Custom jaw wraparound surgeons in Europe?

Deleted member 5799

Deleted member 5799

Balls of steel
I was about to go to Joel Defranq but i see that you guys talk pretty bad about him. Sure the before-after pictures on his site arent spectacular but to be fair most of those people are not the kind who are into "ascending" the same way as us. Anyways now i feel insecure about choosing him.

I saw that many of you talk about a few italian surgeons, Raffaini and some other else, but theres barely any reviews or opinions of people who actually had surgery with them.

I just sent an email to one italian and just the consultation is 330€, i mean what the fuck... i understand maybe 100 but 330 and not online? So i have to travel to Italy and pay 330 in advance for a consultation?

Also whats the hype about PEEK? Why is it supposed to be better than silicon?

Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
330 is a fcking joke

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5799
330 is a fcking joke

Not only 330 but travel expenses, spending a day on the move, transport from Milan to Parma because theres no flights to Parma (at least from here) and covid testing (price + the hassle) to enter the country... all of it for 1 hour meeting or less.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Wallenberg
I was about to go to Joel Defranq but i see that you guys talk pretty bad about him. Sure the before-after pictures on his site arent spectacular but to be fair most of those people are not the kind who are into "ascending" the same way as us. Anyways now i feel insecure about choosing him.

I saw that many of you talk about a few italian surgeons, Raffaini and some other else, but theres barely any reviews or opinions of people who actually had surgery with them.

I just sent an email to one italian and just the consultation is 330€, i mean what the fuck... i understand maybe 100 but 330 and not online? So i have to travel to Italy and pay 330 in advance for a consultation?

Thank you.
To be honest 330 euros and no online consultation sounds quite bad. We live in 2021, online consultation should be the norm. The price is high. Defrancq has mixed reviews, but to be honest, so have other surgeons.

I suggest that you also consider surgeons who are on the other side of the pond.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512 and Deleted member 5799
For wraparound there is only E or Y. I would not get surgery from someone that is not a expert in the related field, and has countless of before and afters.
Sadly in Europe jaw implants are not a common thing, so you will need to travel to america.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 5799

Thank you.

I piss on Defrancq.

Anyway always get orthognatic surgery like a bimax over implants.

Implants for the lower third are garbage and usually produce uncanny results, you really want a piece of plastic sticking out your face your whole life.

Moving bone produces natural looking results, and comes with health benefits.

• +1
Reactions: Artemide and Deleted member 5799
I piss on Defrancq.

Implants for the lower third are garbage and usually produce uncanny results, you really want a piece of plastic sticking out your face your whole life.

Which surgeries give square chin, wide jaw and better jaw angle?

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Gaia262
For wraparound there is only E or Y. I would not get surgery from someone that is not a expert in the related field, and has countless of before and afters.
Sadly in Europe jaw implants are not a common thing, so you will need to travel to america.
How much are they? Approximatedly

I piss on Defrancq.

So if someone isn't recessed and doesn't have any functional issues but just wants a wider, more angular jaw you recommend orthognathic surgery instead of implants?

• +1
Which surgeries give square chin, wide jaw and better jaw angle?

If you want those sharp features than a wrap around jaw implant.

However need to see your pics to see. Only if you have a good jaw already would you consider implants.

Would actually try fillers first to see if you even like that look.

Im just against implants for the lower third in general, seldom to i ever see them looking good.

So if someone isn't recessed and doesn't have any functional issues but just wants a wider, more angular jaw you recommend orthognathic surgery instead of implants?

No 90% of the time people who go for implants actually need osteotomies.

Only if someone has a good jaw and wants to take it up a notch do implants become feasible but at that point i would just move onto other failos.

Last edited:
  • +1
No 90% of the time people who go for implants actually need osteotomies.

Only if someone has a good jaw and wants to take it up a notch do implants become feasible but at that point i would just move onto other failos.
Actually, my only failo is my right jaw. It used to be wide and angular but it isn't anymore. I don't see why I should go for an osteotomy instead of an implant?

european surgeons are not experienced enough to trust him. even eppley&yaremchuk could fail on designs.
i would never trust a european surgeon on this.

Actually, my only failo is my right jaw. It used to be wide and angular but it isn't anymore. I don't see why I should go for an osteotomy instead of an implant?

Try fillers, see if you like it. Then consider implants.

Not sure how your right jaw is no longer wide or angular.

However in isolated cases yes implants have a role , but i am against them in general for most users.

Its an easy cash grab for surgeons.

I piss on Defrancq.

i don't think there's surgeries that can actually give you a more protuding jaw/jaw width like implants can, tbh

• +1
Reactions: Slob
i don't think there's surgeries that can actually give you a more protuding jaw/jaw width like implants can, tbh

In isolated cases yes implants have a role but on the general whole, osteotomies should be favoured.

Still my favorite implant result:

Bildschirmfoto 2021 01 19 um 141417

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish and Wallenberg
Who was the surgeon?
Dr. Ramirez
I found another one from him.
This guy could ascend to chad, with a io implant+canthoplasty+brow transplant. Also crazy how much of a difference the tan makes.

Bildschirmfoto 2021 01 19 um 141408

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal

Thank you.
What you mean?

This is from Defrancq website:

I would say, it can 'ascend' you with this kind of implant, dont you think?

If you are recessed DONT go with implants. With BIMAX you can improve your jaw, jaw widening and chin.

There is only 1 option boyo

hZZJ-u3U.png

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
Ok skype went well, kinda short but there wasnt really much more to talk. I think he consulted from home. From what we speak he seemed serious, friendly and professional.

Apparently i should do a palatal expansion first. He said that of course im the customer and if i just want a custom jaw implant he can make, but his medical advice was to do the other thing first "and then we will see".

He said with palatal expansion i would breath better and have better smile (i have what they call "dark corridors"), but besides that i dont understand well if theres other aesthetic benefits.

He didnt tell me price on skype, he told me he would write email, but no price on email. In 10 days Im going to visit a local maxfac surgeon from my insurance company and see if it will cover the costs. I guess the implant has to wait.

Last edited:
What you mean?

This is from Defrancq website:

View attachment 944149

I would say, it can 'ascend' you with this kind of implant, dont you think?

If you are recessed DONT go with implants. With BIMAX you can improve your jaw, jaw widening and chin.
Yes thats the kind of thing i want. Just like that.

Im not recessed, but near the limit i would say. Ill trust the surgeon's advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back