Does MSE help with the anterior projection of the cheekbones?

F

fruitgunpop

Mistral
My cheekbones have good lateral projection but kinda non ideal anteriorly.
I have bimax protrusion in the first place so I'd most likely have to widen my palate or resort to extractions.
Will MSE improve the anterior projection of the cheekbones? :feelsthink:

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, NegativeNorwood and GandyIsNormie
@fruitgunpop Very slightly, if any. What's your age? Younger people achieved some results for forward growth (should also affect zygos a bit) by using face masks with MSE but the hope is low for adult patients over, say, age of 21. See also this message about MSE: https://looksmax.org/threads/if-i-have-mse-how-will-i-fix-occlusion-yakhis.536831/post-8834743
I just turned 20 recently :feelsrope:
Is there anything else I can do to make it more anteriorly projected other than implants and MSE?

What about SARPE btw
SARPE yields mediocre results aesthetically.
High cut LeFort I may increase projection somewhat, but it's not as common. Well-designed implants would be a good solution, but expensive.
In some cases a high Le Fort I osteotomy is required for advancement of the entire Q6401

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: NegativeNorwood and fruitgunpop
Mse doesn’t do shit to cheekbones it just makes palate wider.

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop
@Birdcell @NegativeNorwood @Preston Sorry for the tag but could u lads pls help me?
Aside from implants and lefort is there anyway I can do to make my zygos more anteriorly projected?
I have good lateral projection but non ideal anterior projection. :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Birdcell and NegativeNorwood
@Birdcell @NegativeNorwood @Preston Sorry for the tag but could u lads pls help me?
Aside from implants and lefort is there anyway I can do to make my zygos more anteriorly projected?
For anterior projection , there's a modified osteotomy of the zso (Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy) that moves it sideways with little bit anterior protection , however it's a very obscure surgery and as a rule you cannot move the zygomatic bone forward only with a implant or whole lefort 3 (I think)

• Woah
OP , I have the same issue tbh , I have very wide cheekbones but little bit anterior projection

• So Sad

I think it doesn't help much but could be wrong.
I'm in a similar situation myself (30 yo, narrow palate, cheekbones very wide but lacking anterior projection) and been told several times that custom implants are the way to go for more cheekbone anterior projection.

Re widening palate, I think this thread could be useful to you, specially Silver responses:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mr.Proper, Jason Voorhees and fruitgunpop
OP , I have the same issue tbh , I have very wide cheekbones but little bit anterior projection

That's why I tagged u :feelskek:
Check this out
Cheekbone implants + midface augmentation
Looks kinda good? :feelsthink:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729_210526.jpg
    Screenshot_20220729_210526.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220729_210533.jpg
    Screenshot_20220729_210533.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Birdcell
For anterior projection , there's a modified osteotomy of the zso (Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy) that moves it sideways with little bit anterior protection , however it's a very obscure surgery and as a rule you cannot move the zygomatic bone forward only with a implant or whole lefort 3 (I think)
:feelswah::feelswah:

First get your midface advancement and then the implant , but shit will be insanely expensive , around 20k
That's why I tagged u :feelskek:
Check this out
Cheekbone implants + midface augmentation
Looks kinda good? :feelsthink:

First get your midface advancement and then the implant , but shit will be insanely expensive , around 20k
I may not need midface implants actually.
My bimax protrusion makes it look as if my midface is recessed but thats not the case. The incisors top and bottom is overly flaring outwards that's the reason why.
But I'll still measure my foward growth in CBCT scans. Maybe its a bit recessed.
I'm gonna get jaw surgery anyways to fix condylar hyperplasia (just speculation) Imma visit my surgeon next week.
Maybe I could get bimax simultaneously with condylectomy.

Here's my maxilla :feelsrope:

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_012612.JPG
    IMG_20220710_012612.JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 0
I may not need midface implants actually.
My bimax protrusion makes it look as if my midface is recessed but thats not the case. The incisors top and bottom is overly flaring outwards that's the reason why.
But I'll still measure my foward growth in CBCT scans. Maybe its a bit recessed.
I'm gonna get jaw surgery anyways to fix condylar hyperplasia (just speculation) Imma visit my surgeon next week.
Maybe I could get bimax simultaneously with condylectomy.

Here's my maxilla :feelsrope:
Yeah , in your case , just get infraorbital rim implants

You wouldnt want apple cheeks do you

• JFL
Reactions: Birdcell and fruitgunpop
I dont think so