dr taban and dr. yaremchuk + eppley have different opinions regarding canthoplasty

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
dr.-yaremchuk

Two related procedures, canthopexy and canthoplasty, are used to elevate the lower lid when it has already fallen or to prevent it from falling during a lower eyelid procedure. They work in different ways, and I only recommend one of them for my patients.

In my opinion, canthoplasty should be avoided in cosmetic eyelid procedures because it produces a rounder eye shape. By design, canthoplasty procedures make the lower lid frame the eye more roundly, because they disassemble and reassemble the outside corner of the eye while shortening the lower lid.

Canthoplasty may be appropriate for certain post traumatic situations, or when the lower lid has become lengthened with age, but I do not find that it will satisfy patients who want a more youthful look.

dr. eppley

"Lateral canthopexies can elevate the outer corner of the eye and can do so without creating a bowstring or tightening effect across the entire lower eyelid. Because it stays on the outside of the bone (rather than inside like a lateral canthoplasty) it does not shorten the horizontal length of the lower eyelid."

A lateral canthopexy technique is less likely to round out the eye shape and shorten the horizontal length of the lower eyelid.

VS

taban

bif fan of canthoplasty. all his almond eye surgery include canthoplasty basically.

who is right?

• +1
Reactions: angelo, catastaire, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
yaremcuck

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Toth's thot, Danish_Retard and 2 others
Yaremchuk is better educated and has experience dealing with serious reconstructive surgeries, I trust him more tbh. His results out of these 3 surgeons are the most realistic appearing as well, indicating a better understanding for aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, user47283, Deleted member 9699 and 1 other person
Yaremchuk is better educated and has experience dealing with serious reconstructive surgeries, I trust him more tbh. His results out of these 3 surgeons are the most realistic appearing as well, indicating a better understanding for aesthetics.

on the other hand there seem to be different techniques regarding canthoplasty aswell (just like with canthopexy, a normal canthopexy can be hardly compared to a bridge of bone canthopexy) and taban claims to use a technique called aesthetic canthoplasty - no idea if thats just labeling or if thats really a different technique that eg could prevent the problems that get adressed by dr y and dr e

would be nice to see a discussion between dr y and dr t on the matter

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
What would you say is a good alternative then, if you happen to know? I need cantho for my eyes tbh.

Does anyone know how much Taban and Yaremchuk really charge for lateral canthopexy?

i have the feeling canthoplasty can lead to uncanny results while you canthopexy doesnt

Yaremchuk is the most knowledgeable of any surgeon, but he’s old and out of his surgical prime, which makes me reconsider going to him

What would you say is a good alternative then, if you happen to know? I need cantho for my eyes tbh.
Idk tbh. I wouldnt change the canthal tilt though, just get it for a lift of the lower eyelid if its very saggy

Idk tbh. I wouldnt change the canthal tilt though, just get it for a lift of the lower eyelid if its very saggy
If when I look down my tilt looks PCT and when I look up my tilt looks NCT does that mean I have neutral canthal tilt?

If when I look down my tilt looks PCT and when I look up my tilt looks NCT does that mean I have neutral canthal tilt?
Look at outside corner of upper eyelid, when you are looking straight at mirror. Its not bad btw to not have PCT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699
Look at outside corner of upper eyelid, when you are looking straight at mirror. Its not bad btw to not have PCT
It seems to be slight PCT. Somehow I messaged my eyes to Taban and he said I need a cantho though?

To lift your lowere eyelid? Or change canthal tilt?
He suggested lower eyelid retraction and canthoplasty. Didn't say why or anything, just suggested those two surgeries jfl. I could send you the pictures I sent him if you want.

on the other hand there seem to be different techniques regarding canthoplasty aswell (just like with canthopexy, a normal canthopexy can be hardly compared to a bridge of bone canthopexy) and taban claims to use a technique called aesthetic canthoplasty - no idea if thats just labeling or if thats really a different technique that eg could prevent the problems that get adressed by dr y and dr e

would be nice to see a discussion between dr y and dr t on the matter
This is his own pioneered technique btw he outlines it here

Once I asked an oculoplastic surgeon (who is not connected at all to these types of sites) what is the difference between canthoplasty and canthopexy?

He replied "Not sure."

You could divide it in many ways - Canthus cut vs canthus plicated, reconstructed vs moved/re-suspended, etc.

