Cheekbones - Dimorphism

Deleted member 5892

Deleted member 5892

Requested ban, I'll be back soon
Id like to clarify a few things regarding cheekbones, in response to these 2 threads that I came across

In the 1st thread, OP says that flat cheekbones are ideal because according to him they're more masculine. Well, I disagree with that and here's why:
First of all, let's talk about Brad Pitt's supposed "flat cheekbones".

Brad pitt has strong cheekbones, they just look flat-ish because he has very strong lateral orbital rims as well. His lateral orbital rims are almost aligned with the vertical plane passing through the zygo and the browridge (take a look at the right picture). So, he's got a good cheekbone support, BUT his insane lateral orbital rims make them look flatter. And I'm aware that wide temples can provide the same effect (in a few cases), but what matters is to at least give the illusion of projecting lateral orbit. rims.
Brad pitt attends the premiere of 20th century foxs  square 1
4 20 3 22 5 43 23m

The same thing applies to Harry styles, Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth. Let's take Tom Holland. See how when I set back his lateral orbital rim, his cheekbones look so much more prominent ? Yeah, it's an optical illusion.

Image 1

We all know that the vertical position of the cheekbones is a dimorphic feature -> High set = masculine, low set = feminine.

But there's more than that. Projecting lateral/supra orbital rims relative to the zygos are a masculine feature as well. But that doesn't mean that flat cheekbones are ideal. In fact, flat cheekbones (and bone recession in general) is a neotenous feature. By the way, a neotenous feature is a feature that remind us of babies, which is not to be mistaken with feminine features which remind us of girls/women. Neoteny and femininity are both related but very different. Women have, on average, features that are more neotenous, but not all neotenous features are desired in women (a flat nose bridge or sparse eyebrows for example).
I haven't seen anyone talk about the prominence of lateral and supra orbitals relative to the zygomatic arch when assessing facial dimorphism.
Btw, I will make a huge megathread where I will talk about the fundamental differences between neoteny and dimorphism maybe in a few days (you will learn that strictly neotenous features are worse than strictly feminine features in men, for example).

Office characters snapchat child filter fb37 png  700

This guy altered his face with an app, making him look like a child. Notice how sparse eyebrows or a flat nose/lack of facial depth are neotenous features, but they're not desired in females.

Babies have recessed bone structures with a lot of fat on their faces & hypertrophied buccinators (chubby cheeks), giving them an "inverted" ogee curve. Men and women both typically have upturned ogee curves (because well developed adults have more bone mass and are more robust. This is exactly why facial depth might be the most important aspect of a face, it is "anti-neotenous").
An inverted ogee curve can ONLY happen when a person has a combination of high bodyfat with/without a recessed zygomatic arch. So, flat cheekbones are neotenous. Prominent cheekbones are what I would call "anti-neotenous". Men and women are both supposed to have prominent cheekbones, but men must have even more prominent supra and lateral orbitals to look more masculine.

278029074 674471900484262 1782314064146355476 n

Let's take a look at this surgical result. This guy got cheekbone implants. Here's a more ideal version of the surgical outcome on the right picture (it's a morph). I moved his supra and lateral orbital rims forward.
This means that, for any of you guys who want to get cheekbone implants, you might need to include lateral and upper portions of the orbits in your custom design.

P 21
P 21 1

Just use this line of reference (the vertical line), and make sure that the zygo point does not go beyond this line.

4 20 3 22 5 43 23m

As for how to measure the amount of lateral orbital rim projection (compared to the zygo/supra), I will use what I call the zygofrontal angle (I named it like that because the zygofrontal bone is located there). If you disregard the vertical positions of the Sm and Z points, the magnitude of the zygofrontal angle will indicate the amount of projection of the lateral orb. rim (relative to the Sm and Z points). The more projected, the higher the angle (and inversely). I still haven't tested it out yet, but I wanted to wait until I could at least gather some data by studying chad faces and then make a statistical analysis.

4 20 3 22 5 43 23m 1

Attachments

• image.webp
    53 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, Debetro, Mateusz74 and 17 others
nice thread, saving for when i get zygo implants, anyone know based surgeons with good b&f’s?

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, FrenchChad and Deleted member 5892
2542889_20190403_162431-1.gif

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Hikicel69, Deleted member 19281 and 6 others
in my experience, as long as ur cheekbones exists ur good

as long as they aren't 404 things like eye jaw and jaw matter much more
Everything matters. Theres no such thing as a feature that matters more than another (for all humans)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19281, Deleted member and Deleted member 18568
Everything matters. Theres no such thing as a feature that matters more than another (for all humans)
Everything matters but some matter more. Eye,hair,lower third.

I have female Cheekbones then :lul::lul:

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I have female Cheekbones then :lul::lul:
You can have feminine features and still look masculine if you possess other masculine/anti-neotenous features tho
Almost every GL guy has at least 1 fem feature

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Mewton, Deleted member 16834 and 2 others
Everything matters but some matter more. Eye,hair,lower third.
Mmm Im not sure. Id like to agree with you but i strongly believe in harmony, that everything depends on one another. So i dont like to compare features

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
You can have feminine features and still look masculine if you possess other masculine/anti-neotenous features tho
Almost every GL guy has at least 1 fem feature
Idk , tell me I look more fem or masc of my Cheekbones are low
Screenshot 20220416 1354532
Screenshot 20220217 1201012

