DNP might cause Hyperkalaemia

I

(In)CelibatePsycho2

Iron
This review article claims that:

“Mudge showed that potassium accumulates in rabbit kidney slices as the concentration of dinitrophenol is increased [32]. The accumulation of potassium continues even after cellular respiration is inhibited [32] and hyperkalaemia has contributed to toxicity [33]. Due to the uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation, inorganic phosphate is no longer absorbed into the mitochondria and accumulation takes place, but whether this contributes to the clinical presentation is unknown [25, 34]. Teratogenicity, Carcinogenicity and Other Toxicity In animal studies, DNP has been shown to be teratogenic, mutagenic and carcinogenic; developmental and reproductive toxicity has also been reported [35].”

“The use of continuous veno-venous haemofiltration (CVVH) has been recommended to manage hyperkalaemia and hyperthermia associated with DNP overdose [4, 83].”

From this it appears that DNP has been associated with hyperkalaemia. As such, it might be advisable to temporarily stop consuming potassium chloride while on DNP in order to be safe.

Thoughts? I found it strange that people weren't talking about this alleged risk in the DNP threads here. Maybe this article is full of shit?

• +1
Reactions: butterworld
@butterworld @Vego17 @BrahminBoss @appealmaxed @asdvek @zxim @mirrormogger @Korea

• +1
Reactions: Vego17 and asdvek
do low doses, in short time intervals and it doesnt matter

This review article claims that:

“Mudge showed that potassium accumulates in rabbit kidney slices as the concentration of dinitrophenol is increased [32]. The accumulation of potassium continues even after cellular respiration is inhibited [32] and hyperkalaemia has contributed to toxicity [33]. Due to the uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation, inorganic phosphate is no longer absorbed into the mitochondria and accumulation takes place, but whether this contributes to the clinical presentation is unknown [25, 34]. Teratogenicity, Carcinogenicity and Other Toxicity In animal studies, DNP has been shown to be teratogenic, mutagenic and carcinogenic; developmental and reproductive toxicity has also been reported [35].”

“The use of continuous veno-venous haemofiltration (CVVH) has been recommended to manage hyperkalaemia and hyperthermia associated with DNP overdose [4, 83].”

From this it appears that DNP has been associated with hyperkalaemia. As such, it might be advisable to temporarily stop consuming potassium chloride while on DNP in order to be safe.

Thoughts? I found it strange that people weren't talking about this alleged risk in the DNP threads here. Maybe this article is full of shit?
To be safe I would avoid potassium supplements and ingesting high amounts of potassium, and the hyperthermia is a result of overdosing as shown in the data, all of the recorded deaths up until the time of the article were from excessive doses (1g+). If you take the recommended low dose and keep the cycle short you’ll be fine.

There is no point to even use DNP unless you need an edge to break below 10 percent bf.

There is no point to even use DNP unless you need an edge to break below 10 percent bf.
there is a dnp guide thread right below, dnp is needed and very necessary if ur above %20-23 bf

• +1
Reactions: Vego17
there is a dnp guide thread right below, dnp is needed and very necessary if ur above %20-23 bf
I’m so sorry but if you can’t get to 15 percent naturally, it’s not in the cards for you to be lean.

I’m so sorry but if you can’t get to 15 percent naturally, it’s not in the cards for you to be lean.
Everyone unless morbidly obese fucks can get to %15 naturally.

It's not hard, again, I said unless morbidly obese, or you lack a shit ton of discipline.

But DNP makes it extremely fast and I mean fast.