Does Universal Basic Income encourage NEETism?

Peachy

Peachy

in a void of omnipresent Chaos
I don't see many people talking about this. Usually, UBI is pretty small and one person can't live on it, but if you group up with 3 or more other people, you can all live in the same house and share bills. I'd rather live in shitty conditions with a bunch of retards than have to work for the rest of my life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581
yes and neetism = leech theory

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 1464
Most people would never be NEETs. Social stigma, interest in their career, human need for social interaction all make it unenjoyable to rot away spamming on message baords for most of the populace

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob and Deleted member 2581
Most people would never be NEETs. Social stigma, interest in their career, human need for social interaction all make it unenjoyable to rot away spamming on message baords for most of the populace
Why work when you can rot for the rest of your life and be independent? You'd have enough for food, water, shelter, internet and you won't have to rely on a job or parents to have all the necessities. If that was the case, I'd probably just start doing drugs, become a hippie or some shit.

I don’t see how anyone can live as a n.e.e.t without going insane

• +1
Reactions: Mansnob
Why work when you can rot for the rest of your life and be independent? You'd have enough for food, water, shelter, internet and you won't have to rely on a job or parents to have all the necessities. If that was the case, I'd probably just start doing drugs, become a hippie or some shit.
it's the work that makes vacation enjoyable. Having food and water isn't enough to satiate ambitious people who want to succeed in their careers.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
I don’t see how anyone can live as a n.e.e.t without going insane
I think UBI would cause mass NEETism. Imagine there being millions of neets, they'd even have their own neetborghoods and they'd all live in harmony. It's basically a hippie lifestyle but not in the forests.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Yes isn't it obvious?
Also there would be tons of lowlifes lining the streets committing petty crime because they have nothing to occupy themselves with.

Yes isn't it obvious?
Also there would be tons of lowlifes lining the streets committing petty crime because they have nothing to occupy themselves with.
Then why don't the studies and experiments done with UBI show that? To me, it's natural to become a NEET if I get UBI for life.

Chad neets will fuck 24/7 while subhumans rot

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 1553
Most Americans laugh at the idea of UBI now, but what will happen when automation becomes so proficient that all manuel labor, fast food, and driving jobs become completely and 100% automated? Unemployment will bump up nationwide to at least 35%.

McDonald's is currently working on a new line of robots that will accomplish this. And if successful, most other businesses will follow suit.

UBI will become essential in a relatively quick timespan, probably in the next 40 years or so.

McDonaldsrobotworkerflippingburgers

A11dba9d 336a 48e7 bb27 39a5e9939f84 1140x641

Fast Food Robot taking over by 2017   How Drones like Amazon and PrimeAir and not Humanoid Rob

Wouldnt giving everybody UBI just cause inflation?

I fucking hate not doing shit for days. So glad I got a job and enrolled in college

I'm going to make my own thread on this if that's alright.