Do i start gymmaxxing?

grabab

grabab

Iron
i am almost 18 5'10 77kg or 170 pnds with visible abs and well defined arms physique would be something similar to young james franco . Would going to the gym help me or make me look bulky since i am not that tall ? And will it help with mayby growing an inch or two - pretty sure my plates are still a bit open and higher test from lifting should be beneficial both for facial and bone growth .

• +1
Reactions: galvin8101
If you hang your self off the ceiling fan youd gain more then 2-3 inches in height

• +1
Reactions: grabab
kinobody is the best person to listen to

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 88653
kinobody is the best person to listen to
His minimalist training methods will keep you forever small. It's good for people who manage businesses who don't have much time to lift who can do 1h workouts at home instead of nothing but it won't make you big.

His minimalist training methods will keep you forever small. It's good for people who manage businesses who don't have much time to lift who can do 1h workouts at home instead of nothing but it won't make you big.
I've gotten up to 35kg dumbell shoulder press for reps, and my shoulders are getting quite big so you are wrong.

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
I wrote multiple posts on the topic of gaining muscle and getting big naturally, if you're interested, go check them out:

My program and things I wish I knew when I started lifting:

Physique comparisons (what is achievable naturally vs with drugs):

Best videos for neck training, to make your own program, and why you should never recomp:

And my 2 years of training (spread across 6 years of not being very consistent) There is a body and neck transformation here:

Videos on weight loss:

Also, how I choose when to cut and bulk is by looking at my waist size, I start my bulks when my waist is at 42-43% of my height, and when it gets close to 50%, I cut down to prevent getting too fat. If you go past 50%, at like 55 or 60, you can get to a point where your body permanently stretches your skin in a way that will look terrible when you do lose the weight, so it's best to never get to that point, never obsess with ab visibility but never become overweight. It's best to start your bulks at 10-15% and end them at 20% and waist size is a good way of measuring body fat percentage for men when you're not overweight, since most of the fat goes to the stomach.

I've gotten up to 35kg dumbell shoulder press for reps, and my shoulders are getting quite big so you are wrong.
Everyone in the fitness community knows progressive overload is the main driver of muscle growth since it's the only way to cause muscular adaptations in the muscle cells.

Kinobody doesn't tell people to go to failure, but you have to when you want to make progress in the gym, that means doing as many reps as you can until you can no longer perform another one. If you're doing 5 sets of 5, it means you're sandbagging your sets by keeping 3 or more reps in reserve on your 1st set in the hopes that on the last one you can do 5 reps. That's the issue with 5x5.

What you really need to do is do as many reps as you can within a rep range like 8-12, and when you can do more than 12 reps on the first set and more than 9 reps on the last set, then you add weight to the bar or go up in dumbbells. If you're not making progress in reps, then you need to add more sets. Of course, more is not necessarily better, you just need enough to make progress. If you're making progress on 4 sets, don't add more sets, as that would be junk volume.

My arms were stuck at 12.5 inches for many years until I started really training them as hard as my compound movements and with a lot more volume. Now I do 5 sets for triceps and for biceps each, 3 times per week, that is 3 times more arm volume than Kinobody makes you do and I go to failure on every set (until I cannot perform another rep with good form). This extra volume guarantees I will not plateau, and, as it turns out, I've been steadily gaining 1/8 of an inch on my arms every 2 weeks. My stubborn muscle group was the arms, but for other people it may be something else and every single time it's either because they don't go close enough to failure or they don't do enough sets.

So, if you're a complete beginner, Kinobody's advice will work since anything will work for beginners but once you stop making progress, Kinobody's advice is not going to do much for you since minimalism can only work for beginners, not for experienced lifters. The issue is most people will not have an aesthetic physique when minimalism stops working, a lot of people quit lifting because of this or turn to steroids, but that would be a mistake.

Everyone in the fitness community knows progressive overload is the main driver of muscle growth since it's the only way to cause muscular adaptations in the muscle cells.

