Chewing increases gonial angle

change the habit of your children
and it will grow like his genetics would let him
and the genetics should be fine

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x
This bone grows and becomes visible under the soft tissue. They are commonly seen in patients who clench or grind their teeth. Exostosis of the maxilla and/or mandible may be the result of bruxism.

An exostosis, also known as bone spur, is the formation of new bone on the surface of a bone
Its funny because bruxism decreases with age
sure if ur teeth grinding 24/7 all of ur life it may increase gonial angle a bit

change the habit of your children
and it will grow like his genetics would let him
and the genetics should be fine
yeah sure
if i go to the rainforest now im sure i will develop a neanderthal frame

• JFL
Reactions: Mr.cope and hairyballscel
Becomes thicker,more dense to resist that
its seen trough a dexa scan
how big is the change irl? debatable
they play tennis in their whole life tho
yes but imagine the extremely little amount of force their using to hit a fucking tennis ball, it doesn't take much

mastic gum is extremely tough and will remodel your mandible in the space of a year

• JFL
I am talking about children
you still cant go back in time
you wont get the same results
and the bruxism posted is funny because you think its all bone while
this girl had only jaw muscle treatment they didnt touched the bone
Slimming4

im not arguing that you cant get a bigger masseter muscle if u chew hard cum

• +1
Reactions: Mr.cope
yes but imagine the extremely little amount of force their using to hit a fucking tennis ball, it doesn't take much

mastic gum is extremely tough and will remodel your mandible in the space of a year
"little amount of force"
have u ever played tennis?
arm muscles can become much bigger than messeters so obviously it will be more appearent

exactly lol, proves her muscles had a great effect on her bone and the importance of jaw muscles and how it can influence bone

"little amount of force"
have u ever played tennis?
yes nigga lol, okay i was capping with "little amount of force" but chew for 15 minutes with mastic gum, your jaw will fucking ache

• +1
Reactions: ObamasLastName
View attachment 541698

I am still saying, that you can help children to achieve great results.
I am not saying that adults would have massive changes, I think in this point we have the same thinking.
But I still think you can achieve minor changes, especially with good diet. And minor changes can lead do big changes in the percetion

Why would you want your gonial angle to increase jfl

Becase we eat less and less hard food trough generations
maybe if u start chewing at the age 5 you can change your jaw bone thickness a little bit thats it
and that doesnt mean that its aesthetically becomes better
It’s starting to become inheritable, a weak jaw, but it’s the environment and diet that still plays a factor in having good teeth and a good jaw without any need for orthodontics

• +1
exactly lol, proves her muscles had a great effect on her bone and the importance of jaw muscles and how it can influence bone

View attachment 541704
her gonial angle wasnt even low
it was just the messeter hypotrophy which caused her jaw to look robust
look at the after picture when they normalised it
her jaw became below average
you can alter your jaw bone a little bit if u chew as a kid im not arguing that
how apperant and how good looking will it be is debatable

• +1
Reactions: Mr.cope and hairyballscel
I am still saying, that you can help children to achieve great results.
I am not saying that adults would have massive changes, I think in this point we have the same thinking.
But I still think you can achieve minor changes, especially with good diet. And minor changes can lead do big changes in the percetion
im pretty sure you had a point where u said that with chewing you can achieve fucking primitive tribe like facial structure

It’s starting to become inheritable, a weak jaw, but it’s the environment and diet that still plays a factor in having good teeth and a good jaw without any need for orthodontics
pretty much
humans evolve i could literally mention hundreds of things which became weaker as modern humans evolved

WE are talking ABOUT TWO GENERATIONS
TWO

that are 50 years

And you are telling us that our genetic facial structural information changes
And that the enviroment has no role
I have nothing to say
Environmental changes to body are like 100,000 years or possibly more

im pretty sure you had a point where u said that with chewing you can achieve fucking primitive tribe like facial structure
Yeah, if you start with a young age...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hairyballscel, Good_Little_Goy and goat2x
her gonial angle wasnt even low
it was just the messeter hypotrophy which caused her jaw to look robust
look at the after picture when they normalised it
her jaw became below average
you can alter your jaw bone a little bit if u chew as a kid im not arguing that
how apperant and how good looking will it be is debatable
A significant association was found between mandibular shape and muscle CSAs(masseter muscles), i.e. larger CSAs are associated with a wider more trapezoidal ramus, more massive coronoid, more rectangular body and a more curved basal arch

Retrodiction of masticatory muscle force and so of mandibular loading is therefore best based on overall mandibular shape.

