Does intermittent fasting accelerate weight loss?

DildoFaggins

DildoFaggins

Illuminated by God (6’4) Highest SMV on the forum
Let's say we have two people on a diet.

Person A consumes 1900 calories a day spread out throughout the day, not following any specific schedule

Person B also consumes 1900 cals daily but does so while doing intermittent fasting (16:8 diet for example)

Person A and Person B both do the same amount of excercise, have the same BMI, muscle mass, metabolism etc.

Will Person B experience more rapid weight loss in comparison to person A? Or is it simply calories in and calories out? Meaning they'll both reach their goal weight at the same time.

Intermittent fasting (IF) may lead to more rapid weight loss for Person B compared to Person A, as studies have shown that IF can increase metabolism and promote fat burning.

However, the exact amount of weight loss may vary from person to person, and other factors such as adherence to the diet, age, and genetics can also play a role.In general, calories in and calories out are still the most important factors in weight loss.

If both individuals are consuming the same number of calories and doing the same amount of exercise, they should reach their goal weight at around the same time.However, IF may make it easier for some people to stick to a calorie-restricted diet, as they may be less hungry during the fasting period.

This could lead to better adherence to the diet and ultimately faster weight loss for Person B.Ultimately, the best approach for weight loss is to find a sustainable and healthy eating pattern that works for an individual's lifestyle and preferences. Both IF and traditional calorie-restricted diets can be effective for weight loss, but it's important to ensure that all essential nutrients are being consumed in adequate amounts.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: me1o and BrahminBoss
It makes you less hungry but theres no proof it will do anything other then that

• +1
Reactions: DildoFaggins
Intermittent fasting (IF) may lead to more rapid weight loss for Person B compared to Person A, as studies have shown that IF can increase metabolism and promote fat burning.

However, the exact amount of weight loss may vary from person to person, and other factors such as adherence to the diet, age, and genetics can also play a role.In general, calories in and calories out are still the most important factors in weight loss.

If both individuals are consuming the same number of calories and doing the same amount of exercise, they should reach their goal weight at around the same time.However, IF may make it easier for some people to stick to a calorie-restricted diet, as they may be less hungry during the fasting period.

This could lead to better adherence to the diet and ultimately faster weight loss for Person B.Ultimately, the best approach for weight loss is to find a sustainable and healthy eating pattern that works for an individual's lifestyle and preferences. Both IF and traditional calorie-restricted diets can be effective for weight loss, but it's important to ensure that all essential nutrients are being consumed in adequate amounts.
There's a reason I posted on .org and not chat gpt

• +1
Reactions: Lux and coispet
There's a reason I posted on .org and not chat gpt
why would u do it tho

im pretty sure an ai can be way more acurrate compared to the average .org rotter

Let's say we have two people on a diet.

Person A consumes 1900 calories a day spread out throughout the day, not following any specific schedule

Person B also consumes 1900 cals daily but does so while doing intermittent fasting (16:8 diet for example)

Person A and Person B both do the same amount of excercise, have the same BMI, muscle mass, metabolism etc.

Will Person B experience more rapid weight loss in comparison to person A? Or is it simply calories in and calories out? Meaning they'll both reach their goal weight at the same time.
No and anyone who says otherwise is stupid and doesn’t understand the laws of thermodynamics jfl. A kg of fat is around 7000 cals, and the only way you can lose it is by a 7000 calorie deficit. IF still has other health benefits though, but weight loss isn’t one of them

Idk bug if makes it easy as fuck, I know I'm only gonna get to eat between a window, I make it 6 hours, realistically i can't eat a lot in that time frame so I end up eating less anyways, This+ no sugar and you can lose like 5-8 kgs a month easy while being full

Yes it does help as long as you are consistent in it.I am in the state rn that im lean enough to not worry about my weight only my height.