Diet: An Overlooked Solution to Acne (GTFIH ACNECELS)

D

Deleted member 16456

Nigger
I used to have horrible acne. To give context I had cysts on my face since I was 12 years old. The majority of the people in my family had suffered from acne before. I never went on any kind of medication whatsoever (other than OFC 10% benzoyl peroxide). After 5 years of trial and error and trying to pin point what caused my acne, I have finally found a solution that may or may not work for others.

The first and most important thing that alot of people DO NOT do is regulate their diet.

When we eat high carbohydrate foods, glucose is released into our blood. Our bodies needs to transfer this glucose (broken down carbs) into the muscles and fat stores for energy. In order to do this,the pancreas releases insulin; as insulin increases, so do androgenic hormones and IGF-1. The rapid spike of these hormones after sugar and/or carbohydrate consumption causes the skin to increase sebum production. Sebum is what contributes the most to acne, hence why Accutane dries the skin out; its goal is to eliminate sebum production.

How can we prevent this from happening? We first have to figure out a way to either eliminate insulin spikes (not a good idea especially if you are trying to feel good), or we can regulate our insulin spikes, which in theory would lessen the amount of sebum our skin produces. To do this dealing we should eat foods that have a low glycemic indexes (low GI foods). The GI is the measurement of how quickly a food causes blood sugar to rise. BUT, this can negatively impact the quality of our lives; who the fuck wants to eat clean foods 24/7 to prevent acne?

The best way to prevent this is by eating MEALS not snacks. Ideally we should eat balanced meals with fiber, fat, and protein. These macro-nutrients will reduce the speed of glucose being released in our bloodstream. This is because our bodies takes longer to extract energy and carbs from balanced meals. Technically you can eat shit food and still not breakout as long as they are eaten in combination with fiber and/or proteins and fats.

We must take into account our own genetics; different people elicit different responses to our environment and the food they eat, and they should try their best to figure out their genetic weak-points.

In these two photos I was bulking in a 500 calories surplus. The difference was my diet; the first diet I ate sporadically and un-calculated. I thought that as long it fit my in my calories, it didn't matter how & what I ate. I was partially correct but it nuked my skin. I remember drinking big ass milkshakes not knowing that I was ironically looksminning myself in the pursuit of the bulk. In the after photo, I was still at a 500 cal surplus and was eating fun food that didnt want to make me kill myself. At first I was unintentionally following my previously stated hypothesis and was somewhat clueless as to why my acne was going away. I started to research and self reflect on my acne and found out that it was in fact my diet and all the isolated carb-filled snacks I had when I was cystic.

The photos were taken ~1 year apart:
a69b2bae-3c1e-4626-8b93-b6b4061207d3-jpeg.2007082

da4f9580-320d-45be-8891-e7d758c6a763-jpeg.2007083

tldr: Eat balanced meals to prevent insulin spikes and make sure to wash on a consistent schedule.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 27772, GigaAscender, Deleted member 23558 and 1 other person
LIFUEL OP

READ EVERY WORD

This unfortunately doesnt work for everybody, but should work for some. Also, if you have acne because of insulin spikes Metformin should do the trick, there are few studies showing the efficacy of Metformin on acne patients that suffer from glucose spike acne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25339
I stopped drinking milk for 2 months and haven't had acne/a single pimple since.
Also finasteride helped a bit because it reduces oily skin.
Enough sunlight in summers always worked for me, even when I still drank milk, however when winter came I always would start breaking out again.

dht cleared my skin

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25339 and Deleted member 23558
I stopped drinking milk for 2 months and haven't had acne/a single pimple since.
Also finasteride helped a bit because it reduces oily skin.
Enough sunlight in summers always worked for me, even when I still drank milk, however when winter came I always would start breaking out again.
i wonder how fragile is your calcium deficient, finasteride infused bones

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
you are stupid little rat please dont give advice u boneless cunt

i wonder how fragile is your calcium deficient, finasteride infused bones
keep coping bald slaphead xD, milk has more estrogens than testosterone. ppl are not meant to consume milk, only blood and meat.

keep coping bald slaphead xD, milk has more estrogens than testosterone. ppl are not meant to consume milk, only blood and meat.
I FUCKING LOVE SEEING PEOPLE BE WRONG

THIS SUPERIORITY ESSENCE IS DOPAMINE HEAVEN

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
Nothing stopped my acne except accutane.

Did diets, every thing you can think of, every topical, washing my face ridiculous amounts, different cleansers, different moisturizers, changing my bedsheets. A ton of pain. Years of suffering trying to figure it out. Every kind of antibiotic. Clindamycin, doxycycline, minocycline, tretinoin in every strength.

Only accutane ever stopped it

IMG 20201212 150903
PXL 20221222 214845116

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 25339 and Deleted member 19297
If people would actually read it I never said it is an end all be all stupid fucks. I put a possible solution people can try if they draw connections to what I was saying

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25339
Nothing stopped my acne except accutane.

Did diets, every thing you can think of, every topical, washing my face ridiculous amounts, different cleansers, different moisturizers, changing my bedsheets. A ton of pain. Years of suffering trying to figure it out. Every kind of antibiotic. Clindamycin, doxycycline, minocycline, tretinoin in every strength.

Only accutane ever stopped it

View attachment 2008020View attachment 2008023
Same, anytime I stop, it comes back, thinking of just staying on a low dose 10mg every other day for a while, what do you think?

Same, anytime I stop, it comes back, thinking of just staying on a low dose 10mg every other day for a while, what do you think?
I already do this. It works. Your liver enzymes are going to get raised though still. Tudca is the most mogger supplement for liver. Many steroid users supplement tudca and it absolutely works.

You may lose your hair from accutane permanently though. I did.

I already do this. It works. Your liver enzymes are going to get raised though still. Tudca is the most mogger supplement for liver. Many steroid users supplement tudca and it absolutely works.

You may lose your hair from accutane permanently though. I did.
Can we talk more about this in the pms bro? Won’t let me pm you, can you pm me.
I just started with this low dose and wanted to make sure I’m doing it right

Last edited: