Doesn't being lean affect planning for maxillofacial surgery?

E

everythingmatters

Silver
Title

Is it really necessary to be lean for maxillofacial surgery planning?

I'm not saying i am not willing to do what it takes to lose weight, but that can take time.

Are not CT scans enough for the Dr to determine the movements of the surgeries (for aesthetic purposes)?

Thoughts? @Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax

Last edited:
It won't take long.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and everythingmatters
Whether you are lean or not when you do it, it doesn't matter, the surgery doesn't change your fat distribution, so if you do it while you are fat, then lean down, the result will be the exact same as if you were lean when you did it.

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, everythingmatters and WannaBeA6
who the fuck said it is? doctors base their surgeries on numerous exams they do before it, not by looking at your face and deciding what they'll do on the spot

Whether you are lean or not when you do it, it doesn't matter, the surgery doesn't change your fat distribution, so if you do it while you are fat, then lean down, the result will be the exact same as if you were lean when you did it.
surgery changes fat distribution. Increased projection = a more lean face.

surgery changes fat distribution. Increased projection = a more lean face.
If you have a very recessed jawline with no chin, then yes, otherwise if it's only slightly recessed, there isn't going to be a big difference.

My point though was mainly that whether you are fat or lean during the surgery, it doesn't matter, because there won't be a difference between leaning down before or after the surgery.

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
Title

Is it really necessary to be lean for maxillofacial surgery planning?

I'm not saying i am not willing to do what it takes to lose weight, but that can take time.

Are not CT scans enough for the Dr to determine the movements of the surgeries (for aesthetic purposes)?

Thoughts? @Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax

No, skull doesn’t have fat and, although some soft tissue landmarks differ, it won’t affect much. Although it’s better not to be overweight if you are going to be put under general anaesthesia.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, randomuser2407 and everythingmatters
No, but the aesthetic pay off will be much less noticeable if you are not lean.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: everythingmatters and Sergio-OMS
If you have a very recessed jawline with no chin, then yes, otherwise if it's only slightly recessed, there isn't going to be a big difference.

My point though was mainly that whether you are fat or lean during the surgery, it doesn't matter, because there won't be a difference between leaning down before or after the surgery.

Do you need bucca fat removal

Do you need bucca fat removal
Buccal fat remova is only useful if you have excess fat on your cheeks even after you have leaned down, like let's say you are 10% body fat and still have a fat face because of poor fat distribution, then you're better off doing buccal fat removal because it will give you a leaner face. However, if you overdo it, or if you already had good fat distribution, then when you're lean, your face will be so lean that you'll look like a skeleton and that is ugly, and that is one of the downsides of plastic surgeries (there is a high risk factor). But the bimax is different, it's not a plastic surgery since it's not done for aesthetic reasons only but also to fix a medical problem so there is less risk, a bad surgeon can fuck it up but there is less risk of looking weird afterwards.

• +1
Buccal fat remova is only useful if you have excess fat on your cheeks even after you have leaned down, like let's say you are 10% body fat and still have a fat face because of poor fat distribution, then you're better off doing buccal fat removal because it will give you a leaner face. However, if you overdo it, or if you already had good fat distribution, then when you're lean, your face will be so lean that you'll look like a skeleton and that is ugly, and that is one of the downsides of plastic surgeries (there is a high risk factor). But the bimax is different, it's not a plastic surgery since it's not done for aesthetic reasons only but also to fix a medical problem so there is less risk, a bad surgeon can fuck it up but there is less risk of looking weird afterwards.

If your indian though usually your facial fat ratios are awful

• So Sad
Reactions: Subhuman trash
If your indian though usually your facial fat ratios are awful
There is only one way to know, cut down to a low body fat (10-11%) and you'll know how you look like. I'm not an expert on fat distribution amongst indian populations but looking at low body fat natty indian male bodybuilders on Instagram could answer your question.

• +1