Did I fuck up by getting eye surgery before jaw surgery?

B

brutal_blackpill

Mistral
I had lower eyelid surgery to remove scleral show by Taban and also had orbital rim implants. I’m getting double jaw surgery soon but apparently it can affect your eyes and scleral show (whiteness under pupil). Would this interfere with the surgery? Would this mess up my eyes again and get scleral show again?

Last edited:
Oh so it won’t come back then? That paper talks about scleral show being decreased, not increased? My show was pretty bad before and my maxilla is not terribly recessed (mainly my mandible).

will they move the maxilla forwards or backwards?

will they move the maxilla forwards or backwards?
Forwards, but it won’t be as forward as my mandible since my mandible is mainly recessed. My maxilla, according to my surgeon, is recessed as well but not as much.

Forwards, but it won’t be as forward as my mandible since my mandible is mainly recessed. My maxilla, according to my surgeon, is recessed as well but not as much.

than nothing drastically regarding scleral should happen but your eye shape could change? make before pictures of your eyes and post your results here then

interesting case for everyone

than nothing drastically regarding scleral should happen but your eye shape could change? make before pictures of your eyes and post your results here then

interesting case for everyone

Yeah, when I was talking to Taban about it, he said either way my orbital rims would be mainly recessed from what I remember, and that it should be fine regardless. But now I’m having second thoughts lol. Why do you think my eye shape would change? I don’t know if I have midface hypoplasia (isn’t that only for terribly recessed maxillas?).

Always start with the lower third. I haven't got any surgery yet but my first surgery will be a jaw implant as soon as i can afford it.

It would have been more ideal to do it the other way around, but no sense dwelling on that now. The only real concern I can think of is whether there will be a degree of midface sagging from the dissection they need to perform to cut and fixate the maxilla. If you didn't have any sort of midface lift, I think you'll be fine and it won't be an issue. And even if you did, assuming the lift was more superficial and wasn't performed subperiostially (in the same plane as the bimax dissection), I think you should be fine as well.