Does lifting actually stunt growth

asdvek

asdvek

Kraken
Does it ACTUALLY stunt growth? We all know the study got debunked but the study was it CAN damage growth plates, not it WILL. With good form and shit nothing will happen. But the thing is, people say your nutrients, energy and recovery go into building and recovering muscle instead of growing. Is this true?

Does it ACTUALLY stunt growth? We all know the study got debunked but the study was it CAN damage growth plates, not it WILL. With good form and shit nothing will happen. But the thing is, people say your nutrients, energy and recovery go into building and recovering muscle instead of growing. Is this true?
Ask rameriz if lifting stunts growth

cope.
only in issue if goes into over-training territory for longer time.
which most everyone won't

I'd say yes if I was a Facebook mother

excercise stunting growth. might only happen when one is over-tyraining. Which is like training 10x per week with to little rest.
by stunting, u mean the nutrients and the energy go into building and recovering muscle so no energy for growth, or something else?

by stunting, u mean the nutrients and the energy go into building and recovering muscle so no energy for growth, or something else?
yeah, in that case.
but tthat is over-training territory. Where the lack of enough rest, puts to much stress on the whole body/systems, and potentially development.

yeah, in that case.
but tthat is over-training territory. Where the lack of enough rest, puts to much stress on the whole body/systems, and potentially development.
I think it MIGHT stunt growth, even when you're not overtraining tbh. Your body might use the nutrients and energy for the growth. I need a scientific study about this. Like in your sleep instead of releasing HGH your body is recovering the muscles.

I think it MIGHT stunt growth, even when you're not overtraining tbh. Your body might use the nutrients and energy for the growth. I need a scientific study about this. Like in your sleep instead of releasing HGH your body is recovering the muscles.
sounds like massive cope.
1. there thould be enough neutrients for everything, on a decent/good blanced diet.
2. don't forget the other extra benefits of excercise. lower fat = more T levels, which helps during puberty also for development. and overall general health benifits. And obviously, the mental benifits of looking better due to gym that comes with how you can see yourself andf how other will treat you better because one loos good instead of like fat slob, or a skinny fat weakling.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk and asdvek
no, it is all connected.
with that logic you can say 'yes all my energy goes into repairing my muscles but not into pumping the blood through my veins'
lifting in a growth spurt = getting bigger while growing taller

with that logic you can say 'yes all my energy goes into repairing my muscles but not into pumping blood through my veins"
man i aint against lifting but idk tbh
pumping blood through veins is NEEDED, it's requirement to be alive.
while repairing and building muscle is different.
im not saying "lifting stunts growth" but im not sure

man i aint against lifting but idk tbh
pumping blood through veins is NEEDED, it's requirement to be alive.
while repairing and building muscle is different.
im not saying "lifting stunts growth" but im not sure
the beautiful thing abt our body is that it is capable to reach it's genetic peak no matter what
Most ppl will reach their genetic height, most ppl will get their genetically predisposed amount of bones

unless you're severely underfed like the niggas in africa

the beautiful thing abt our body is that it is capable to reach it's genetic peak no matter what
Most ppl will reach their genetic height, most ppl will get their genetically predisposed amount of bones

unless you're severely underfed like the niggas in africa
still dont know
lots of powerlifters are midgets
most child bodybuilders are also midgets
kids that do lifting are midgets
but regardless my growth is almost complete anyway so i rlly dont give a fuck but still idk

still dont know
lots of powerlifters are midgets
most child bodybuilders are also midgets
kids that do lifting are midgets
but regardless my growth is almost complete anyway so i rlly dont give a fuck but still idk
I've grown 5 inches while lifting heavy as shit and I'm still growing so idk

i say it depends on the type of lifts you do . deadlifts are most likely to fuck up the growth if your lifting crazy amounts

completely untrue