implants are 3d printed to be patient-specific. Good pitch, and likely true. However the kicker with implants is they have to be placed properly. Mine were not.

Eppley placed one implant too low leaving a nub visibly protruding from my cheek
. I returned for revision a month later, for, as the paperwork says, a "left cheek implant adjustment". I went to the "adjustment" fully expecting my implant would be repositioned. After all it was custom to my skull and so the visible protrusion presumably meant it wasn't placed correctly. In our brief, perhaps 2 minute, pre-surgical talk Eppley asked me to point out the nub saying "I think I know what you're talking about but I want to be sure". (I found this gaslighty as it was clearly visible.) I did and he put his finger on it agreeing that he could feel the implant poking. My next memory is after surgery and him asking if I could still feel the implant poking. I still could so he put me back under. (Is waking people for a loopy anesthesia chat then knocking them right back out normal/ethical/safe?) After waking up a second time it was mentioned to me that the implant had been "trimmed". He did not attempt to reposition the implant but simply cut some away in the first revision surgery and more in the second revision removing a good chunk of the implant. The philosophy seems to be put the implant kinda close to where it's supposed to go and cut away any inconvenient protrusions the poor placement causes. I WAS NOT TOLD prior to "adjustment" that his plan was to cut away as much of the implant as it took. If told my OBVIOUS response would be to ask why cutting and not repositioning the implant was the way to go. Ponder the ego and flippancy and deceit of someone who doesn't feel they should tell you what they plan to do inside your own face.

After three surgeries I'm left with an implant that's too low and incomplete. Eppley is fond of saying "wounds are not zippers" though he carelessly treated mine like one leading to some feeling loss in my left cheek. There's a hollow on my left side by the outer edge of my eye whereas it's filled in on the right side. The orbital rim augmentation I paid for was simply removed without consent.

After the implant was cut I had notable asymmetry in eye shape (as well as on the zygomatic arch) but tried to let it go and get on with life. a month ago after quietly seething for 2.5 years and losing some weight which made the poor work more visible I contacted them to say I wanted to replace the damaged implant.

After 3 emails and 2 weeks the response: "Dr. Eppley has reviewed the details of your case and he doesn't feel confident that he can surgically achieve the aesthetic outcome you desire. We wish you the best of luck."

I didn't ask for any "aesthetic outcome". I simply wanted something approaching the pre surgical imaging. After I shared my anger Cindy the office mgr called to say that Eppley is offering to pay for the implant but I should find someone else to do the replacement surgery. So to clarify he feels his accountability extends to the $1000 piece of silicon, not the $20k replacement surgery.

I've asked a dozen times why he cut the implant rather than to reposition it. They won't answer. The best I can get from Cindy is boilerplate "The dr always does what he feels is right".

I've posted a pic of the protrusion visible after the first surgery. I've posted my pre-surgical imaging with perfectly placed implants in blue. Eppley regularly uses this pre-surgical imaging as advertising in lieu of real "after" photos/scans. Their story for this lack of photos is their patients being somehow more private than those of other surgeons who have hundreds of impressive before/afters. The scan is my result. The jaw implants are a bit wonky with pronounced step-offs. The left cheek implant has a chunk missing which was treated as disposable despite it being a key design feature. This causes asymmetric eye shape and negates the high cheek bone look Eppley has made a key facet of his business.

In hindsight my surgical experience matches the pre-surgical. After promising three implant design sessions he was pressuring me to sign off on the design after just one. Prepare for a production line feel. There's a reason he's cheaper than doctors Binder, Dhir, and Diamond in LA."

1 star review on the site

"
I had jaw and cheek implants done in 2018. I also had otoplasty to pin back ears and reduce the height of long lobes. The work was mediocre at best with pronounced scarring on my left earlobe. My treatment surrounding the left cheek implant was unacceptable.

