Dr. Bill Andrews Is Working On Curing Aging By Telomere Elongation + Here Are Some Of My Thoughts

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

AmbitionBoySchemeingInTheDarkness

Read through the above website. Pretty exciting stuff. Being alive in 2023 can be depressing, but don’t take it for granted; it’s an interesting time to be alive.

Here’s a LongeCity thread you should definitely read:

I’ve been thinking about telomeres and DNA damage, and have been thinking about the potential of DNA damage being a significant catalyst for telomere shortening. (In the very least, DNA damage would make a telomere-lengthening anti aging approach dangerous due to cancer risk)

I’ve thought of some ideas, although I’ve yet to do research. You could help in that regard. Anyway, the idea is that (considering DNA damage accelerates telomere shortening AND increases the risk of cancer) preventing or repairing DNA should be prioritized. Considering cosmic radiation can damage DNA, perhaps encasing your room in a radiation-blocking material, such as lead, could reduce DNA damage and thus slow cellular senescence and protect from cancer. I’ve also thought about p53 (p53 activation can either induce cell growth cycle arrest and DNA repair, apoptosis, or cellular senescence) and wondered if it’s possible to augment the chances so that the path of cellular growth cycle arrest and DNA repair occurs more often relative to apoptosis and cellular senescence. The perspective I’ve been thinking in is that DNA damage is CAUSATIVE to telomere degeneration and overall organismic senescence.

@lookmaxascend @KING REIDYZ @ogu @spirili @mvp2v1 @the MOUSE @hellolol

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, enchanted_elixir, spirili and 7 others

• JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint
Astragulus lengthens telomeres

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, enchanted_elixir and Youㅤ

Read through the above website. Pretty exciting stuff. Being alive in 2023 can be depressing, but don’t take it for granted; it’s an interesting time to be alive.

I’ve been thinking about telomeres and DNA damage, and have been thinking about the potential of DNA damage being a significant catalyst for telomere shortening. (In the very least, DNA damage would make a telomere-lengthening anti aging approach dangerous due to cancer risk)

I’ve thought of some ideas, although I’ve yet to do research. You could help in that regard. Anyway, the idea is that (considering DNA damage accelerates telomere shortening AND increases the risk of cancer) preventing or repairing DNA should be prioritized. Considering cosmic radiation can damage DNA, perhaps encasing your room in a radiation-blocking material, such as lead, could reduce DNA damage and thus slow cellular senescence and protect from cancer. I’ve also thought about p53 (p53 activation can either induce cell growth cycle arrest and DNA repair, apoptosis, or cellular senescence) and wondered if it’s possible to augment the chances so that the path of cellular growth cycle arrest and DNA repair occurs more often relative to apoptosis and cellular senescence. The perspective I’ve been thinking in is that DNA damage is CAUSATIVE to telomere degeneration and overall organismic senescence.

gonna be to high iq for this forum boss

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and Youㅤ

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, StrangerDanger, Kirby7000 and 1 other person

Super interesting bro

• +1
  • JFL

Very interesting thread, I'll do my research.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, KING REIDYZ and Youㅤ

@Youㅤyou have any other material similar to this its very interesting

• JFL
  • +1
Well I haven’t been focusing on rejuvenation therapies because I’m prioritizing optimizing my diet first to slow aging, but you can look into sens.org, another aging reversal foundation

a potential rejuvenation method is prolonged fasting or fasting mimicking diet, there’s evidence for it increasing stem cell self-renewal and differentiation to rejuvenate some tissues

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, reptiles and enchanted_elixir
I recommend reading through fightaging.org for interesting information

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint and enchanted_elixir
A very different take for this forum.

As mentioned, DNA damage is usually prevented by your body by other cells who detect DNA damage and kill those cells before they can reproduce. Most of the time, DNA damage is nothing serious as the nucleotides are usually still the same and still point to the same RNA and amino acid, but when there is a harmful mutation with nothing to stop it, tumors form.

There are multiple ways you can stop this. First, eat your veggies.

Second, take SAM-e.

Third, fast.

Fourth and MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Keep your stress levels low. Wake up and just be happy.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, Youㅤ, mvp2v1 and 1 other person