Canthoplasty and canthopexy have many definitions and variations. It is really just a loose term.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Good_Little_Goy
how is different to a normal canthoplasty, sb ever asked him that?
sry I meant to respond to this before

reading his manuscript he seems to stress the minimally invasive aspects of his technique in comparsion to treaditional canthoplasty procedure,
in his own words

Lateral canthoplasty is a core procedure to restore eyelid function and to correct lower eyelid malposition. It has become an important part of cosmetic blepharoplasty. As the aging process progresses, there is decreasing tonicity of the lower dermal orbicular pennant, the lateral retinacular suspension, transposition of the lateral canthal tendon, and fascial slings to the lower eyelid.1,3–27 The evolution of surgical techniques has been driven by unsatisfactory postoperative results. The traditional method is the lateral tarsal strip. The lateral tarsal strip canthoplasty is accomplished with an open exposure of the canthal tendon. However, the open canthal incision has potential disadvantages. The disarticulation of the upper eyelid/tendon from the lower eyelid/tendon can lead to length disparity between the upper and lower tendons, misalignment of the mucosal or cutaneous elements of the canthal junction, and scarring or web formation in the multicontoured mucocutaneous region (Fig. 6). Rounding of the canthal angle can also occur if the reconstruction is under undue tension or if too much tarsus is removed. Furthermore, the horizontal incision at that location can compromise the lymphatic drainage of the upper and lower eyelids and weaken the orbicularis oculi muscle. The latter is especially critical in those patients needing to undergo lateral canthoplasty to correct an already paralytic ectropion. In our series of 1,050 lateral canthoplasties over the past 4 years, we have had excellent functional and aesthetic results using our minimally invasive upper eyelid crease incision approach and resuspension technique for lateral canthoplasty. Because the anatomy of the mucocutaneous lateral canthal angle is not violated, there is decreased risk of significant postoperative lymphedema, misalignment of the upper and lower tendons, and scarring or web formation. It can be performed concurrent with upper blepharoplasty without additional incisions. Our technique has some similarities to other reported techniques16; however, there are differences. We avoid any other cutaneous incisions other than the upper eyelid crease incision. Furthermore, by disinserting and exposing the common tendon, we can shorten the lateral tarsus, if necessary. Because the suture engages portions of the common tendon, the upper and lower limbs are both tightened, decreasing the tendency for length disparity or “overhanging” of the upper eyelid. Only limited shortening (mincing) of the tarsal tendon can be accomplished through the closed approach. When more severe horizontal laxity is present, requiring significant horizontal shortening of the tarsus, then the traditional open lateral tarsal strip procedure is preferred. It should be remembered that canthal anchoring, no matter how well performed, will not be effective or long-lasting if under excessive tension or if orbicularis oculi paralysis is present. Moreover, lower eyelid displacement away from the globe may occur if the vector of fixation is not internal and placed well inside the orbital rim, particularly if there is inadequate mobile skin and middle lamella in the canthal area.

he goes on to summarise

In summary, a minimally invasive upper eyelid crease incision approach and resuspension technique can efficiently and aesthetically reconstruct the lateral canthus. It can be used in both reconstructive and cosmetic cases. Avoiding the open canthal incision decreases the risk of scarring or malposition of the mucocutaneous junction, decreases the tendency for length disparity, and better protects the lymphatic drainage and orbicularis oculi muscle. It may be combined with other procedures, if necessary. The lateral eyelid crease incision provides access, for example, to the middle lamella of the lower eyelid in en-glove fashion and to the lateral lower eyelid fat pad. Knowledge of the anatomic relationship between the upper eyelid, lower eyelid, lateral canthus, and orbit is important to avoid unnecessary damage and achieve the optimal result. Of course, biologic and physiologic factors at play need to be considered in every case.

reading this it seems like the main difference is in invasiveness of the technique, with the aesthetic differences resulting from this reduced invasiveness, e.g. the decreased risk of scarring from avoiding the open canthal incision.

but in terms of desired result of this technique vs traditional canthoplasty I don't beleive there are any differences.

Once I asked an oculoplastic surgeon (who is not connected at all to these types of sites) what is the difference between canthoplasty and canthopexy?

He replied "Not sure."

You could divide it in many ways - Canthus cut vs canthus plicated, reconstructed vs moved/re-suspended, etc.

Canthoplasty and canthopexy have many definitions and variations. It is really just a loose term.
Can you give oculoplastic surgeon recommendations?
and wondering if you have an opinion on using a mouth widening appliance to try and bring about soft tissue expansion?
Thanks

Last edited:
canthopexy mogs canthoplasty and is permanent, look at my post

Taban is a Jewish faggot. Fuck him to death