Distraction Osteogenesis >>> conventional jaw surgery? what is your opinion

strong_silent_type

strong_silent_type

Lefort 3 is the answer
ms-2.jpg

The standard osteotomy used for distraction osteogenesis of the hypoplastic maxilla is LeFort I. An advancement of more than 10 mm in patients with no cleft and 6 mm in patients with CLP is beyond the limit of LeFort I osteotomy, and in such cases distraction osteogenesis for advancement of the maxilla can be used. Distraction osteogenesis (DO) is a biological process involving the formation of new bone between viable bone segments that are gradually separated by incremental traction.

[...]

The gradual increase in soft tissue volume in response to the tension forces applied with bony distraction is called “distraction histogenesis”. Conventional LeFort I osteotomy provides immediate bone advancement but, however, does not allow for compensatory growth of the soft tissues. The high rate of relapse after conventional maxillary advancement seems to be a result of scarring and memory of the soft tissues, though the soft tissue often contracts to its pre-operative state. On the other hand, DO creates a gradual increase in the amount of soft tissue by preventing its contraction [21].

[...]

v2XuEt7.png

High-level complete LeFort I osteotomy is the most commonly performed osteotomy since tooth buds are located on a standard level of LeFort I osteotomy line in young patients [1, 36, 3943]. Standard LeFort I and the 3-piece LeFort I osteotomies are also used with this protocol [7, 26, 35, 44, 45].

[...]

Sagittal distraction forces produce not only advancement forces at the intermaxillary sutures but also higher stress values at the sutura nasomaxillaris, sutura frontonasalis and sutura zygomaticomaxillaris on the cleft side of the patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate rather than the non-cleft side. Some patients feel pressure under the eyes, around the lateral nasal walls and generally throughout the face during and after the distractor activations.

fig6.png

Figure 6.
Displacement distribution in (a) sagittal, (b) transversal and (c) vertical planes after 6 mm of maxillary advancement for the UCLP model, respectively.

fig7.png

Figure 7.
Displacement distribution in (a) sagittal, (b) transversal and (c) vertical planes after 6 mm of maxillary advancement for the non-cleft control model, respectively.

fig8.png

Figure 8.
The magnitude and distribution of the von Mises stresses after 1 mm of maxillary advancement for the UCLP model and for the non-cleft control model, respectively.

[...]

The application of the force according to the center of resistance of the maxilla plays an important role in sagittal maxillary advancement. The mostly desired directions of the maxillary movements in DO are forward and downward. The center of the mass of the maxilla is considered to be located at the apex of the maxillary premolars. When the force is applied at the center of resistance of the maxilla, a straight anterior movement of the maxilla without any rotation is expected. If the same force is applied above, a clockwise rotation will be expected with a predictable increase in over bite and overjet negligible mandibular rotation. If the force is applied below, a counterclockwise rotation will be expected with a tendency of an anterior open bite

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1577132935490.jpeg
    1577132935490.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Chadelite, diggbicc and 2 others
I agree

DO is king hands down

I like it

but conventional surgeons dont

too much hassle for them

they would rather do it all at once

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: diggbicc, GordonFreeman, forwardgrowth and 1 other person
@reptiles

giphy.gif

Their is no limit to this shit on how much you can use you said right ? could we not manipulate this for a facial ante
giphy.gif

idk

Bruhhhh this shit is life fuel if we could keep doing this we could legit create model faces easily

there is a difference between masturbating about certain procedures and actually getting them done. i predict that noone here will ever got a procedure like this. but in theory it sounds great

• +1
Reactions: BlackPillChad
there is a difference between masturbating about certain procedures and actually getting them done. i predict that noone here will ever got a procedure like this. but in theory it sounds great

I mean if everyone was black pilled this surgery would be given out like it was nothing most people are blue pilled fucks tbqh so this stuff is hidden in the dark ffs people think a shitty jaw implant gives a modelesque look god

BSSO is good enough for saggital projection imo
MSDO for widening or some distractions to lengthen ramus could be legit tho

BSSO is good enough for saggital projection imo
MSDO for widening or some distractions to lengthen ramus could be legit tho

You have distraction osteogensis imdo msdo and lefort 3 split ramus osteomy what else is their

Just needa find a surgeon who can do it right

Its better but harder to get

List of Doctors that actually are doing DO for the maxilla:

?