Kinobody doesn't tell people to go to failure, but you have to when you want to make progress in the gym, that means doing as many reps as you can until you can no longer perform another one. If you're doing 5 sets of 5, it means you're sandbagging your sets by keeping 3 or more reps in reserve on your 1st set in the hopes that on the last one you can do 5 reps. That's the issue with 5x5.

What you really need to do is do as many reps as you can within a rep range like 8-12, and when you can do more than 12 reps on the first set and more than 9 reps on the last set, then you add weight to the bar or go up in dumbbells. If you're not making progress in reps, then you need to add more sets. Of course, more is not necessarily better, you just need enough to make progress. If you're making progress on 4 sets, don't add more sets, as that would be junk volume.

My arms were stuck at 12.5 inches for many years until I started really training them as hard as my compound movements and with a lot more volume. Now I do 5 sets for triceps and for biceps each, 3 times per week, that is 3 times more arm volume than Kinobody makes you do and I go to failure on every set (until I cannot perform another rep with good form). This extra volume guarantees I will not plateau, and, as it turns out, I've been steadily gaining 1/8 of an inch on my arms every 2 weeks. My stubborn muscle group was the arms, but for other people it may be something else and every single time it's either because they don't go close enough to failure or they don't do enough sets.

So, if you're a complete beginner, Kinobody's advice will work since anything will work for beginners but once you stop making progress, Kinobody's advice is not going to do much for you since minimalism can only work for beginners, not for experienced lifters. The issue is most people will not have an aesthetic physique when minimalism stops working, a lot of people quit lifting because of this or turn to steroids, but that would be a mistake.
well i just went to the gym for the first time and i can say that its pretty fun . i honestly have a better physique compared to you but you are 5 inches fucking taller than me and i have also done many sports since like 4 yrs old but you are still doing good . I did shoulder back and traps and got a huge pump couldnt do another rep like you said i am just customed to doing till failure but i wish i was like 2 inchs taller so my frame would look way bigger . Anyway even if i am not able to grow anymore in height its still fun and i have to max out neck and delts . looking forward to that rly

well i just went to the gym for the first time and i can say that its pretty fun . i honestly have a better physique compared to you but you are 5 inches fucking taller than me and i have also done many sports since like 4 yrs old but you are still doing good . I did shoulder back and traps and got a huge pump couldnt do another rep like you said i am just customed to doing till failure but i wish i was like 2 inchs taller so my frame would look way bigger . Anyway even if i am not able to grow anymore in height its still fun and i have to max out neck and delts . looking forward to that rly
You might have a "better physique" but the real question is, can you move as much weight as I can? Probably not.

I mean I can curl a 70 lb bar for 10 reps and my biceps look pretty small as you saw in my pics and yet I am using perfect form. I have measured my arms over the past month, they have grown by 1/8 of an inch every 2 weeks. I am much weaker on tricep extensions though.

As a tall guy, I have a huge advantage on pulls but I'm at a big disadvantage on pushing movements. I'm also at a point where my bench press and overhead press require 5 sets twice per week to make progress on. My triceps and biceps only grow from 15 weekly sets each. Eventually, I might need 20, and then 25 and then possibly 30 by the time my arms become 18 inches.

And yeah, also I was never into sports as a kid except for skiing, always picked last in team sports, couldn't even do a single pushup, and now I can outlift most people. I may not "look big" because I'm tall but I'm hella strong, and it shows when I do rows, deadlifts, and curls. People look at me and they're like "How come you're so strong but your muscles look so small?" The answer is genetics. I'm much weaker on pushing movements than I am big so it's the opposite issue here. I can bench 45 lb dumbbells for 7 reps and yet my chest looks pretty big by comparison.

Kinobody advocates lifting to near failure or failure on the first working set of primary lifts in the 4-6 rep range.
You must have never used his programs as intended.

His whole training philosophy is based on the following principles:
a) Intensity-focused compound lifts
b) volume-focused accessory lifts
c) staying as lean as possible
d) emphasis on aesthetics muscles

To say this could not "work" for an advanced lifter is mentally retarded. What does "work" mean? Are you presuming all advanced lifters want to be as big as possible?

One with an above-room-temperature IQ could utilize the above principles and create/maintain a great physique.