To give a little background the sales pitch of this office, their focus, is custom implants. Eppley sells them as very effective because they are fabricated using scans of your actual bone. If placed well they are supposed to fit near perfectly. Unlike previous generation (and fairly less expensive) implants which had small medium and large sizes these new-gen implants are 3d printed to be patient-specific. Good pitch, and likely true. However the kicker with implants is they have to be placed properly. Mine were not.

Eppley placed one implant too low leaving a nub visibly protruding from my cheek
. I returned for revision a month later, for, as the paperwork says, a "left cheek implant adjustment". I went to the "adjustment" fully expecting my implant would be repositioned. After all it was custom to my skull and so the visible protrusion presumably meant it wasn't placed correctly. In our brief, perhaps 2 minute, pre-surgical talk Eppley asked me to point out the nub saying "I think I know what you're talking about but I want to be sure". (I found this gaslighty as it was clearly visible.) I did and he put his finger on it agreeing that he could feel the implant poking. My next memory is after surgery and him asking if I could still feel the implant poking. I still could so he put me back under. (Is waking people for a loopy anesthesia chat then knocking them right back out normal/ethical/safe?) After waking up a second time it was mentioned to me that the implant had been "trimmed". He did not attempt to reposition the implant but simply cut some away in the first revision surgery and more in the second revision removing a good chunk of the implant. The philosophy seems to be put the implant kinda close to where it's supposed to go and cut away any inconvenient protrusions the poor placement causes. I WAS NOT TOLD prior to "adjustment" that his plan was to cut away as much of the implant as it took. If told my OBVIOUS response would be to ask why cutting and not repositioning the implant was the way to go. Ponder the ego and flippancy and deceit of someone who doesn't feel they should tell you what they plan to do inside your own face.

After three surgeries I'm left with an implant that's too low and incomplete. Eppley is fond of saying "wounds are not zippers" though he carelessly treated mine like one leading to some feeling loss in my left cheek. There's a hollow on my left side by the outer edge of my eye whereas it's filled in on the right side. The orbital rim augmentation I paid for was simply removed without consent.

After the implant was cut I had notable asymmetry in eye shape (as well as on the zygomatic arch) but tried to let it go and get on with life. a month ago after quietly seething for 2.5 years and losing some weight which made the poor work more visible I contacted them to say I wanted to replace the damaged implant.

After 3 emails and 2 weeks the response: "Dr. Eppley has reviewed the details of your case and he doesn't feel confident that he can surgically achieve the aesthetic outcome you desire. We wish you the best of luck."

I didn't ask for any "aesthetic outcome". I simply wanted something approaching the pre surgical imaging. After I shared my anger Cindy the office mgr called to say that Eppley is offering to pay for the implant but I should find someone else to do the replacement surgery. So to clarify he feels his accountability extends to the $1000 piece of silicon, not the $20k replacement surgery.

I've asked a dozen times why he cut the implant rather than to reposition it. They won't answer. The best I can get from Cindy is boilerplate "The dr always does what he feels is right".

I've posted a pic of the protrusion visible after the first surgery. I've posted my pre-surgical imaging with perfectly placed implants in blue. Eppley regularly uses this pre-surgical imaging as advertising in lieu of real "after" photos/scans. Their story for this lack of photos is their patients being somehow more private than those of other surgeons who have hundreds of impressive before/afters. The scan is my result. The jaw implants are a bit wonky with pronounced step-offs. The left cheek implant has a chunk missing which was treated as disposable despite it being a key design feature. This causes asymmetric eye shape and negates the high cheek bone look Eppley has made a key facet of his business.

In hindsight my surgical experience matches the pre-surgical. After promising three implant design sessions he was pressuring me to sign off on the design after just one. Prepare for a production line feel. There's a reason he's cheaper than doctors Binder, Dhir, and Diamond in LA."
I honestly dont know how I could react if something like this happened to me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14978
D562291B 44FF 4E19 8534 4ECCAC5D9B80
I’m going to Pagnoni

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish