COLORED CONTACT LENSES DANGERS! GTFIH

FutureSlayer

FutureSlayer

Connelly-lite wife by 2030 or rope
Over the past few years, I've worn various brands of these lenses like Solothica, Anesthesia, Desio etc

All of these online brands coloured contacts are made of polymacon.
Polymacon lenses are made from a type of 80s hydrogel that's not as breathable as newer materials like silicone hydrogel.

This means that less oxygen gets to your cornea, which can lead to dryness and even more serious complications over time.

Eventually, I developed chronic dry eye, angiogenesis (ugly af) and had a couple of minor corneal abrasions. My optometrist told me that prolonged use of low-oxygen lenses like these was the cause which lead me to further research:

If you're thinking about using polymacon lenses, especially colored ones, I'd strongly recommend being cautious.

Make sure you get them from a reputable source (absolutely NOT from temu and similar), absolutely DON’T SLEEP IN THEM EVEN ONE SINGLE TIME and don’t exceed 6 hours max.

@Amnesia @funkyflamingo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nietzsche, halloweed, funkyflamingo and 3 others
Sleeping in contacts are scientifically proven to hurt more than burning alive.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: wastedspermcel, sayi, MA_ascender and 6 others
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: nietzsche, sayi and asdvek
just wear them on dates/to club

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
  • JFL
Reactions: nietzsche, geenk worg and Jonnyboi
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: nietzsche and Arcturus
I ordered just4kira lenses their material is Hema (Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate) is a popular material used in the manufacture of contact lenses.

What brands sell silicon hydrogel and how do you know if it’s made from it

• +1
Reactions: zeta420
I ordered just4kira lenses their material is Hema (Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate) is a popular material used in the manufacture of contact lenses.
Is that the safe one?

Bruh I want to wear it longer than 6 hours

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus and RapeAllFemales
Damn, this is actually incredibly concerning. I have been using polymacon colored lenses for a while now, definitely over 6 hours a day too. Hopefully my eyes don't get fucked as a result. It's like the one thing I'm not willing to lose tbh

• +1
Reactions: goo25 and FutureSlayer
Damn, this is actually incredibly concerning. I have been using polymacon colored lenses for a while now, definitely over 6 hours a day too. Hopefully my eyes don't get fucked as a result. It's like the one thing I'm not willing to lose tbh
I have to resort to Air Optix Colors now... definitely shitty af aesthetic but i can't destroy my eyes anymore I've risked too much already, my left eye is not hydrating anymore and it's full of big ass blood vessels

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: halloweed and Arcturus
I have to resort to Air Optix Colors now... definitely shitty af aesthetic but i can't destroy my eyes anymore I've risked too much already, my left eye is not hydrating anymore and it's full of big ass blood vessels
goddamn man. And the funny thing is that sites like solotica claim to be "muh FDA approved" with no evidence of them ever being so

Thank you for the thread, even if the lenses are actually FDA approved. From now on I'll definitely wear my lenses only up to 6 hours a day max

• +1
Reactions: halloweed and FutureSlayer
U cant beat nature do aajonus vonderplanitz diet and work with nature

goddamn man. And the funny thing is that sites like solotica claim to be "muh FDA approved" with no evidence of them ever being so

Thank you for the thread, even if the lenses are actually FDA approved. From now on I'll definitely wear my lenses only up to 6 hours a day max
Yeah crazy how that material is literally stone age technology and every eye doctor knows while these brands are not shamed on the internet

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus
Over the past few years, I've worn various brands of these lenses like Solothica, Anesthesia, Desio etc

Polymacon lenses are made from a type of 80s hydrogel that's not as breathable as newer materials like silicone hydrogel.

This means that less oxygen gets to your cornea, which can lead to dryness and even more serious complications over time.

Eventually, I developed chronic dry eye, angiogenesis (ugly af) and had a couple of minor corneal abrasions. My optometrist told me that prolonged use of low-oxygen lenses like these was the cause which lead me to further research:

If you're thinking about using polymacon lenses, especially colored ones, I'd strongly recommend being cautious.

Make sure you get them from a reputable source (absolutely NOT from temu and similar), absolutely DON’T SLEEP IN THEM EVEN ONE SINGLE TIME and don’t exceed 6 hours max.

@Amnesia @funkyflamingo

@RealFunkyFlamingo

• +1
I was tired af didn’t do it intentionally
Dumb a s s oxygen diffuses through your pupil into your eye
You gotta expose that part as much as possible try costly contact lenses which contain micro pores giving little more comfort

DID NOT READDDD :feelshah:

• JFL
Reactions: pneumocystosis
what lenses u meant to buy then

@Amnesia @funkyflamingo

They are safe if you buy them from an optics retailer and they are better than eyeglasses

@Amnesia @funkyflamingo

What are the best hazel contacts for t50

• +1
Solotica is a bad brand
Urban layer a lot better and they use Silicone hydrogel

I tried both when I wore contacts

• +1
Solotica is a bad brand

interesting af but how are they so cheap

Solotica is a bad brand

Which would u recommend for me
This is my eye colour
IMG 0267
IMG 0250
IMG 0049

Solotica is a bad brand

nvm these bastards lie
from their faq https://www.urbanlayerstore.com/pages/easy-faqs
"
  • What are Urban Layer lenses made of?
We use Polymacon with Silicone Hydrogel.

"

They list Silicone hydrogel as their material while they're actually made of polymacon with a minimal hint of silicone just to claim it on the product page. This shit is not even listed on wikipedia or fda approved

• JFL
Reactions: nietzsche