Does glycemic index matter?

Moggedbyevery1

Moggedbyevery1

Kraken
Say your a subhuman with insulin resistance (totally not me), would eating foods with a lower glycemic index actually do much for you

Or is it all bro science

Tagging high iq diet cels

@AscendingHero @TsarTsar444 @Prettyboy

For healthy individuals, glycemic index isn't nearly as important as other markers of nutritional quality, it's way overhyped. E.g, sweet potatoes aren't really superior to regular potatoes, they're both highly nutritious foods in their own right and for healthy individuals spiking your blood sugar to some extent is perfectly normal. It's more important to just choose carbs that aren't processed.

However if you're insulin resistant it can't hurt to eat lower glycemic index foods. Things like beans and lentils are incredibly nutritious and have very low gi scores. But I would be more focused on trying to reverse the insulin resistance completely. Cut out as much processed food as possible and cut out as much dairy/cholesterol heavy food as possible. If your diet consisted primarily of whole food carb sources, vegetables (normally would say fruits too but maybe not in your case), lean meats, and fats from things like nuts/seeds/avocados (no oil) I bet your insulin resistance would go away

• +1
Reactions: Moggedbyevery1
Say your a subhuman with insulin resistance (totally not me), would eating foods with a lower glycemic index actually do much for you

Or is it all bro science

Tagging high iq diet cels

@AscendingHero @TsarTsar444 @Prettyboy

It's a cope. I have insulin resistance and foods that are low GI still cause me serious issues.

Basically avoid anything that is primarily carbohydrate (yes that includes fruits and oats)

Anything fast digesting, like protein shakes, smoothies, even soups.

Basically the paleo diet and fasting is the way for insulin resistance problems.

Most don't know this But things like cortisol (stress) , low testosterone , toxins. Irritable bowel syndrome all play a huge role for insulin resistance/type 2 diabetes.

When I went on testosterone it actually cured my insulin resistance and could basically eat anything. But the risk to reward ratio is not worth it.

Jogging daily helps alot to clear out the glucose.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Moggedbyevery1