Don't eat PUFAs if you don't wanna shrink with age

ageistheblackestpill

ageistheblackestpill

6ft1 manlet in the netherlands
Will make a higher effort thread on this later on the dangers of PUFA and how to retain height but i'll share this for now.
Basically, in diseased (or aging) cartilage (which is what causes height shrinkage), nitric oxide seems to be a major player.
avoidig PUFA avoids nitric oxide.

Elevated nitric oxide production derived from NO synthase activity has been manifested in cerebrospinal fluid in patients with degenerative lumbar disease. (1)

Cartilage obtained from patients with osteoarthritis produces significant amounts of nitric oxide ex vivo (2)

NO2- release was reduced by 37% and 57% by omega 3 PUFA supplementation and EFA deficiency, respectively. (3)

EFA deficiency means essential fatty acid deficiency, which means NO POLYUNSATURATED FAT INTAKE.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling
Will make a higher effort thread on this later on the dangers of PUFA and how to retain height but i'll share this for now.
Basically, in diseased (or aging) cartilage (which is what causes height shrinkage), nitric oxide seems to be a major player.
avoidig PUFA avoids nitric oxide.

Elevated nitric oxide production derived from NO synthase activity has been manifested in cerebrospinal fluid in patients with degenerative lumbar disease. (1)

Cartilage obtained from patients with osteoarthritis produces significant amounts of nitric oxide ex vivo (2)

NO2- release was reduced by 37% and 57% by omega 3 PUFA supplementation and EFA deficiency, respectively. (3)

EFA deficiency means essential fatty acid deficiency, which means NO POLYUNSATURATED FAT INTAKE.
Dnr

Which foods should i avoid?

correlation causation dnr

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15698