This study was done on 382 adults

-Human mandibular shape is associated with masticatory muscle force

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and DaGullas
96d 17h 49m
-> still fag
you are utterly retarded
kick ur child out to the rainforest lets see if he develops an ape frame ok?
A significant association was found between mandibular shape and muscle CSAs(masseter muscles), i.e. larger CSAs are associated with a wider more trapezoidal ramus, more massive coronoid, more rectangular body and a more curved basal arch

Retrodiction of masticatory muscle force and so of mandibular loading is therefore best based on overall mandibular shape.

how is that related to adult chewing changing bone?
LOL

how is that related to adult chewing changing bone?
i didn't say it was just letting you know lol in case you were curious, some ppl thought the study was a simulation when it was first posted here but it was actual head ct scans

but it proves that the masseter muscle has a massive influence on the gonial angle, manidble and ramus, my left masseter is bigger than my right and my ramus is longer on that side,

wolffs law doesn't stop working at age 18, nor does the bone remodelling process, it will get harder as you age but it will still work

i didn't say it was just letting you know lol in case you were curious, some ppl thought the study was a simulation when it was first posted here but it was actual head ct scans

but it proves that the masseter muscle has a massive influence on the gonial angle, manidble and ramus, my left masseter is bigger than my right and my ramus is longer on that side,

wolffs law doesn't stop working at age 18, nor does the bone remodelling process, it will get harder as you age but it will still work
do you know that it can be because of genetics/testosterone levels(which is genetic too) right?lol
it doesnt stop working at 18 but it requires far more force
you cant get a more forward grown jaw, wider jaw bone by chewing

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel

like the wollfs law says maybe you can get a change where the muscle attaches to the bone aka gonial angle

• +1

Of course but it doesn’t mean it looks good
Muscles get bigger when you use them
Looks like shit and he looks bloated
Left is from chewing/clenching
Right is from botox treatment

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel, Good_Little_Goy and goat2x
post the studies
its not the ones I was thinking of but it says the same thing.

“In the present study we found that a period of 7 months with low masticatory demands in the hypofunctional group during adolescence and early adulthood had a significant effect on the lateral shape of the rat mandible”

“In vivo micro-computed tomography (micro-CT) analysis showed that mechanical load onto the jawbone by the HD affected its shape, in the way that predicted by the computer simulation. The simulation also indicated that these morphological changes redistributed the mechanical stress generated in the bone by the HD, indicating that jawbone is able to adapt its shape to changes in mechanical force.”

“Here, the relationship between global mandibular shape variation and subsistence economy is tested, while controlling for the potentially confounding effects of shared population history, geography, and climate. The results demonstrate that the mandible, in contrast to the cranium, significantly reflects subsistence strategy rather than neutral genetic patterns, with hunter-gatherers having consistently longer and narrower mandibles than agriculturalists. These results support notions that a decrease in masticatory stress among agriculturalists causes the mandible to grow and develop differently.”

this goes exactly against what you were saying about the changes between hunter gatherer jaws and agriculturalist jaws being genetic

• +1
Reactions: DaGullas and hairyballscel
i mean you refer to the studies done with mice
but mice's bones are different then humans its far easier to change it
you cant expect us to show studies where they feed children exclusively soft or hard diets like rats and shit

there are studies showing the same things in humans just in a less direct way

• +1
I dont understand how no one sees how bloated his face looks
Probably because its low quality i guess
so? are u seriously gonna argue he lost weight?

do you know that it can be because of genetics/testosterone levels(which is genetic too) right?lol
it doesnt stop working at 18 but it requires far more force
you cant get a more forward grown jaw, wider jaw bone by chewing
yes of course there are studies showing testosterone can increase ramus length, im not denying that but your greatly downplaying the importance of chewing/mechanical loading

and i will get a wider jaw bone by chewing,

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
its not the ones I was thinking of but it says the same thing.

