Computer Science is one of the greatest collective scams of all time

nigtard

nigtard

Big techs were encouraging their employees to make tiktoks/youtube videos of how high their salaries are in order to get the job market over-saturated so that the salaries would go down.Now CS salaries are currently on a decline and there are millions of people who are still paying into this scam by studying CS at college/university.The

The tech companies and colleges who got everyone doing CS degrees are basically benefiting from it by calling it easy money and having millions of students go to college just to become a software engineer.CS salaries will probably only get worse in the future since everyone believes that AI is this next big thing and is doing some form of CS, the market is going to be so fucked.Before some entry level jobs were six figures or close but I doubt that in the next ten years that will still be the case even in tech cities

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: to be human, ZoomerSpicoid415, Lmao and 8 others
Brutal

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and nigtard
Big techs were encouraging their employees to make tiktoks/youtube videos of how high their salaries are in order to get the job market over-saturated so that the salaries would go down.Now CS salaries are currently on a decline and there are millions of people who are still paying into this scam by studying CS at college/university.The

The tech companies and colleges who got everyone doing CS degrees are basically benefiting from it by calling it easy money and having millions of students go to college just to become a software engineer.CS salaries will probably only get worse in the future since everyone believes that AI is this next big thing and is doing some form of CS, the market is going to be so fucked.Before some entry level jobs were six figures or close but I doubt that in the next ten years that will still be the case even in tech cities
amazon hires a shit ton and still make 200k+ just gotta pass the interviews, i went into comp sci for remote jobs only even if i had to take a 100k pay cut i think it'd be worth it

• Hmm...
Reactions: nigtard
lol I'm heading for a cs degree rn

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger, nigtard and gooner23
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679
Predictable everyone and their mother is studying computer science and will only get worse

• +1
Reactions: BoneDensity, ElTruecel and nigtard
amazon hires a shit ton and still make 200k+ just gotta pass the interviews, i went into comp sci for remote jobs only even if i had to take a 100k pay cut i think it'd be worth it
They are already hiring people from overseas for cheap labour.Add this with all the grads who went to a top college studying the same degree as you.Why would Amazon hire you?

They are already hiring people from overseas for cheap labour.Add this with all the grads who went to a top college studying the same degree as you.Why would Amazon hire you?
amazon hires the most engineers out of any company, at my university job 12/13 student workers got swe offers from amazon but this was during covid.

In my first year of college
just a warning im in my third year and did like 5-6 internships one amazon and this year was probably the most brutal for internships and im sure we're heading into an equally brutal year next year. even with my specialization i still struggled to get interviews with a shit ton of experience, my friend is a 2 time faang intern and is going into the summer with no internship

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur and Deleted member 30679
Would’ve done if I didn’t have a kike teacher in hs

• +1
just a warning im in my third year and did like 5-6 internships one amazon and this year was probably the most brutal for internships and im sure we're heading into an equally brutal year next year. even with my specialization i still struggled to get interviews with a shit ton of experience, my friend is a 2 time faang intern and is going into the summer with no internship
Any advice on getting internships ?

• +1
Reactions: gooner23
No am i cooked?
Idk depends tho I don't have too much knowledge of the American market but from what I seen the competition is insane.You need something that will make you stand out from everyone else. I've even heard of people from Canada going to SF/Silicon Valley just to try to get into a startup or big tech

• +1
Any advice on getting internships ?
just gotta get lucky, i applied to 10 jobs my first year and landed like 2 internships at the peak of covid so i had a great start. either lie about experience or try and get onto a university swe team which is like, you have to be the top of the computer science department to land it or have the experience for it.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lmao, PrinceLuenLeoncur, BeanletMogger and 1 other person
amazon hires the most engineers out of any company, at my university job 12/13 student workers got swe offers from amazon but this was during covid.
It's getting more competitive tho.No way they are getting those offers now, covid market is totally different.

just gotta get lucky, i applied to 10 jobs my first year and landed like 2 internships at the peak of covid so i had a great start. either lie about experience or try and get onto a university swe team which is like, you have to be the top of the computer science department to land it or have the experience for it.
It sounds hopeless ngl
Still gonna try

• +1
Would’ve done if I didn’t have a kike teacher in hs
Same I used to be into it because I watched all those youtube propaganda videos.I did it in high school and realized that I just didn't like coding and never thought about that shit anymore

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
The best way to become rich is to be born into a rich family.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, k1llsw1tch, BoneDensity and 3 others
It sounds hopeless ngl
Still gonna try
ye i had a really good headstart into college kind've gobsmacked about it thinking back. i don't even touch leetcode becauses of my specialization

• +1
The best way to become rich is to be born into a rich family.
This is water tho, everyone already knows this.Also definitions of rich vary,some people see rich as having a high six figure job but still being heavily depended on that job while others see rich as being able to retire any day and not having to worry about money for the rest of your life.

• +1
Reactions: k1llsw1tch
Computer science is for autistic ethnics

• +1
Reactions: k1llsw1tch and nigtard
This is water tho, everyone already knows this.Also definitions of rich vary,some people see rich as having a high six figure job but still being heavily depended on that job while others see rich as being able to retire any day and not having to worry about money for the rest of your life.
If you weren't born into a rich family or if you aren't extremely lucky then it's pretty much over, forget about making any significant money in your life.

Just get some degree then get some relatively comfy office job and you at least won't nuke your skin, physical health and spine by the time you are 30 from intense manual labor.

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, fukmylyf, BoneDensity and 4 others
If you weren't born into a rich family or if you aren't extremely lucky then it's pretty much over, forget about making any significant money in your life.

Just get some degree then get some relatively comfy office job and you at least won't nuke your skin, physical health and spine by the time you are 30 from intense manual labor.
Yeah definitely the concept of getting rich through hard work is almost non-existent.There is a correlation tho between extremely gifted people and being wealthy.

Americans are so lucky. In Europe CS degree will land you a 25k-30k job for the first 3 years

To get the 100k+ jobs you need to be working for @ least 5 years minimum to be bringing in that money. Fuck Europe

• +1
Reactions: Respalier, kiyopon and nigtard
Yes. @Eli lie lie and lie lie and lie some more, this field is brutal and they will only hire liers. Extra point if your going into cyber security it’s a dogshit field for noobs, close to impossible to get a job in cyber security that pays a livable wage as a guy with less than 3 years exp in an previous role. Best advice is to do an internship/apprensteship if you want cyber sec in particular. The other ones are easier to get into esp web and software engineering very easy

• +1
Americans are so lucky. In Europe CS degree will land you a 25k-30k job for the first 3 years

To get the 100k+ jobs you need to be working for @ least 5 years minimum to be bringing in that money. Fuck Europe
America pays better than the UK for any job, there is not a single job in the UK where you'd receive more than your American counterparts

America pays better than the UK for any job, there is not a single job in the UK where you'd receive more than your American counterparts
Not just the UK but all of Europe there’s a reason why I said “europe” and not the shittest isles. America is superior to Europe in every way and the biggest L for Europe is that the UK is one of the better countries in this god forsaken continent

• +1
Nigga they’ve been making huge layoffs the last 2 years

Nigga they’ve been making huge layoffs the last 2 years
this year they still hired a shit ton of people tho compared to other countries, doing way better than most companies imo

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
this year they still hired a shit ton of people tho compared to other countries, doing way better than most companies imo
More proof that the USA is the MC country

• So Sad