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member
You look ultra masc
I told you your failos before i think
Face is too wide, thats it. If your face was less wide, youd be super good looking

i disagree

It's the width of the bizygomatic that makes the bigonial look smaller

In other words birdcel has a decently wide jaw but the cheekbone width make the bizygo to bigonail ratio too feminine

i disagree

It's the width of the bizygomatic that makes the bigonial look smaller

In other words birdcel has a decently wide jaw but the cheekbone width make the bizygo to bigonail ratio too feminine
Thats literally what i said boyo
His face is too wide. Face width = bizygo width

Thats literally what i said boyo
His face is too wide. Face width = bizygo width

yeah i agree with that part but taking into account the cheekbone width i disagree that his face is "ultra masc"

yeah i agree with that part but taking into account the cheekbone width i disagree that his face is "ultra masc"
His face is ultra masc, thats just a fact
You can be ultra masc with a fem feature
Most people dont have the amount of facial dimorphism that he has

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9467
His face is ultra masc, thats just a fact
You can be ultra masc with a fem feature
Most people dont have the amount of facial dimorphism that he has

yeah alr I see what ur saying

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5892
Id like to clarify a few things regarding cheekbones, in response to these 2 threads that I came across

In the 1st thread, OP says that flat cheekbones are ideal because according to him they're more masculine. Well, I disagree with that and here's why:

Brad pitt has strong cheekbones, they just look flat-ish because he has very strong lateral orbital rims as well. His lateral orbital rims are almost aligned with the vertical plane passing through the zygo and the browridge (take a look at the right picture). So, he's got a good cheekbone support, BUT his insane lateral orbital rims make them look flatter. And I'm aware that wide temples can provide the same effect (in a few cases), but what matters is to at least give the illusion of projecting lateral orbit. rims.
View attachment 1639891View attachment 1639863

The same thing applies to Harry styles, Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth. Let's take Tom Holland. See how when I set back his lateral orbital rim, his cheekbones look so much more prominent ? Yeah, it's an optical illusion.

View attachment 1639959View attachment 1639911

We all know that the vertical position of the cheekbones is a dimorphic feature -> High set = masculine, low set = feminine.

But there's more than that. Projecting lateral/supra orbital rims relative to the zygos are a masculine feature as well. But that doesn't mean that flat cheekbones are ideal. In fact, flat cheekbones (and bone recession in general) is a neotenous feature. By the way, a neotenous feature is a feature that remind us of babies, which is not to be mistaken with feminine features which remind us of girls/women. Neoteny and femininity are both related but very different. Women have, on average, features that are more neotenous, but not all neotenous features are desired in women (a flat nose bridge or sparse eyebrows for example).
I haven't seen anyone talk about the prominence of lateral and supra orbitals relative to the zygomatic arch when assessing facial dimorphism.
Btw, I will make a huge megathread where I will talk about the fundamental differences between neoteny and dimorphism maybe in a few days (you will learn that strictly neotenous features are worse than strictly feminine features in men, for example).

View attachment 1639902
This guy altered his face with an app, making him look like a child. Notice how sparse eyebrows or a flat nose/lack of facial depth are neotenous features, but they're not desired in females.

Babies have recessed bone structures with a lot of fat on their faces & hypertrophied buccinators (chubby cheeks), giving them an "inverted" ogee curve. Men and women both typically have upturned ogee curves (because well developed adults have more bone mass and are more robust. This is exactly why facial depth might be the most important aspect of a face, it is "anti-neotenous").
An inverted ogee curve can ONLY happen when a person has a combination of high bodyfat with/without a recessed zygomatic arch. So, flat cheekbones are neotenous. Prominent cheekbones are what I would call "anti-neotenous". Men and women are both supposed to have prominent cheekbones, but men must have even more prominent supra and lateral orbitals to look more masculine.

View attachment 1639917

Let's take a look at this surgical result. This guy got cheekbone implants. Here's a more ideal version of the surgical outcome on the right picture (it's a morph). I moved his supra and lateral orbital rims forward.
This means that, for any of you guys who want to get cheekbone implants, you might need to include lateral and upper portions of the orbits in your custom design.

View attachment 1639934View attachment 1639943

Just use this line of reference (the vertical line), and make sure that the zygo point does not go beyond this line.

View attachment 1639863

As for how to measure the amount of lateral orbital rim projection (compared to the zygo/supra), I will use what I call the zygofrontal angle (I named it like that because the zygofrontal bone is located there). If you disregard the vertical positions of the Sm and Z points, the magnitude of the zygofrontal angle will indicate the amount of projection of the lateral orb. rim (relative to the Sm and Z points). The more projected, the higher the angle (and inversely). I still haven't tested it out yet, but I wanted to wait until I could at least gather some data by studying chad faces and then make a statistical analysis.

View attachment 1639948
Great thread

Knew you were a very knowledgable user with your opening posts on this forum

What causes prominent supra/lateral orbitals and cheekbones btw would you say?

View attachment 1639891View attachment 1639863

View attachment 1639959View attachment 1639911

View attachment 1639902

View attachment 1639917

View attachment 1639934View attachment 1639943

View attachment 1639863

View attachment 1639948
dude i need your help pls dm

• +1
looked better before the implants. dude just looks like a gay alien now wht is this autism

• +1
Great thread

Knew you were a very knowledgable user with your opening posts on this forum

What causes prominent supra/lateral orbitals and cheekbones btw would you say?
Im not sure really. Theres ethnicity I guess, and probably hormones (but I don't know much about the exact causes tbh
Btw, I'm gonna ask you for another ban if that's cool with you, I'm gonna have to leave again (I've got way too much fucking work this year and this site is distracting me). Is it cool if I pm u ?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
You can see his cheekbones more clearly in this pic

Xcheekbones

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371