“In the present study we found that a period of 7 months with low masticatory demands in the hypofunctional group during adolescence and early adulthood had a significant effect on the lateral shape of the rat mandible”

“In vivo micro-computed tomography (micro-CT) analysis showed that mechanical load onto the jawbone by the HD affected its shape, in the way that predicted by the computer simulation. The simulation also indicated that these morphological changes redistributed the mechanical stress generated in the bone by the HD, indicating that jawbone is able to adapt its shape to changes in mechanical force.”

“Here, the relationship between global mandibular shape variation and subsistence economy is tested, while controlling for the potentially confounding effects of shared population history, geography, and climate. The results demonstrate that the mandible, in contrast to the cranium, significantly reflects subsistence strategy rather than neutral genetic patterns, with hunter-gatherers having consistently longer and narrower mandibles than agriculturalists. These results support notions that a decrease in masticatory stress among agriculturalists causes the mandible to grow and develop differently.”

this goes exactly against what you were saying about the changes between hunter gatherer jaws and agriculturalist jaws being genetic
"in rat studies"
i already said that you can maybe change your jaw a little bit if u chew hard since childhood
is it aesthetic debatable and its irl appeal isnt that significant
its more signifcant in dexa scans

how is the second study disproves my theory LOL
if anything it disproves the whole hard chewing theory LOL

• Hmm...
View attachment 541698

She looks waaaaaaaaaay better on the first pic.

so? are u seriously gonna argue he lost weight?
Nah he just chewed and his jaw muscles are bigger
That’s why he looks like a Minecraft block instead of this

• +1
The results demonstrate that the mandible, in contrast to the cranium, significantly reflects subsistence strategy rather than neutral genetic patterns

The results demonstrate that the mandible, in contrast to the cranium, significantly reflects subsistence strategy rather than neutral genetic patterns
LOL
thats just disproves the whole "muh tribe bigger messeters hard chew" theory

• +1
"in rat studies"
i already said that you can maybe change your jaw a little bit if u chew hard since childhood
is it aesthetic debatable and its irl appeal isnt that significant
its more signifcant in dexa scans

if anything it disproves the whole hard chewing theory LOL
Like I say there aren’t any studies where they give children control diets and shit you can’t expect there to be.

how does the second study disprove the chewing theory at all?

and then you conveniently disregard the last research article which goes against everything you said about changes in human jaws over time.

Like I say there aren’t any studies where they give children control diets and shit you can’t expect there to be.

and then you conveniently disregard the last research article which goes against everything you said about changes in human jaws over time.
then ur first research is irrelevant i already said that you can expect little changes in children

i meant the last study

• JFL

Those changes likely came from diet, as previous studies have suggested. Hunter-gatherers needed big, strong jaws to chew the uncooked vegetables and meat that often made up their menu. Early farmers, on the other hand, had a softer diet, consuming cooked foods like beans and cereals that didn’t demand such a high level of mouth strength. Over time, as jaws became smaller in response to these dietary changes, teeth didn’t follow suit, remaining around the same size. This likely directly led to the problem of adequate mouth real estate so common today. We've got modern jaws but a potentially outdated number of teeth.

like i said, the bottom guy over did it
he

"Our analysis shows that the lower jaws of the world's earliest farmers in the Levant, are not simply smaller versions of those of the predecessor hunter-gatherers, but that the lower jaw underwent a complex series of shape changes commensurate with the transition to agriculture."

• +1
you cant expect us to show studies where they feed children exclusively soft or hard diets like rats and shit

there are studies showing the same things in humans just in a less direct way
i can send u 10-20 studies which concludes that jaws become weaker due to human evolution btw