Dating site study claims 5'8" is the best height for single males to get matches?

L

Lawton88

Kraken

MAY 23, 2021

It’s had us all lusting for the likes of Jason Momoa and Hemsworth brothers, while also sparking insecurities among many men under the 6ft bar, but that’s all set to change, according to new research suggesting that the ideal height for a man is actually 5ft 8in.

A study by dating app Badoo has revealed the height as being the most right-swiped among their users who range between the ages of 18-30. After surveying 20,000 Brits, Badoo concluded that 5ft 8in was the most popular height for men, while 5ft 10in and 5ft 6in followed closely. For women, 5ft 5in was the most right-swiped height while 5ft 3in and 5ft 7in came second and third place. The full Badoo list is below:
-------------------------

And 5'6" was third most swiped male height. :ROFLMAO: What is going on here?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Vain786, casadebanho, enchanted_elixir and 11 others

Funny GIF

laughs cage GIF

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Dystopian, Manu le coq, Vain786 and 16 others
wut

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044 and Deleted member 15827
6ft was a meme all along:lul:

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Nims, Deleted member 21044 and Lawton88
Badoo’s dating expert, Abbie Goulding said in a statement.

’88 per cent of Badoo users are more likely to swipe right if a person’s bio makes them laugh, as opposed to 16 per cent who are more likely to swipe left if they don’t consider someone to be their perfect height.’
just be funny theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, HerpDerpson, squirrelcel and 2 others
Lol not even close

Badoo’s dating expert, Abbie Goulding said in a statement.

’88 per cent of Badoo users are more likely to swipe right if a person’s bio makes them laugh, as opposed to 16 per cent who are more likely to swipe left if they don’t consider someone to be their perfect height.’
just be funny theory
Jestermaxed

• JFL
Reactions: brucel
no joke when i say i got a 5'8ft friend that got 19+ slays on tinder. fucked blonde hair blue eye white foids and he isn't even that good looking, like 5.5 psl

my theory is that people around 5'8 have better faces on average so they perform better online.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 20452, Deleted member 21044 and It'snotover
5'8 is the tallest they can found in east asia :ROFLMAO:

This study is the exact same thing as oil companies publishing "studies" saying fossil fuels are good for the environment. Its propaganda meant to keep short men using their apps.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: squirrelcel, Mongrelcel, Deleted member 20452 and 2 others
no joke when i say i got a 5'8ft friend that got 19+ slays on tinder. fucked blonde hair blue eye white foids and he isn't even that good looking, like 5.5 psl

my theory is that people around 5'8 have better faces on average so they perform better online.
He is chadlite top 10% males and he isn't that good looking? Then he isn't 5.5psl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
According to the article "88% of Badoo users are more likely to swipe right if a person’s bio makes them laugh"
Shorter men are probably more likely to jestermax in an attempt to make up for their height, this could explain why 5'8 was "ideal". I bet all the women just ghosted them anyway, swiping right doesn't mean much. Also 20-30% of male dating app users are fags, so they probably have different height preferences from females. Also this was only the people who stated their height in their bio. A short man who states his height in his bio must be really confident in his appearance, therefore more likely to be gl. A tall man might state his height in his bio in hopes of haloing himself, and therefore isn't inclined to be otherwise gl.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 18879
I think theres a negative correlation between height and facial attractiveness after a certain point and obviously on dating sites as opposed to IRL people swipe based on the face and probably dont put as much weight to height

Obviously you have chads who are also tall like most male models are, but generally most tall people don’t have that good looking faces imo

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mortis and Deleted member 18879
I think theres a negative correlation between height and facial attractiveness

Obviously you have chads who are also tall like most male models are, but generally most tall people don’t have that good looking faces imo
:blackpill:

I think theres a negative correlation between height and facial attractiveness

This is true in my observations as well.
Its probably because short people tend to put more effort their face to compensate for their lack of height, while tall people know that as long as they aren't ugly, they will do okay.

MAY 23, 2021

It’s had us all lusting for the likes of Jason Momoa and Hemsworth brothers, while also sparking insecurities among many men under the 6ft bar, but that’s all set to change, according to new research suggesting that the ideal height for a man is actually 5ft 8in.

A study by dating app Badoo has revealed the height as being the most right-swiped among their users who range between the ages of 18-30. After surveying 20,000 Brits, Badoo concluded that 5ft 8in was the most popular height for men, while 5ft 10in and 5ft 6in followed closely. For women, 5ft 5in was the most right-swiped height while 5ft 3in and 5ft 7in came second and third place. The full Badoo list is below:

Life fuel for me JFLLL

@TheBlunderYears @LooksOverAll @Gargantuan

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20452 and Gargantuan
The “study” is obviously flawed, of course 5’8” is gonna be the most swiped height when most males around that, it doesn’t mean it’s the preferred height.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
The “study” is obviously flawed, of course 5’8” is gonna be the most swiped height when most males around that, it doesn’t mean it’s the preferred height.
Ya it means literally nothing. We all know the ideal male height is well over 6ft

Now adjust the amount swiped vs. number of profiles
ofc 5'8 is the most swiped when its literaly the most common height

just copefuel so short men will flock to their app and give them $$$

• +1
Reactions: squirrelcel
Would like to see what kind of methodology this “study” used.

Surely it’s not because most of the sample was under 6ft.

Surely.

Bruh 5'8 is legit Manlet, even 5'10 is a stretch I'd be expecting 6'0+

This is true in my observations as well.
Its probably because short people tend to put more effort their face to compensate for their lack of height, while tall people know that as long as they aren't ugly, they will do okay.
Maybe it's because tall people are more likely to have a long midface.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879

MAY 23, 2021

This is why it's very important to conduct how "studies" and "statistics" are done. They let women virtue signal and published it as a "study".

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88